Bill: Felony to sell fake maple syrup...

Bill: Felony to sell fake maple syrup as real deal

There are 7 comments on the KSWO story from Oct 30, 2011, titled Bill: Felony to sell fake maple syrup as real deal. In it, KSWO reports that:

A Vermont couple thought they were getting a sweet deal on real Vermont maple syrup when they found a good price for it on the Internet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSWO.

Robert

Hollywood, FL

#2 Oct 30, 2011
What a waste of government.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#3 Oct 30, 2011
i can see where this is a HUGE concern to, practically...no one.

it's SO stupid, it's surprising it doesn't have chuckie schumer's thumb print on it.
Mike

Sparks, NV

#4 Oct 30, 2011
No, it isn't a waste of government! And it should be a concern of anyone who wants to get what they pay for. Counterfeit products, regardless of whether they are food, drugs, jewelry, etc. cost the distributors of legitimate products billions of dollars every year. Also, many counterfeit goods are manufactured and sold by enemies of our country. For example, in NY most counterfeit cigarettes are found in stores owned by Arab scum!
Also, counterfeit food products made in Asia have made people here sick. Counterfeit medications made overseas have killed people.

Since: Aug 10

Atlanta, GA

#5 Oct 31, 2011
Mike wrote:
No, it isn't a waste of government! And it should be a concern of anyone who wants to get what they pay for. Counterfeit products, regardless of whether they are food, drugs, jewelry, etc. cost the distributors of legitimate products billions of dollars every year. Also, many counterfeit goods are manufactured and sold by enemies of our country. For example, in NY most counterfeit cigarettes are found in stores owned by Arab scum!
Also, counterfeit food products made in Asia have made people here sick. Counterfeit medications made overseas have killed people.
If you buy maple syrup off the side of the road from a truck driver you met on the internet and it's a "sweet" deal, you might want to use some common sense and and wonder if it's real or stolen.

If you buy things from "shady" people under "shady" circumstances you have only yourself to blame for getting ripped off. Con artists wouldn't exist if some people weren't so easily duped.
Robert

Hollywood, FL

#6 Oct 31, 2011
Mike wrote:
Wrong, this is not about counterfeit products it is about maple syrup, something you can immediately taste a difference in. If your stupid enough to think that there is someone out there trying to give you something for nothing you deserve cane sugar on your pancakes.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#7 Oct 31, 2011
I had to laugh the other day. I went to the grocery store for my usual Sunday morning grocery shopping. Going down the breakfast isel i was looking at the syrups. There was one by log cabin. It said pure maple syrup.

So I looked at the back. There was so much shit in it. So then I grabbed the bottle of Cary's Maple Syrup. It said made form: 100% Canadian Maple Syrup.

So guess which one I picked up?

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#8 Nov 1, 2011
it is an abomination. next thing you know they will be marketing cod liver oil that comes from perch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vermont Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vermont document 1970s counterculture Apr '15 ress 2
News Markowitz: Universal recycling, an opportunity ... Apr '15 Wendy 6
News State of the Unions: Shumlin Strikes Out With O... Mar '15 markey da masshole 3
News Despite calls to slow down, NRC grants Vermont ... (Mar '11) Feb '15 BDV 359
News Resch: Are you an uphiller or a downhiller? Feb '15 fyi 1
News Group will push fetal homicide law (Aug '09) Jan '15 jenni 1,430
News Migrant Justice: Is Vermont DMV collaborating w... (Jan '15) Jan '15 wild child 3
More from around the web