Washington has enough votes to legali...

Washington has enough votes to legalize gay marriage

There are 22 comments on the KMOV-TV Saint Louis story from Jan 23, 2012, titled Washington has enough votes to legalize gay marriage. In it, KMOV-TV Saint Louis reports that:

Washington's Legislature has enough votes to legalize gay marriage with a statement from Democratic Sen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KMOV-TV Saint Louis.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#22 Jan 24, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
I urge every pro-equality supporter to send an email to the anti-gay pastor Ken Hutcherson of the Antioch Bible Church. Thank him for his ridiculous testimony which helped Sen Haugen decide to SUPPORT the marriage equality bill!!
From another thread:
WeTheSheeple wrote:
I urge everyone to send a "thank you" email to the anti-gay Rev Ken Hutcherson of Antioch Bible Church. Let him know it was the testimony of the anti-gays such as himself which helped Sen Haugen decide to SUPPORT marriage equality!!
And don't forget to rub in the whole "civil rights" thing, since he's a black pastor & pitched a hissyfit about comparing gay civil rights to black civil rights.

I just sent an e-mail to Sen Haugen to thank her. If you look up her webpage, it allows even non Washington residents to send messages. Which in itself says a great deal about Sen. Haugen, since many other politicians don't do this.

Go to: http://www.sdc.wa.gov/senators/haugen/contact ...
you'll need the bill number too.
Senate Bill 6239

Thanks Sheeple.

"Dear Sen. Haugen,
Though I am not a resident of your State, I feel it's important to convey my feelings to you. Thank you for deciding to support Sen. Bill 6239, which would bring marriage equality to same sex couples in your State. From news reports I've read, it appears that it was the rhetoric and hate of the anti gay folks testifying, particularly comments by Rev Ken Hutcherson of Antioch Bible Church that convinced you to reverse your previous stance.

Our States and Nation need leaders like you, willing to listen, process and then decide on issues in the context of our U.S. Constitution, even if they conflict with Party Ideology and even previously held personal views. Your courage in this is to be commended. You constituents should be proud to have someone like you representing them.

Please feel free to share this note whenever you want. After Harvey Milk won election back in the '70's, I was one of those "voices quite young" who called and told him "Thank-You". So I see it as my duty as an American Citizen who happens to be both Christian and gay, to say thank you to you as well. Your actions bring hope to hundreds of thousands, gay and straight, both in your State and the Nation

Most Sincerely and Respectfully,

DNF
Ft. Lauderdale FL

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#23 Jan 24, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
I urge every pro-equality supporter to send an email to the anti-gay pastor Ken Hutcherson of the Antioch Bible Church. Thank him for his ridiculous testimony which helped Sen Haugen decide to SUPPORT the marriage equality bill!!
e-mail sent to Rev Ken Hutcherson of Antioch Bible Church

http://www.abchurch.org/contact-us.html

Dear "Reverand",
As a fellow Christian I want to thank you for your recent testimony before the Washington State Senate on Senate Bill 6239. Your comments helped advance the civil rights movement by convincing Sen. Haugen to vote in support of Marriage Equality. PLEASE keep up the good work in demonstrating what a mean spirited "Christain" you really are, and exposing people who previously were anti gay to the light of truth, justice and equality that Dr. King spoke of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vermont Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minority Dem delegates frustrated with 'Bernie ... Jul '16 slick willie expl... 3
News Ben & Jerrya s Co-Founder Shares Bernie Sanders... (Oct '15) May '16 Three Psyche 27
News The Truth of the Matter: Let's try to keep them... May '16 Cheddar Cheese 1
News On Native GroundFUKUSHIMA Reminds Us of the Rea... Mar '16 APEFARANGUMINDEBD... 2
News Bernie Sanders' Iowa showing excites Vermont su... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Community Disorga... 3
News Single payer advocates propose expansion of Dr.... (Dec '15) Jan '16 FEDERAL CIRCUS OF... 2
News Sanders' Face on Underwear Line (Oct '15) Nov '15 DILF 32
More from around the web