Pledge: No tan for prom Arlington students hear first-hand tale of melanoma

Full story: Bennington Banner

Gov. Peter Shumlin unveiled a set of proposals Thursday that he said will boost farming, manufacturing and job training while putting recent military veterans back to work.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Feb 7, 2011
Bandit

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

To bad he has been around EX governor Dean so long. Just wish I had what they smoke.
You are Correct Sir

Harwich, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2011

Bandit, you, my friend, are clueless. Where have you been for the past 8 years when Gov. Sissorhands was running the state. You will recall that he lost jobs.

Shumlin's been on the job for what, a month? Give the guy a break and let's see what he can do. I'd say you already smoke too much.
Concerned

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

From Schmlin's Bio: "In 2006, Shumlin ran for his old seat in the State Senate upon the retirement of Senator Rod Gander, who served in the Senate from 2002-2006. Upon his return to the State Senate, Shumlin was once again elected Senate President Pro Tempore."

Now during those years what did Schumlin and the super majority do to create jobs in Vermont? The Legislature, with its super majority has the power to override anything and everything the governor does-and they have. So with all that power and so called concern for jobs-why haven' t they done something in the past several years to improve employment, create jobs, help bring business to Vermont and/or boosted up existing businesses in Vermont?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••