Ways to Stay Safe This Holiday Shopping Season - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and ...

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

This time around it starts right after the dinner plates leave the table. NBC29 hit the stores for a preview, and for what you need to know for a safe and hassle-free shopping experience.
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2012
Polly

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

As usual I will stay home, keep my money and shop later when the deals are just as good if not better. I don't like to see stores opening now on Thanksgiving as this should be the one true American Holiday we keep for FAMILY.
Sunny2468

Penn Laird, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

I am assured of staying safe from everything but a tummy ache from eating too much home-cooked Thanksgiving food, but since I have all evening to partake, I don't have to rush to eat too much at one time.

I have for years made it a point not to leave my house on Black Friday and now it seems that I will have to add Thanksgiving Day as well. Another 10 years and they will have backed up Black "Friday" to whatever day July Fourth falls on. Wal Mart and Target will put off fireworks to draw the crowds.
Pack

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Open carry, concealed carry,.357 .45 or .22, whatever, just carry. This is Charlottesville and that means everyone should carry, everywhere, every time.

And put in some quality time at the range.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Pack wrote:
Open carry, concealed carry,.357 .45 or .22, whatever, just carry. This is Charlottesville and that means everyone should carry, everywhere, every time.
Suffer from paranoia much?
Packin Momma

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Pack wrote:
I totally agree! I have two kids and carry a gun with me at all times, conceal carry that is. Charlottesville has some crazy people around here...especially Downtown!
Friend

Monroe, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!! A full stomach, all day spent with family, expressing thanks for what we already have, and now a good book--safe in my warm home. I think I'll sleep in a bit tomorrow. There's no place like home.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Packin Momma wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree! I have two kids and carry a gun with me at all times, conceal carry that is. Charlottesville has some crazy people around here...especially Downtown!
Nothing like scaring the crap out of your kids cause of your own perverse paranoia.
Ice Dogg

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Dont need a gun. Have Fist of Fury!
Zombie Stopper

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

thinking free wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing like scaring the crap out of your kids cause of your own perverse paranoia.
My kids love the sound of gunfire.
My 6 year old shoots my Desert Eagle, quite well, too.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Zombie Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
My kids love the sound of gunfire.
My 6 year old shoots my Desert Eagle, quite well, too.
Your kids will grow up as prejudiced and paranoid as you. Tragic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••