Mass. joins Vt. in fight over nuke pl...

Mass. joins Vt. in fight over nuke plant's future

There are 31 comments on the The Boston Globe story from Jun 13, 2011, titled Mass. joins Vt. in fight over nuke plant's future. In it, The Boston Globe reports that:

Massachusetts came to Vermont's aid on Monday in the legal fight over whether the northern neighbor can bar the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant from operating within its borders.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Boston Globe.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
stardust

Dover, NH

#1 Jun 13, 2011
Great ...since when do the people of Vermont want to be aligned with anything from Massachusetts?...never...excep t the Bruins.
Ladys Reply

United States

#3 Jun 14, 2011
Mass. is involved.

They are a border town .

Like it or not ,if there is an evacuation they will be fleeing right next to you guys.

Their Lives, families, way of life health will be affected.
Say what you want about Martha Coakley she is from Western Ma.

Western ma. is all but forgotton by Boston and the Pletora of Politicians who usually don't even acknowledge Western Ma. exists.

The border Towns deserve more than the crappy evacuation maps, iodine pills and tone radios from Vermont Nuclear Plant .

Maany, many , many , people in the border towns are closely monitoring what is happening at that plant .

Only morons would sit back and think everything is going well.
starduster

Brattleboro, VT

#4 Jun 14, 2011
Ladys Reply wrote:
Mass. is involved.
They are a border town .
Like it or not ,if there is an evacuation they will be fleeing right next to you guys.
Their Lives, families, way of life health will be affected.
Say what you want about Martha Coakley she is from Western Ma.
Western ma. is all but forgotton by Boston and the Pletora of Politicians who usually don't even acknowledge Western Ma. exists.
The border Towns deserve more than the crappy evacuation maps, iodine pills and tone radios from Vermont Nuclear Plant .
Maany, many , many , people in the border towns are closely monitoring what is happening at that plant .
Only morons would sit back and think everything is going well.
Only morons would be unable to see that the nuclear fear psychopathology dominates the opposition to VY.
stardust

North Olmsted, OH

#5 Jun 14, 2011
Comment #1 is not me.
Ladys Reply

United States

#6 Jun 14, 2011
Nuclear fear Psychopathology.

Yeah well only moron woulds think that that disclaimer would fly after JAPAN;
Ladys Reply

United States

#7 Jun 14, 2011
Oh and Stardust.

I knew that wasn't your comment #1.

I figured it wouldn't occur to you to drink TRITIUM like Starduster ........
MrBurns

Little Rock, AR

#8 Jun 14, 2011
Cosmic howdy, can you finally admit that you are from MA.?
Ladys Reply

United States

#9 Jun 14, 2011
Mr. Burns .

I'm from Little Rock AR.

I'm on your team !
Meet,ya at the Tritium Laced water cooler .
starduster

Brattleboro, VT

#10 Jun 15, 2011
Ladys Reply wrote:
Nuclear fear Psychopathology.
Yeah well only moron woulds think that that disclaimer would fly after JAPAN;
Did Japan change the way you think??? Uh oh...you had the nuclear fear psychopathology before Japan so why would it go away now?
Cosmic Howdy

United States

#11 Jun 15, 2011
Nuclear Fear Psychopathology.........

Seriously .
Did you take time to reflect on your comment ?

I do not have Nuclear fear Psychopathology...(although I do love , the time and thought that the pro nukes must have put into that hiliarious , inane phase,) sort of like a catch all phase for anyone who disagrees with your antics.

The leaks , the collaspes, the hot water , the corroded ,pipes, the miscommunications, the Tritium , the sleeping guards, the events, the bigger events.Oh yeah expired permits, 20 year extension, oh wow yeah that super stash of used fuel , thats a plus huh?

no, I don't have Nuclear Fear Psy.

I thought.I think.Sounds like these people don't have their act together and why should we trust them with our lives.

I thought nuclear power maybe okay if people dot all the t's but these guys apparently are challenged.

JAPAN throw into the mix is an added what ?
You got to be kidding me.It racheted up the stakes. Even after Japan the antics appear to continue.

For the record . You were not on my personal radar until your Tower collasped. I thought you GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.Look into it. You know what . The more I looked the worse it sounded.

As Sherlock Holmes to his counterpart Watson "The Game is afoot Watson" .
MrBurns

Brattleboro, VT

#12 Jun 15, 2011
Ladys Reply wrote:
Mr. Burns .
I'm from Little Rock AR.
I'm on your team !
Meet,ya at the Tritium Laced water cooler .
You see why you are a joke on this board? You can't even answer a question yet you demand even using capital letters that we answer to you and your nonsense questions. So many more Ma protesters that Vt. ones, why do you suppose?
Cosmic Howdy

United States

#13 Jun 15, 2011
Hmmmm....

I have been called an anti Nuclear Protester .

A child..... with a cat.My Cat has also been maligned.My cat has been called an anti nuke protestor.

I have been called French because I use French Phrases.

I have been labeled grammatical challenged unable to compose a sentence.My typing skills have been also maligned.(this trully hurt)

I been also insulted because I may come from Ma.

