Double Fatal Crash on Rt. 33 in Louis...

Double Fatal Crash on Rt. 33 in Louisa County

There are 14 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from May 22, 2013, titled Double Fatal Crash on Rt. 33 in Louisa County. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Virginia State Police is continuing its investigation into an early morning crash on eastbound Route 33, South Spotswood Trial, approximately one-tenth of a mile east of Route 636, Valentine Mill Road, in Louisa County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Eaglescout1984

Charlottesville, VA

#1 May 23, 2013
"who were both not wearing their safety belts, died at the scene."

2 seconds that could save your life.
Agreed

Hampstead, MD

#2 May 23, 2013
Many still think they're invincible or that it can never happen to them. Sad...
wwtjdo

Charlottesville, VA

#3 May 23, 2013
Two young lives gone in an instant, again. No matter how many times it's reported, young drivers & passengers who've died by driving too fast & not buckling up, they're many who still will not head this advice: Drive safely & always buckle up. May God rest their souls & pray for the many who'll be affected by this.
zeek

Charlottesville, VA

#4 May 23, 2013
Sad to hear, i always wear a belt
Commentary

Farmville, VA

#5 May 24, 2013
When you don't wear your seatbelt, your body becomes a missile.
THis is so sad...two very young lives lost..
My heart goes out to their families.
Chuck

Charlottesville, VA

#6 May 24, 2013
What a waste. All because they were "too cool" to wear a seatbelt. RIP and prayers to the friend and family they left behind.
tanner burford

Winchester, VA

#8 May 24, 2013
thank you all for your support.
this is a tragedy that has effected our whole family. let this be a lesson to all, cherish those you love for tomorrow you may never see them again.
City Resident

Charlottesville, VA

#9 May 24, 2013
God in his tender mercy would wear his blessed seat belt.
fish 100

Charlottesville, VA

#10 May 24, 2013
Eaglescout1984 wrote:
"who were both not wearing their safety belts, died at the scene."
2 seconds that could save your life.
What about the air bags? When the dash comes past where you are setting belts or not, you are are gone!!
fish 100

Charlottesville, VA

#11 May 24, 2013
City Resident wrote:
God in his tender mercy would wear his blessed seat belt.
THEY wounted to see God!!!!
David

Gaithersburg, MD

#12 May 24, 2013
OK, First: I will be saying a prayer for the poor families of these two very young people, taken away to soon. Secondly:, I own a 2010 truck and a 2013 new car, and both will tell me over the SYNC Systems that belts are not hooked and a warning is displayed across the computer LED screen on the dash. And a buzzer will keep sounding until the belts are hooked. The car even knows if a person is sitting in any seat and if the belt is hooked.. Why do people, still not hook up after all the warning and stuff. I was born in the late 60's, I remember playing inside the back seat , front seat, hell, I remember I use to get up in the back window and lay there as my parents would drive anywhere, even was told I slept in the back window on a trip to Fla, in 1972. But then again , back then, a 1972 Ford LTD SE was a damn tank.. and people didn't worry about the seat belts, or air bags. But in todays world we do and times have changed. And we have all these new ways to stay safe and save our loved ones life.
Jane

Minneapolis, MN

#13 May 24, 2013
Think back folks...we were that young once. The chances we took, the crazy things we did. God bless their families. My prayers are with them.
Carol

Sperryville, VA

#14 May 24, 2013
Sending prayers to both families.
Aint dat sweet

Augusta, GA

#15 May 26, 2013
Idiots, not the kids, but the author, did you see the car, they were speeding and hit a tree, car was crushed, they were going to die either with or without a seatbelt, and yes I think we should wear them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 6 hr CZars_R_US 487
paige cook who got some of that horny girl at t... Aug 23 godspeedcops5 1
best doctor to go to for pain meds Aug 20 cdub 1
Who is Bringing in Illegal Immigrants ? Aug 17 so you know 4
my short view on trump Aug 17 so you know 3
Biggest White Privilaged Family in America The ... Aug 15 bluestreak returns 5
News Why Tim Kaine has already made history Aug 13 bluestreak returns 56
More from around the web