Delegate's Son Charged with Possession of Marijuana

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

According to court records, Carter Adkins Cox was pulled over for having an expired license plate.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of47
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
HOLLYCOW

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Too Bad

Holy COW , what do you people do in cali lol. Or is that photo shopped ...the shadows look like its real but ...looks fishy.

No wonder Va wont legalize it ... we would starve because every farmer in the valley would give up the cheap crops .
Grammar counts

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

WhoCares wrote:
He was disoriented after the election. He thought he was in Boulder. A good defense might involve a subpoena for Osbama to come to the rescue as an expert witness for the defense. Charlottesville City council will gladly lend its' support and host a catered retreat with our brother county Humboldt, California. All are invited. Free Cheech And Chong t-shirts for the first 50 attendees.
its not its'
Council not council
Obama not Osbama
and not And
Harry

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

“It is not only [the juror's] right, but his duty … to find the verdict according to his own best understanding, judgment, and conscience, though in direct opposition to the direction of the court.”—John Adams

Juries have the power to judge the facts and the law. If the law is a bad one, like marijuana prohibition, vote Not Guilty to acquit. We are attempting to change the bad marijuana laws.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
Thomas Jefferson.
Share this!
The Truth

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Thank God he wasn't drinking! That would be 1000x times worse, if not more. People need to get real about effects of drugs, include prescription meds. A horse of another color.
SuzyQ

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Waste wrote:
What a waste of time, I agree legalize it.... if someone/people would just do some real reseach they will find that pot is not really a major problem nor does it lead to stronger drugs. I know people that are in the late 50's- yes old hippies- responsiable, would not harm a soul, law abiding (except for smoking) and one would not know that they smoke....
this is not the 60's and back in the Nixon period no one really looked in any side effects, just
pushed more booze, liquior- so instead of having
relaxed people, we have drunks.... easier for our
politicians to sit around drinking wine, beer,

scotch, etc.... then smoking...... guessing this is
why it is not legal yet.
I agree. There's too many "Old Fogies" in Congress. If this young man gets a slap on the hand, then every person that has a possesion of pot in Va should get it off their record.
Hes guilty

Prospect, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Just because he's the son of somebody in government you hippie bastards are saying that he's innocent. He's GUILTY!! There's not another way of looking at it. The guy was caught with weed, fair and square, and he's guilty. I'm sure the conspiracy theorists will say that the cops planted it there and that they're to blame, but they're not. He's guilty. He should be found guilty in court.
Paranoid Are We

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Hes guilty wrote:
Just because he's the son of somebody in government you hippie bastards are saying that he's innocent. He's GUILTY!! There's not another way of looking at it. The guy was caught with weed, fair and square, and he's guilty. I'm sure the conspiracy theorists will say that the cops planted it there and that they're to blame, but they're not. He's guilty. He should be found guilty in court.
Who are you arguing with? The real point should be, who was he endangering? Was he high and driving? Did he hit & run like people do when they drink legal liquor?

Carrying an organic plant gets you in trouble? Really???
JCS

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Why no pictures of Delegate Cox's son in the Mug Shots portion of the NBC 29 homepage? NBC 29, please be fair to all criminals. We see how you protect this one or that one!
JCS

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Hes guilty wrote:
Let's wait until the evidence is presented before going ahead to say he is guilty!
trouble

Rustburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

JCS wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's wait until the evidence is presented before going ahead to say he is guilty!
Lets just forget about it, really 29 news doesnt report a simple pot bust on there own kids or themselves
Dude

Montpelier, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

trouble wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets just forget about it, really 29 news doesnt report a simple pot bust on there own kids or themselves
There you go, now you've gone and done it, grammar nazi is going to fined your post and they're going to critize you. It's their job, you know.
Dude

Montpelier, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

*find*
trouble

Rustburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Dude wrote:
<quoted text>There you go, now you've gone and done it, grammar nazi is going to fined your post and they're going to critize you. It's their job, you know.
lol, cant help but think its one of my old teachers somehow still alive haunting me
emmie

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

It should be legalized anyway so who cares.

Not to mention colonial heights cops have nothing better to do than ticket and search kids for marijuana. It happens all the time.
WhoCares

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Eric Cartman wrote:
<quoted text>
You are suffering from a closet version classic case of too much caulk in the mouth. I bet you love FISH STICKS! The best remedy is for you to wash your mouth out with a 12 gauge Mossberg.
Whats the matter Eric, you can't deal with the truth? Sounds like a case of sensory overload for the stupid. Get a grip on present day reality.
WhoCares

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Grammar counts wrote:
<quoted text>
its not its'
Council not council
Obama not Osbama
and not And
Aren't we a bit anal? You had better check your left toenail. It might be longer than the right. Let us all know. Check some other measurements, too.
Pebbles Trippet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

When drafted kids of politicians began coming back in body bags from the war in Vietnam, things began to change. Likewise now with weed among singers, football players, talk show hosts, celebrities in general. I just watched a snippet of a game show where the question was: "What gets passed around?"
Answer #1 A joint.
Answer #2 A collection plate at church.
Both were correct.
Rev R L Swartz

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Simplest way to get rid of a bad law is to rigorously enforce it.
Dude

Montpelier, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Rev R L Swartz wrote:
Simplest way to get rid of a bad law is to rigorously enforce it.
I agree with you, in that it is a bad law, but the problem with the methodology that you suggest is that it costs (tens if not hundreds of) thousands of otherwise would be legal citizens their liberty and futures, while costing tax payers billions.
no respect for the law

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Thank You, Malcolm and Harry, but the reality is most people coming before the court system can't afford a meaningful defense and the cost of a jury trial so they must accept the extortion of "community service" and "rehabilitation counseling" at their own expense. The point that I want to make is this, people who have a G__ D______ U;S. flag on their uniform are not a threat to my freedom, they are an assault against my freedom. From what I see, decent people don't become pigs(still targeting minorities) and only closet cases and losers join the U.S. military (what else would join a military that starts wars with mud people and then loose?). I celebrate the destruction of these individuals, and you would never know it by looking at me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of47
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••