'The War Is Not Over'

'The War Is Not Over'

There are 276626 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Sep 12, 2006, titled 'The War Is Not Over'. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

ABs

United States

#285800 Dec 13, 2012
John_Schuylkill County_Pa wrote:
<quoted text>It's better to lose now and not in the playoffs
Sure hope you are right, ol' boy...the falcants laid a stinky egg last week...as did everyone in the ravens nevermore conference...
ABs

United States

#285801 Dec 13, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ten Commandments appear hastily written and totally improvised, as if by someone under pressure of time. The first three, for example, are merely "the raspy, throat clearings of an admittedly touchy and self-conscious dictator", while most of the others are now redundant with new understanding and man-made, more morally acceptable laws. Since the original tablets have long since disappeared, is it not fitting to write a new set of laws, more thoroughly thought through? Perhaps and including the forbidding of infanticide, child abuse, rape and genocide, while omitting the laws of "worship none but me" and "don't take my name in vain", which seem to serve no purpose in the development of morality what-so-ever.
Perhaps one fitting of the force fed luv and hug a gay generation, thou shalt not covet your neighbor's wife or her 18 year old son...that should serve to develop morality, yes?
ABs

United States

#285802 Dec 13, 2012
Just hours ago North Korea successfully tested what many consider to be intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) technology, underscoring the failure of two decades of U.S. policy. How Washington expected to halt Pyongyang’s missile development program without taking serious steps to do so remains a mystery. While ineffective policies date back to the previous Bush and Clinton administrations, the current administration bears its fair share of the blame.

President Obama made a serious error when he failed to order that the rocket launched in April be shot down — if not destroyed on the launch pad, admittedly a highly provocative act. Had he done so, he would have deprived the North Koreans of the lessons it learned from that missile’s failure and we might not be where we are today. In fact, had the president established a new precedent — the United States simply does not allow North Korea to conduct unfettered missile tests — he might have quickly made such tests a thing of the past.

But for whatever reason, when Pyongyang launched its rocket in April, the president chose to stick to an old playbook full of defensive formations that has never given North Korea pause. The State Department unwittingly admitted last week that the old approach — stern warnings before a launch, stepped up sanctions after — has all but failed. As spokesman Mark Toner explained at last Wednesday’s press briefing,“there’s always ways to toughen enforcement of sanctions. They can always be tweaked or modified so that there’s better enforcement of existing sanctions.”

In other words, existing sanctions are porous and have failed to stop North Korea from developing its missile technology........

Sure hope Obumble follows his predecessor's lead in dealing with Iran, oh yes, that's right, he is! Certainly re-assuring isn't it?...
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#285804 Dec 13, 2012
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said this!
When you deny that our prophet did exists, then all these things are "implied" from that stand you take.

NOTHING in the history and past events can be "Actually proven"!! Believe me!!

Muslims have used the "strictest criterion" that can be used to authenticate any past scripture known to humanity, both in past and present!!
Henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

#285805 Dec 14, 2012
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
You never implied it but MUQ points out correctly how silly your argument is.
So you think Abraham and Moses never existed?
Abraham and Moses are long ago dead!No god ever existed!
Henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

#285806 Dec 14, 2012
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure wish he would have had the ballz to use a few more...how many lives would have been saved in the long run? Bet we wouldn't be worried wasting time waiting for the young north korean dictator to launch his shiney new missile about now...eh?
How about Israels atombombs?
Henry

Wildenfels, Germany

#285807 Dec 14, 2012
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
That is lunatic talk and in a scientific society! This may end our human society!
In the garden of eden there happen nothing: Fairy tales often happen!
Henry

Wildenfels, Germany

#285808 Dec 14, 2012
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you only see Christians making it to heaven?
Very sorry, but there never was a heaven at all!
Henry

Wildenfels, Germany

#285809 Dec 14, 2012
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, you are all for doing adultery, stealing and killing? Surely there are some good ideas within some of those ten commandments aren't there hank?
Sorry I am an atheist and Christian religion has nothing to do with my life! But I remember terrible crimes in the name of Christianity in the last 2000 years!
Henry

Wildenfels, Germany

#285810 Dec 14, 2012
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>]
So then, you are all for doing adultery, stealing and killing? Surely there are some good ideas within some of those ten commandments aren't there hank?
The crimes of Christianity are tremendous!
ABs

