Mass. joins Vt. in fight over nuke pl...

Mass. joins Vt. in fight over nuke plant's future

There are 32 comments on the The Boston Globe story from Jun 13, 2011, titled Mass. joins Vt. in fight over nuke plant's future. In it, The Boston Globe reports that:

Massachusetts came to Vermont's aid on Monday in the legal fight over whether the northern neighbor can bar the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant from operating within its borders.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Boston Globe.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ladys Reply

United States

#21 Jun 16, 2011
The litany of problems that have been presented by Vt nuclear power plant . Everything is fixed?
Since when ?
Off the top of my head.
Water Samples?
Expired Permits for dumping hot water into the Conn River ?
All Fixed?
All the fuel stored near the river. Taken care of ?
miscommunications about the pipes underground ...all fixed?
If this is the Best of the Fleet of Nuclear Plants in this country we are in deep trouble.
stardust

Brattleboro, VT

#22 Jun 20, 2011
Cosmic Howdy wrote:
Nuclear Fear Psychopathology.........
Seriously .
Did you take time to reflect on your comment ?
I do not have Nuclear fear Psychopathology...(although I do love , the time and thought that the pro nukes must have put into that hiliarious , inane phase,) sort of like a catch all phase for anyone who disagrees with your antics.
The leaks , the collaspes, the hot water , the corroded ,pipes, the miscommunications, the Tritium , the sleeping guards, the events, the bigger events.Oh yeah expired permits, 20 year extension, oh wow yeah that super stash of used fuel , thats a plus huh?
no, I don't have Nuclear Fear Psy.
I thought.I think.Sounds like these people don't have their act together and why should we trust them with our lives.
I thought nuclear power maybe okay if people dot all the t's but these guys apparently are challenged.
JAPAN throw into the mix is an added what ?
You got to be kidding me.It racheted up the stakes. Even after Japan the antics appear to continue.
For the record . You were not on my personal radar until your Tower collasped. I thought you GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.Look into it. You know what . The more I looked the worse it sounded.
As Sherlock Holmes to his counterpart Watson "The Game is afoot Watson" .
Google it. It is a recognized pathology that has been around for decades. Some people who are otherwise normal (at least to all outward appearences although probably not) are irrationally afraid of all things nuclear.
Ladys Reply

United States

#23 Jun 20, 2011
Candidly I never gave nuclear energy too much thought until you guys let a TOWER PARTIALLY collaspe at a Nuclear plant !

Don't have to be a rocket scientist to know or rather deduct that you are a bunch of dopes!..

Ergo: Bunch of Dopes operating a Nuclear Power Plant !

next I thought give them the benefit of the doubt !

What followes ?...A litany of more dopey excuses, mishaps, miscommunications.

You get it ! I got it ! Who's in charge ? Who is taking care of business?

DOPES !

There you go .

So now you got the dopes telling rational people AH NO !... You have a pathology !

However....Make NO MISTAKE ... I do know the DOPES INVENTED THE PATHOLOGY !.....Get those sand bags !

whose on first ?
BDV

Decatur, GA

#24 Jun 20, 2011
Ladys Reply wrote:
whose on first ?
Whatse on second?
this Vermonter

Alstead, NH

#25 Jun 20, 2011
true that wrote:
The leak has been remediated and is currently being closely scrutinized by those qualified to do so. Did you know that Vermont Yankee operates under the strictest guidelines in the country? No other plant in this country releases so little radiation or is looked at as carefully as Vermont Yankee is. You may think it is better to buy nuclear from out of state or even out of our own country, but what you are supporting are direct discharge nuclear power stations that operate under more lenient environmental standards. Vermont standards can be credited in creating a nuclear power station that is better than the rest and I think that the nation should adopt Vermont’s environmental standards for operating nuclear power stations. It is a mistake to shut down what is essentially a national example of how these plants should be operated. We need nuclear power in this country and we need them all to be more like Vermont Yankee
-They don't really care about all that. They don't even care if Vermont buys our nuclear power from outstate or the country; all they are after is NIMBY.
Ladys Reply

United States

#26 Jun 20, 2011
I Don't know's on Third................
BDV

Decatur, GA

#27 Jun 20, 2011
this Vermonter wrote:
They don't even care if Vermont buys our nuclear power from outstate or the country; all they are after is NIMBY.
Not an unreasonable position. Why should they care? Electricity is electricity, after all.
All the better if someone else runs the risk of a Fukushima accident while the Federal Government steps in just in time to prevent "price gouging".
Cosmic Howdy

United States

#28 Jun 20, 2011
All of the Mishaps at that plant in Vernon Vt Nuclear Plant ....Those problems, maintenance issues, lack of communications, leaks everything are your problems. The problems created by THAT That plant .That plant that is irresponsible.

Trying to insult.
Turn the tables on people who want to know how this is going on.
Trying to accuse them of not caring is beyond the pale.They are responsible. They are resposible for their families, their homes, their way of life and their communities. I believe that with all my heart.

It is An affront to think people are sooooooo stupid they'd sit back and believe anything you guys pander ...Too little too late .(What's an underground pipe ? had to be a classic )

Including that PATHOLOGICAL FEAR CRAP GOOGLE PRO NUCLEAR GARBAGE . What do you call a company who continue to operate a dangerous problem plant ?Is there a pathology ?

"Better yet if someone else runs the risk of a Fukushima accident".
What crap are you attempting to peddle. We ask that Vt yankee answer questions do their upkeep and we get that response.

That's right there some sort of pathology .
Or just stupid.
this Vermonter

Alstead, NH

#29 Jun 21, 2011
Cosmic Howdy wrote:
All of the Mishaps at that plant in Vernon Vt Nuclear Plant ....Those problems, maintenance issues, lack of communications, leaks everything are your problems. The problems created by THAT That plant .That plant that is irresponsible.
Trying to insult.
Turn the tables on people who want to know how this is going on.
Trying to accuse them of not caring is beyond the pale.They are responsible. They are resposible for their families, their homes, their way of life and their communities. I believe that with all my heart.
It is An affront to think people are sooooooo stupid they'd sit back and believe anything you guys pander ...Too little too late .(What's an underground pipe ? had to be a classic )
Including that PATHOLOGICAL FEAR CRAP GOOGLE PRO NUCLEAR GARBAGE . What do you call a company who continue to operate a dangerous problem plant ?Is there a pathology ?
"Better yet if someone else runs the risk of a Fukushima accident".
What crap are you attempting to peddle. We ask that Vt yankee answer questions do their upkeep and we get that response.
That's right there some sort of pathology .
Or just stupid.
Even more significantly, NRC Chairman Gregory Jaczko, who was widely criticized by the pro-nuclear community for the appearance of pandering to the anti-nuclear crowd in a controversial visit to the reactor last July, now stepped up to the plate to explain the NRC’s decision.

“ This is the final step in the NRC’s detailed technical and legal process of examining whether it’s appropriate to issue a renewed license,” said NRC Chairman Gregory B. Jaczko.(left)

“Since there are other approval processes outside the NRC, we’ll continue to ensure Vermont Yankee is meeting the appropriate public health and safety standards regardless of the reactor’s ultimate status.”

In a conference call with the news media, Jaczko said, "“We believe Entergy, through the exhaustive review that we’ve done for license renewal, meets all of our requirements and standards needed to be able to operate for another 20 years.”

http://theenergycollective.com/dan-yurman/533...
Nuke Fear Pathologist

United States

#30 Jun 21, 2011
Hey .
This Vermonter .Its me Cosmic Howdy (operating under the guise of Nuke Fear Pathologist )

Didn't you just ask me a few hours ago what a Nuke Fear pathologist was?(what the hell are you talking about ? was the question I was asked , I thought by you. if not sorry.)

Look a few comments up. The phoney stardust is talking about the situation of "Nuclear Fear Pathology ."

Maybe the Phoney stardust stood in front of a no exit tritium laced sign too long ....
Just thinking outloud.

I do bet he or she has seen; Traveling , hapless, beret wearing trust fund hippies, staggering around, causing havoic.

Maybe they are suffering from the Nuclear Fear Pathology ... stardust was talking about.
MrBurns

Brattleboro, VT

#31 Jun 21, 2011
Nuke Fear Pathologist wrote:
Hey .
This Vermonter .Its me Cosmic Howdy (operating under the guise of Nuke Fear Pathologist )
Didn't you just ask me a few hours ago what a Nuke Fear pathologist was?(what the hell are you talking about ? was the question I was asked , I thought by you. if not sorry.)
Look a few comments up. The phoney stardust is talking about the situation of "Nuclear Fear Pathology ."
Maybe the Phoney stardust stood in front of a no exit tritium laced sign too long ....
Just thinking outloud.
I do bet he or she has seen; Traveling , hapless, beret wearing trust fund hippies, staggering around, causing havoic.
Maybe they are suffering from the Nuclear Fear Pathology ... stardust was talking about.
I like how you describe an exit sign. It made me LOL.
MrBurns

Brattleboro, VT

#32 Jun 21, 2011
Just thinking outloud.

I think that you are really out of touch with reality, just look at your post. I mean really, why would anyone need to light up a door that says "no exit" ........just thinking out loud.

That should also be your new handle " just thinking outloud."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vermont Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ben & Jerrya s Co-Founder Shares Bernie Sanders... (Oct '15) Jun 27 AmPieJam UncleSam 35
News Does Vermont need a safe place for addicts to s... Mar '17 tfredleg 1
News new Russia-linked malware found on US electric ... (Dec '16) Jan '17 anonymous 34
News Sanders' Face on Underwear Line (Oct '15) Dec '16 Paul parenteau sr 33
News Minority Dem delegates frustrated with 'Bernie ... (Jul '16) Jul '16 slick willie expl... 3
News The Truth of the Matter: Let's try to keep them... (May '16) May '16 Cheddar Cheese 1
News On Native GroundFUKUSHIMA Reminds Us of the Rea... (Mar '16) Mar '16 APEFARANGUMINDEBD... 2
More from around the web