Augusta County Deputy in Hospital After Crash

An Augusta County Sheriff's deputy is in the hospital Saturday after flipping his cruiser while responding to an emergency call. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just askin

Waynesboro, VA

#1 Jan 5, 2013
Isn't he the one that hit the guy on the moped near Fisherville a few years back--maybe not.
Thankful for our Deputies

Waynesboro, VA

#2 Jan 5, 2013
Really? Have you been reading any of the reports? He is in "serious but stable condition" how about you pray for him rather then ask questions!
Dakota

Waynesboro, VA

#3 Jan 6, 2013
Just askin wrote:
Isn't he the one that hit the guy on the moped near Fisherville a few years back--maybe not.
Odd that you word your statement that way.. but keep in mind Augusta County has had at least 3 "sholes" with the Dept ,and one worked for the VSP , the first names starting with 'J" are common among them .
You should not have to hear it from me ...KEN SLACK from NBC29 can fill you in on the details... I have cut him "slack" online for a min of 18 years :). I am still waiting on a nice story from 29 to help the Dashad Smith family, I will see how that goes..
we will see, if may have to start telling old stories on Ken and see if Ken wants to challenge my memory :)
I am gonna start my stories on that dirt road he walked down to catch the bus... I don't know where they will stop , maybe one from down by Mrs Englemans house.
Friend

Monroe, VA

#4 Jan 6, 2013
Dakota wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd that you word your statement that way.. but keep in mind Augusta County has had at least 3 "sholes" with the Dept ,and one worked for the VSP , the first names starting with 'J" are common among them .
You should not have to hear it from me ...KEN SLACK from NBC29 can fill you in on the details... I have cut him "slack" online for a min of 18 years :). I am still waiting on a nice story from 29 to help the Dashad Smith family, I will see how that goes..
we will see, if may have to start telling old stories on Ken and see if Ken wants to challenge my memory :)
I am gonna start my stories on that dirt road he walked down to catch the bus... I don't know where they will stop , maybe one from down by Mrs Englemans house.
Hi Jamie!!!!
Just askin

Waynesboro, VA

#5 Jan 6, 2013
Like i stated it may not have been him---do hope for a speedy recovery for him though.
jogger

Brookneal, VA

#6 Jan 6, 2013
At the very least this clown needs to be charged with reckless driving, and maybe destruction of government property and fired from his job ......speeding and in a hurry to get to a fight....no wonder cops have such a bad reputation...........thank goodness he didn't injure some innocent person......
Bubba

Waynesboro, VA

#7 Jan 6, 2013
Dakota wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Mrs. Engleman a teacher at Fishersville Elem. school?
Lone Justice

Waynesboro, VA

#8 Jan 6, 2013
jogger wrote:
At the very least this clown needs to be charged with reckless driving, and maybe destruction of government property and fired from his job ......speeding and in a hurry to get to a fight....no wonder cops have such a bad reputation..........thank goodness he didn't injure some innocent person......
It seems lately fights turn out to shootings. Shootings turn out to someone getting shot. Someone getting shot turns out someone DIES.
Dakota

Waynesboro, VA

#9 Jan 6, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Was Mrs. Engleman a teacher at Fishersville Elem. school?
I have no idea about "fishersville", I knew the elder Mrs Engleman, sweetest lady on Wayne ave :)..

But yes, one of those Engleman ladies was a school teacher. There were a couple Englemans in that area.

Dakota

Waynesboro, VA

#10 Jan 6, 2013
jogger wrote:
At the very least this clown needs to be charged with reckless driving, and maybe destruction of government property and fired from his job ......speeding and in a hurry to get to a fight....no wonder cops have such a bad reputation..........thank goodness he didn't injure some innocent person......
What if the Officer was swerving to avoid an animal , person or another car ???
I bet the people who called was in a hurry for him to get their .
Dakota

Waynesboro, VA

#11 Jan 6, 2013
Friend wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Jamie!!!!
Way tooo old school :)
Since your pinging out of Staunton ,do You remember a J. Birtch or Burtch.. from that Area....???
Friend

