Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Va. parade

May 18, 2013 Full story: WTVG-TV Toledo 7

Witnesses in southwestern Virginia say a car has driven into a crowd at a festival parade.

Full Story
Mary Peg Imboden

Wellington, OH

#1 May 19, 2013
Some day, when you least expect it, find it unwelcome, inconvenient and perhaps, shedding a negative image on you or those close to you, those individuals who chose to post negative, deriding comments regarding the elderly gentleman at the wheel of the automobile today may find themselves in a situation which will allow them to reflect on how inappropriate their posted remarks were. The residents of Damascus are welcoming and respectful. You should be as well.
Oh my

Richmond, VA

#2 May 19, 2013
Mary Peg Imboden wrote:
Some day, when you least expect it, find it unwelcome, inconvenient and perhaps, shedding a negative image on you or those close to you, those individuals who chose to post negative, deriding comments regarding the elderly gentleman at the wheel of the automobile today may find themselves in a situation which will allow them to reflect on how inappropriate their posted remarks were. The residents of Damascus are welcoming and respectful. You should be as well.
http://youtu.be/kArgQz1RKmk
D-town

Bristol, VA

#3 May 19, 2013
Ms. Imboden:

Let's wait and see. If he shouldn't have been driving, especially in a parade, then this SHOULDN'T have happened. Don't automatically assume that people are age-bashing. I'd rather that people not get hurt than someone feel discriminated against because of age or condition. One hurt feeling vs. 60 hurt bodies - some possibly for life. Not even a comparison for rational, reasonable people. Question where you fall.

Only God prevented deaths. Apparently there is ample evidence that he shouldn't have been there.

Here's an idea. Let's don't be so respectful and welcoming to people who's conditions make them apt to hurt other people. In that case, Damascus may seem less welcoming, but would be safer.
D-town

Bristol, VA

#4 May 19, 2013
Ms. Imboden - there's a history here that suggests he shouldn't have been driving at all. Sudden Medical Emergency is only a defense if there is ABSOLUTELY NO reason to believe that it would happen. Heart attack, yes. Diabetic Blood Sugar fall, NO. Driving when you know those things could happen CAN make you liable for felony criminal charges. You are being VERY naive.
Vishnu

Johnson City, TN

#5 May 19, 2013
D-town wrote:
Ms. Imboden:
Let's wait and see. If he shouldn't have been driving, especially in a parade, then this SHOULDN'T have happened. Don't automatically assume that people are age-bashing. I'd rather that people not get hurt than someone feel discriminated against because of age or condition. One hurt feeling vs. 60 hurt bodies - some possibly for life. Not even a comparison for rational, reasonable people. Question where you fall.
Only God prevented deaths. Apparently there is ample evidence that he shouldn't have been there.
Here's an idea. Let's don't be so respectful and welcoming to people who's conditions make them apt to hurt other people. In that case, Damascus may seem less welcoming, but would be safer.
There is no God to prevent or cause death. Not even a comparison for rational, reasonable people. We should welcome all people. There is no, nor should there be, a litmus test to be in the parade!
Bob

Johnson City, TN

#6 Jun 8, 2013
I think the Dam police are hiding something about the driver. What kind of sudden medical condition could have happened that can't be named? How could that "sudden" medical condition allow the man to drive through three parking lots and around an ambulance? More Dam police cover up.
Witness

Abingdon, VA

#7 Jun 9, 2013
This elderly gentleme had a TIA. A mini Stroke, and what would th Dam PD cover up. Hey stupid, remember the state police and Abingdon Police and bristol va cars where there too. I guess in your eyes they r all dirty. Get a job butt hole

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring discusse... Sep 15 Evilgelicalling 15
Va. voters agree with McDonnells' guilty verdic... Sep 14 Constitutional_Reset 4
VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Sep 13 Tony 1,358
Environmental Groups Join Forces to Oppose Pipe... Sep 11 pierre 1
Heaven Sep 9 TaterTot 1
Virginia ex-governor, wife found guilty in corr... Sep 7 Constitutional_Reset 7
Bob McDonnell: Mitt Romney will win Virginia (Apr '12) Sep 4 Swedenforever 8
•••

Virginia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••