United States

#285811 Dec 14, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
When you deny that our prophet did exists, then all these things are "implied" from that stand you take.
Muslims have used the "strictest criterion" that can be used to authenticate any past scripture known to humanity, both in past and present!!
So lets talk about the moon physically splitting in half again and authenitcation that the world was flat for how many hundreds of muslim years??? Just urious, what muslim authenticated the calendar they used for centuries before they adopted the 365 day calendar?
Wake up cpmrade muq, if man has touched it(and I know this may come as a shock to you but even muslim men), man has ph ucked it up...or tweaked it to his own benefit...this includes interpreting other people's words...
ABs

United States

#285812 Dec 14, 2012
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I am an atheist and Christian religion has nothing to do with my life! But I remember terrible crimes in the name of Christianity in the last 2000 years!
So then are you saying that the christian life style has nothing the world, even atheists, can benefit from??? I have to strongly disagree with you hank. Thats crazy, if that is the case why would there be any good athestists in the world...personally I believe that out of the ten commandments the goodness of man is described in quite a few of them, don't you agree?
ABs

United States

#285813 Dec 14, 2012
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The crimes of Christianity are tremendous!
But are merely a miniscule drop in the ocean compared to the crimes of all mankind...
ABs

United States

#285814 Dec 14, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, muq. Why turkey asking infidels for protection?

The Pentagon says it will send Patriot air defense missiles and 400 troops to Turkey as part of a NATO force meant to protect Turkish territory from potential Syrian missile attack. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta signed a deployment order today en route to Turkey from Afghanistan, a rep says. The order calls for 400 US soldiers to operate two batteries of Patriots at undisclosed locations in Turkey. Turkey is a founding member of NATO and requested that the alliance provide Patriots.

They will be sent by NATO members Germany and the Netherlands as well as the US for an undetermined period. During a brief stop at Incirlik Air Base, some 60 miles from the Syrian border, Panetta told US troops that Turkey might need the Patriots, which are capable of shooting down shorter-range ballistic missiles as well as aircraft. He said he approved the deployment "so that we can help Turkey have the kind of missile defense it may very well need to deal with the threats coming out of Syria," he said. Panetta did not mention how soon the two Patriot batteries will head to Turkey or how long they might stay
Henry

Rosa, Germany

#285816 Dec 14, 2012
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
So then are you saying that the christian life style has nothing the world, even atheists, can benefit from??? I have to strongly disagree with you hank. Thats crazy, if that is the case why would there be any good athestists in the world...personally I believe that out of the ten commandments the goodness of man is described in quite a few of them, don't you agree?
The crimes of Christianity are still enormous! For instance the Vatican (an very big capitalst)is discriminating the freedom of women and so on!
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#285818 Dec 14, 2012
AB s wrote:
I am confused, comrade muq. You muslim hordes have been around for what...1300 years or so and us what, a couple of hundred?

And you are the novices learning from us professionals? I don't pretend to be the brightest light bulb in the
Ans.

You people did not come out from under the Bushes a "couple of centuries back"…. The people who lived in the land for thousands of years before you arrived are still living in more or less the same state.!!

The westerners who came to USA were educated and fully backed by their European nations for many decades. When they fully developed then they broke out their links with their "mother country" so to say.

What was the conditions of Arabs before Islam and how it got transformed within a couple of decades under Islam is the thing to be investigated.

Muslims led the world in every field till about 15th and 16th Century, that is a period on 700-900 years.

It was the "discovery of steam power and industrialization and expansion of European nations into Muslim countries of Asia and Africa" that started the decline of Islamic nation.

So you should not be confused at all. Islam meant every thing good for Muslims.

While in the case of Christians it was exactly opposite, when Christianity governed their day to day life, the period is known as "Dark ages" by Christians themselves!!

You should read history , rise of European nations from 600 CE onwards.

Thanks for hinting that you are a professional, you might be but from the dark side!!

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#285819 Dec 14, 2012
News you will not see or hear on CNN and FOX News

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

Attack "Imminent."
Report: Documents Disclose 9/11 Warnings

By Matt Vasilogambros

September 11, 2012 "Yahoo News" -- Documents show the U.S. was given more warnings about potential terrorist attacks in the weeks leading up to 9/11, writes Vanity Fair contributing editor Kurt Eichenwald in a New York Times op-ed.

The documents predate the presidential daily briefing on Aug. 6, 2001, which said,“Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.”

“The administration’s reaction to what Mr. Bush was told in the weeks before that infamous briefing reflected significantly more negligence than has been disclosed,” he wrote.“In other words, the Aug. 6 document, for all of the controversy it provoked, is not nearly as shocking as the briefs that came before it.”

The direct warnings to Bush, he writes, date back to the spring of 2001. On May 1, the CIA told the White House that there was “a group presently in the United States” that was planning an attack. On June 22, a daily briefing described the attack as "imminent." Administration officials, however, dismissed the warnings, saying that Osama bin Laden was merely feigning an attack to distract the U.S. from efforts against Saddam Hussein in Iraq.

“Intelligence officials, these sources said, protested that the idea of Bin Laden, an Islamic fundamentalist, conspiring with Mr. Hussein, an Iraqi secularist, was ridiculous, but the neoconservatives’ suspicions were nevertheless carrying the day,” Eichenwald wrote.“In response, the CIA prepared an analysis that all but pleaded with the White House to accept that the danger from Bin Laden was real.”

Briefings on June 29, July 1, and July 24 carried similar warnings. On July 9, Eichenwald writes, one official suggested staff members of the CIA Counterterrorism Center “put in for a transfer so that somebody else would be responsible when the attack took place.”

“[The Bush administration] got this information and they weren't looking at it in the context of here's this huge threat that's developed,” Eichenwald said on MSNBC’s Morning Joe.“Look at what the Pentagon said,‘What's the nation state that's backing them? Oh, we think it's Iraq.’ And so, it was a frame of mind that was not unreasonable for them to have because they hadn't been getting the intelligence until very recently about the evolution and change of al-Qaida.”
Eichenwald, however, was criticized by former New York Gov. George Pataki, a Republican, for writing the piece.

“I think this is incredibly unfortunate,” he said on Morning Joe, adding that, "I think is incredibly unfair and a disservice to history.”

Eichenwald wrote a book,“500 Days: Secrets and Lies in the Terror Wars,” describing the intelligence briefings and actions taken by the Bush administration before and after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#285822 Dec 15, 2012
Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
ABs the bottom line remains true that the Pope is accurate.
It was the sins of humankind that killed Jesus, and the Pope and Scripture still remain factual.
Even I stopped believing in Santa Claus and the bible doesn't say 3 wise men.
SO WHAT!
lol
I think Kringle is real and then who spoke of the 3 wise men in the garden? At least there were 3 against 3

Santa spells Satan too you know he was rich he was very wealthy...

Or maybe he came from the Norsk and in San Antonio is where he got a tan so dark they called him dam Satan, Lucifer is what he prefers and he maybe that a tat fem and so what.. LOL

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#285823 Dec 15, 2012
He may be...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#285825 Dec 15, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
A. Moon Splitting:
What is your problem with moon "Physically Splitting up" Is it a Scientific Impossibility? As a scientist I will distance myself with such issues because there is "Not enough Scientific data for or against this event"
In Such cases, if the event is not "Scientifically Impossible" we should look at the evidence presented. If sufficient numbers of reliable eye witnesses are testifying that they saw and witnessed the event, it must be accepted.
What I wrote about Moon Splitting is applicable for ALL Miracles mentioned in Scriptures. Why they would be called Miracles if they were "Every day affairs".
But God becoming Man is "Scientific Impossibility" so we need much stronger evidence to justify this type of events.
B. Earth being Flat:
Quran does not say that earth is flat or earth is round. It is not its subject. But whatever it says holds true!!
If "Muslims" thought earth was flat, it is their problem and not Quran s.
Newton did not know ANYTHING about DNA, would you call him an "ignorant scientist"?
C. Calendar: The Islamic Calander is Lunar Calander which consists of 12 Lunar Months. This is the Calander which Muslims used and still use and it has not lost a single day.
The so called "scientific Solar based Calander" has lost many days in its chequred existence. It needs adjustment each few years even now!!
PS:
None of your observation come as shock to me. I am well aware of your "Low level of Expertise" and the One dimensional analytic power of your Limited Brain cells.
Go ahead and Fire more such questions, but it would be better if you ask One Question at a time!!
I was wondering the same what the freak the moon splitting?

Like 50 50 the moon why would it split what about the earth?

The moon has a flap door however!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Could Washington succeed by seceding? (Feb '17) Sep 14 DILDOSWAGONS 19
News Democrats say they have deal with Trump on youn... Sep 14 Spoiler Alert 2
News Frustration mounts over premiums for individual... Sep 4 CodeTalker 9
Humiliation Aug 29 Davidfonzi07 2
News With cattle in Washington's wolf country, ranch... Aug '17 carlene 2
News Washington, West Coast states in legal fight ag... Aug '17 MAGA 5
News a Unit cohesiona and how ita s been used to jus... Jul '17 Amos 11
More from around the web