Penn Laird, VA

#12 Jan 6, 2013
Dakota wrote:
<quoted text>
Way tooo old school :)
Since your pinging out of Staunton ,do You remember a J. Birtch or Burtch.. from that Area....???
Don't remember or know any Birtch or Burtch. I don't live in or near Staunton. Sometimes this site lists me as Staunton and sometimes Bedford, which I have never even been to in my life.
Whatever

Palmyra, VA

#13 Jan 6, 2013
jogger wrote:
Typical post here from a punka$$. Go jog in front of a car and maybe it will be the deputy driving. Pathetic poster and coward!
Seriously

Staunton, VA

#14 Jan 6, 2013
jogger wrote:
Really??? At the very least YOU should hope that you never call for police help and need them to get there quickly. If you know the area, where he wreckted is a spot that there are always wrecks due to the road, not the drivers. Sholes was doing his job and responded per protocol. Maybe you should jog out of front of a car and let what happens happen.
Rusty

Edinburg, VA

#15 Jan 6, 2013
jogger wrote:
Please cite the specific code section regarding destruction of public property.

You will find it does not exist, even if it did there has to be malicious intent. The only malicious intent around here is you. Time to jog back to Northern Virginia where your way of thinking is acceptable.
SDHS88Kim

New York, NY

#16 Jan 6, 2013
Friend wrote:
<quoted text>Don't remember or know any Birtch or Burtch. I don't live in or near Staunton. Sometimes this site lists me as Staunton and sometimes Bedford, which I have never even been to in my life.
Just pretend like you do .

Dakota has been one of the most elusive members of the online crowd in the valley for years, rather the open book as of late. He has Long been missed at the Staunton News Leader, he was always the entertaining one.

I also originate from the area being mentioned, I trust Big D will not get overly vivid with details, I have some funnies to share also. I would start with the story when D left the fuel cap off the car at the old Highs Ice Cream, what a disaster that was at the time, hilarious looking back from the safety of the present.
Thankful for our Deputies

Waynesboro, VA

#17 Jan 6, 2013
NBC needs to get their facts straight. If you look at the pictures of the car, that car was never flipped.
Friend

Penn Laird, VA

#18 Jan 6, 2013
SDHS88Kim wrote:
<quoted text>
Just pretend like you do .
Dakota has been one of the most elusive members of the online crowd in the valley for years, rather the open book as of late. He has Long been missed at the Staunton News Leader, he was always the entertaining one.
I also originate from the area being mentioned, I trust Big D will not get overly vivid with details, I have some funnies to share also. I would start with the story when D left the fuel cap off the car at the old Highs Ice Cream, what a disaster that was at the time, hilarious looking back from the safety of the present.
I don't have to pretend anything with Dakota--I know exactly who he is but I'm not sure he is for sure who I am. I miss him on the News Leader, also, but I quit posting on there about a year ago.

As for Tall Tales from the Draft in the 80's, I am privy to most of them and can provide some vivid details of my own. Might be fun. I even have pictures!!!
fish 100

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Jan 6, 2013
Dakota wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the Officer was swerving to avoid an animal , person or another car ???
I bet the people who called was in a hurry for him to get their .
Did he get (There)at all????
Dakota

Waynesboro, VA

#20 Jan 7, 2013
fish 100 wrote:
<quoted text>Did he get (There)at all????
Umm , no ? he was close before the accident. But we have TONS of back-up for when things like this happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 5 hr gwsbadass 1,360
With suspect back in Virginia, search team with... Sun vabrowneyes 2
I hate all teenagers (Dec '08) Sun Macdog76 816
Suspect charged in case of missing UVa student Sep 24 ale 1
GSA takes the FBI headquarters search on the ro... Sep 23 JB Smith 1
Va. voters agree with McDonnells' guilty verdic... Sep 23 Constitutional_Reset 5
'Nashville Star' show to hold casting call -- V... (Apr '08) Sep 19 ghostlady 8

Virginia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE