On The Look-out For Smoke Free Restau...

On The Look-out For Smoke Free Restaurants

There are 2 comments on the WUSA Washington, DC story from Jun 18, 2007, titled On The Look-out For Smoke Free Restaurants. In it, WUSA Washington, DC reports that:

Not too long ago, my family and I went searching for a restaurant for a Saturday night dinner and wound up at the Tequila Grand in Vienna.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA Washington, DC.

Pat T1

United States

#1 Jun 18, 2007
Ms. Fox:
I am sick and tried of everyone being against smokers. We are not second class citizens, we pay taxes on the cigarettes that we buy and many of us come from tobacco farming families. The last time I checked cigarettes are legal to buy and smoke. I am sorry but 70 years ago old folks did not die from cigarettes but it was from old age and I should know because my grandparents died from old age.
Instead of taking all of the restaurants and private clubs away from us give us the restaurants that wants to allow smoking and leave us alone. We want to be able to eat and drink and have a smoke in peace and quite without people harassing us. We are tax paying people who enjoys going out to dinner also.
If all of the no-smokeres are so much interested in banning smoking I am surprised that they are not going after the restaurants to become alcohol free. But I have to assume that it is alright to drink and then drive but a smoker has created the biggest sin on the fact of this earth.
Non-Smokers get a life also and leave the taxpaying smokers alone as we have rights as you do.
Piggy

Aylett, VA

#2 Sep 19, 2013
Smokers smell nasty

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Overton, judge who oversaw Iverson's trial, dies (Jan '08) Mon Pchq 37
News Miss Greater Richmond wins Miss Virginia Jun 26 Rb RECORDS 1
News Arizona says it has run out of drugs for execut... Jun 26 Paul P Tretiakoff 1
News Multiple fatalities reported in West Virginia f... Jun 24 Jvd!th 1
News newHillary Clinton's VP search moves into more ... Jun 21 WeTheSheeple 5
White Male Privilege Jun 11 The Dog 1
News Police: Robbery suspect chopped with cleaver at... Jun 10 Knock off purse s... 4
More from around the web