I have been called a Dummy.
I have been called a Moron.
I have been accused of coming from another State?
I have been called perhaps a middleaged over 55 frightened Anti nuclear protestor.

Such a pathetic collection of sterotypes. All amassed by me !.Just because I have my opinion !
Rather startling when you think of it.!

Now ! Now ! I am called A Joke. I shall file it with the other insults !

What about the Recent Anti Nuclear Fear Psychopathology !Really kicked up a notch from originally being called a pathetic Anti nuclear protestor!

Me thinks You Protest Too much !

I also wants to say I answers questions I choose to Mr.Burns. Just like Entergy.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#14 Jun 15, 2011
MrBurns wrote:
<quoted text>You see why you are a joke on this board? You can't even answer a question yet you demand even using capital letters that we answer to you and your nonsense questions. So many more Ma protesters that Vt. ones, why do you suppose?
Population, Vermont 621,760
Population, Massachusetts 6,593,587
Roughly 10 times the number of people in MA.
MrBurns

Columbus, OH

#15 Jun 15, 2011
Thats fine ch, you have every right to answer questions as you wish. I just wouldn't demand another person or company to answer the questions you want.
Cosmic Howdy

United States

#16 Jun 15, 2011
What ?
The answers I want ?
Are you for real?

The Partial Collased Tower?
The TRITIUM Leaks?
The Hot Conn River ?
The Pipes underground?.Expired permits?Miscommunications?..no right to get answers , we are not in a dictatorship yet sir.Or third world country.

..........My cat is even speechless. You think what ?That Entergy gets the Right to not answer the State Board of Health for Months as per The head of the Board.

This is beyond nerve. You send people Evacuation maps , Iodine pills and sirens blasting and what ,,,, too bad .

We are going to do what we do in secret . Are you nuts? The spent fuel is enough to have people disgusted.

Keep talking Mr. Burns . You just let out what you guys think. We deserve no answers. You guys want to do whatever, whenever and be Unanswerable to anyone.

I have had it tonite with the insults , arrogance , and incomprehensible gall.

Anyone else out there jump in and answer him . You think he's right . We the people deserve no answers. Or you think they should fix the place and give us answers.
I Know More Than You

Portland, ME

#17 Jun 15, 2011
Cosmic Howdy wrote:
I have been called a Dummy.
I have been called a Moron.
Hey stupid, you forgot idiot.
Cosmic Howdy

United States

#18 Jun 16, 2011
I KNEW something was forgotton . You are right Mr. I know more than you.... in my ....I forgot idiot !.

Candidly I like the list getting longer of insults . It adds a certain je n'est pas to the proceedings... don't ya think ?

Truthfully before I put my cat to bed last night and had a nice cup of ovaltine myself it occurred to me Maybe Mr. I Know More Than You would be the next poster . Like A Tag team event .(Altho' not olympic level you understand )....

You would be taking over for Mr. Burns. Then it occurred to me Maybe , just maybe .... you Mr. I know more Than You ARE Mr. Burns !.....

Watson !..... Like Mr. Moraity . The Game Is Still Afoot !.........
I Know More Than You

Portland, ME

#19 Jun 16, 2011
Cosmic Idiot wrote:
Then it occurred to me Maybe , just maybe .... you Mr. I know more Than You ARE Mr. Burns !.....
Thanks for the laugh ignoramus.
true that

Burlington, VT

#20 Jun 16, 2011
The leak has been remediated and is currently being closely scrutinized by those qualified to do so. Did you know that Vermont Yankee operates under the strictest guidelines in the country? No other plant in this country releases so little radiation or is looked at as carefully as Vermont Yankee is. You may think it is better to buy nuclear from out of state or even out of our own country, but what you are supporting are direct discharge nuclear power stations that operate under more lenient environmental standards. Vermont standards can be credited in creating a nuclear power station that is better than the rest and I think that the nation should adopt Vermontís environmental standards for operating nuclear power stations. It is a mistake to shut down what is essentially a national example of how these plants should be operated. We need nuclear power in this country and we need them all to be more like Vermont Yankee
Ladys Reply

United States

#21 Jun 16, 2011
The litany of problems that have been presented by Vt nuclear power plant . Everything is fixed?
Since when ?
Off the top of my head.
Water Samples?
Expired Permits for dumping hot water into the Conn River ?
All Fixed?
All the fuel stored near the river. Taken care of ?
miscommunications about the pipes underground ...all fixed?
If this is the Best of the Fleet of Nuclear Plants in this country we are in deep trouble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vermont Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scott administration proposes caps on spending,... Jan '18 America is in tro... 4
News Vermont Gov. Scott wants to attract people to t... Jan '18 America is in tro... 2
News Late night's Ferguson to be U.S. citizen; farm ... (Feb '08) Jan '18 Susan Blue Cat 14
News Scott to unveil plans for new Vermont prison Jan '18 Unreal 1
News Residents vent about carbon-tax plan Jan '18 Fed up 1
VT government wants to enforce religious laws? Jan '18 TheThirdAngel144 1
News Conservative activist goes undercover at transg... Dec '17 TerriB1 1