BGF in Nicaragua: Managing Medical Wa...

BGF in Nicaragua: Managing Medical Waste in Siuna

There are 2 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jul 16, 2013, titled BGF in Nicaragua: Managing Medical Waste in Siuna. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Children in Nicaragua are safer thanks to collaboration between Charlottesville's Building Goodness Foundation and the University of Virginia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Mountain mama

Earlysville, VA

#1 Jul 17, 2013
This is great. can UVA please help the children it's OWN country ? Wouldn't it be nice to do that? Americans helping Americans...... What a novel idea... Americans helping the future students and societal pillars of America... Adults helping the children who will end up helping the adults as they age.....
Ed Krisiunas

Avon, CT

#2 Jul 18, 2013
Similar situations around the world. But why an incinerator? Will it be properly maintained //have sufficient fuel? APC ( Air Pollution Control) Equipment? There are opportunities for recovery and recycle of much material...of course the market must be there to support it...

But incineration? When less and less are used in the USA....not an anti incineration person. They are needed but a proper one costs money...I have been to over 50 countries looking at this....there are alternatives.

Ed Krisiunas

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Benghazi and Virginia Wed Benghazi and Virg... 1
Benghazi and Florida Wed Benghazi and Flor... 1
News Tim Kaine names former aide as his vice preside... Oct 25 Philosophic 9
News abortion-hearing Oct 25 cpeter1313 1
News They crossed the border illegally, and can't vo... Oct 24 Cakez6365 10
Election Who's got your vote in the Virginia Senate race? (Oct '14) Oct 23 BABOinWV 13
News Reader: Schools should wait for Supreme Court, ... Oct 22 Bloomp 3
More from around the web