Special Election Day for Charlottesvi...

Special Election Day for Charlottesville's New Treasurer

There are 10 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Mar 30, 2013, titled Special Election Day for Charlottesville's New Treasurer. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

It's Election Day in Charlottesville as voters set out to choose the city's next treasurer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

RNR

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Apr 2, 2013
tell me again why we are having a special election? I wouldn't really care other than its costing 30K, so why is this?
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Apr 2, 2013
RNR wrote:
tell me again why we are having a special election? I wouldn't really care other than its costing 30K, so why is this?
someone just can't wait until Nov
RNR

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Apr 2, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
someone just can't wait until Nov
well then he should cough up the $$ to hold this special election, why should the city foot the bill?
Amanda

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Apr 2, 2013
If you don't want "business as usual" in Charlottesville, you'll vote for John Pfaltz. Jason Vandever is just another cog in the corrupt Democrat city machine.

Send a message that you're sick and tired of the way City Council and city Democrats bully Charlottesville citizens.
michael

Kents Store, VA

#5 Apr 2, 2013
Amanda wrote:
If you don't want "business as usual" in Charlottesville, you'll vote for John Pfaltz. Jason Vandever is just another cog in the corrupt Democrat city machine.
Send a message that you're sick and tired of the way City Council and city Democrats bully Charlottesville citizens.
There is a very good reason why Republicans don't win elections in Charlottesville: it's because the electorate is well educated here. Thank heaven for Obama and the Democratic renaissance in this country.

Since: Oct 12

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Apr 2, 2013
michael wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a very good reason why Republicans don't win elections in Charlottesville: it's because the electorate is well educated here. Thank heaven for Obama and the Democratic renaissance in this country.
Bwahahaha!! Oh, man! Thanks for the belly laugh. One slight correction though....

Read: "well educated" as "well indoctrinated" and your point is spot on.

"renaissance"??

Bwahahahaha!!

You slay me. Say something else....
CvilleMechEngr

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Apr 2, 2013
There was not a soul at the downtown precint when I went to vote after lunch - just the election officials and watchdogs. I guess that I get to decide who wins.
Central non Fidelis

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Apr 2, 2013
michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Please do tell how the entitlement crowd that's overrunning the budget is so very well educated. All they need to know is what button to punch for free food.

Renaissance? Plague! They'll also be coming for your money in this race to the bottom. Perhaps you enjoy Cypriot haircuts, but I worked too hard for what I EARNED to see it stolen.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Apr 2, 2013
CvilleMechEngr wrote:
There was not a soul at the downtown precint when I went to vote after lunch - just the election officials and watchdogs. I guess that I get to decide who wins.
you were an expensive vote :)
gee, I hope there's no voter ID fraud this time
I knew it

Staunton, VA

#10 Apr 2, 2013
Did I really hear John Pfaltz say that this position would be a nuisance and would take away from his retirement if elected? That's a pretty brash statement for someone running for public office but I would much rather have him over that skeevy looking other guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 23 hr Chicagoan by Birth 489
paige cook who got some of that horny girl at t... Aug 23 godspeedcops5 1
best doctor to go to for pain meds Aug 20 cdub 1
Who is Bringing in Illegal Immigrants ? Aug 17 so you know 4
my short view on trump Aug 17 so you know 3
Biggest White Privilaged Family in America The ... Aug 15 bluestreak returns 5
News Why Tim Kaine has already made history Aug 13 bluestreak returns 56
More from around the web