Three candidates running for Hopewell...

Three candidates running for Hopewell council seat in Ward 1

There are 345 comments on the Progress-Index story from Apr 8, 2010, titled Three candidates running for Hopewell council seat in Ward 1. In it, Progress-Index reports that:

With Hopewell city council elections less than four weeks away, a total of eleven candidates are gearing up to win the four seats open this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Progress-Index.

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
BEC

Petersburg, VA

#354 Apr 30, 2010
Young Voter wrote:
I attended a function last night for Yolanda Wyche-Stokes and her brother is an EX State Policeman, he spoke.
Did he forget that he was also a Hopewell Police officer?
Young Voter

Hopewell, VA

#355 Apr 30, 2010
Joyce wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, what you should probably do is consider voting for someone that has some integrity like Roosevelt Edwards. He's a black man.
I do not know who he is. He didn't reach out to me, I guess he is afraid of a young black man. He probably think we don't vote, but I voted for Obama.

I followed Ms. Stokes today on her City Tour - Rock DA Vote, she gave me a T-Shirt.

She is really a nice lady, she reminds me of my mom. My mom says our mind is made up we are voting fo r her. My mom grew up with her, and went to school with her. She likes her and so do I.
Young Voter

Hopewell, VA

#356 Apr 30, 2010
BEC wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he forget that he was also a Hopewell Police officer?
No, I guess I forgot, it's on the program they gave us.
green man

Richmond, VA

#357 Nov 1, 2011
woow this is really intresting and i was just thinking about buying a home from w.taylor
should i or should i not? i really didnt feel like he was a racist he "did" treat me with alot of respect and took time to show me a few prperties .. humm i saw a house that really caught my eye so now what should i do?? i am a black male
route 66

Richmond, VA

#359 Dec 7, 2012
30 years ago (or such) Wayne Taylor attempted to play slow pitch softball.......he was a catcher, and the plate umpire refused to work the game because he got tired of seeing Taylor's butt crack when he squatted to catch. The game was cancelled due to Taylor's team's coach refusing to move taylor from the catcher position...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
katie hopkins is a felonist (cpms osd mil annet... 5 hr SAINT YVETTE 1
News Virginia for the Win: Can Terry McAuliffe save ... 8 hr Phil 1
News Henrico teen to be tried as an adult (May '07) 14 hr Anon 4
News Virginia questions a 4-lane legacy as road name... Jul 25 Ecossias 3
southern business should not allow naacp on the... Jul 22 rebel111 1
does virginia still have the right to seceded f... Jul 21 rebel111 1
less start waveing confederate flags in defianc... Jul 20 rebel111 1
More from around the web