Cville Council Hears Suggestions for Improving Farmers Market

Thursday night, City Council met with a group that has been working for months on ways to improve the Charlottesville City Market. Full Story
TRUTH

Collinsville, VA

#1 Jul 18, 2013
How about total ban on GMO bee killing cancer to human giving prodocts
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jul 19, 2013
How about some reasonably priced produce?
jogger

Hillsville, VA

#3 Jul 19, 2013
shut it down it's time has come and gone.......
BobH

Midlothian, VA

#4 Jul 19, 2013
The Market could be placed on the top floor of the Water Street Parking Garage and have parking too. What a plan!!!
Fred Sandford

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jul 19, 2013
if it aint broke, dont fix it, ya dummies
Michael Clark

Front Royal, VA

#6 Jul 19, 2013
This was not improvement to the market, it was a determination by Market Ventures that the current location is too valuable for development to be used as a permanent home for the market as was previously recommended by the Council's Task Force of 2011. Market Ventures was hired to study the recommendation. The relocation to Garret along the railroad was a fall back scenario 2 with some difficulties which lacks full support. Even council members wished there was a way to keep the market in the 2 lots on Water Street - but were swayed by the economic cost and the lack of CPC support. Presentation of the 2 Water street lots as a preserved Green Space and as a tourism offset to the loss of development value was not presented, nor was an approach of closing West Main Street which had some Fire and Safety concerns.
Jesse K

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jul 19, 2013
Number One!
Fire that do nothing "market master" Stephanie whatever her name is, and Second, promote Lucy who does all the work.
Ask anyone at the market who runs the place and they'll say, "talk to Lucy", while Stephanie is constantly saying, "I'm Lucy's boss, I'm Lucy's boss!"
Seriously, the only thing Stephanie masters is her ability to stuff her face with free stuff from all the vendors.
Out with the trash I say!
Mike

Wirtz, VA

#9 Jul 20, 2013
BobH wrote:
The Market could be placed on the top floor of the Water Street Parking Garage and have parking too. What a plan!!!
That is the slowest elevator ever and it holds like 5 people. Aint gonna happen, plus a lot of the Vendor's vehicles are too tall and there is no way all that stuff can use the elevator.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Jul 21, 2013
Michael Clark wrote:
Presentation of the 2 Water street lots as a preserved Green Space and as a tourism offset to the loss of development value was not presented
That would be a great idea. Having some shade trees there, with some areas of grass, tables, along with parking spaces would be fab.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
annette marion bipolar mania 15 hr PSYCO ANNETTE 1
suicide annette marion mentally ill 27 sept 07 15 hr PSYCO ANNETTE 1
hostility of the group and annette marion schiz... 15 hr PSYCO ANNETTE 1
personality disorders of annette marion and suz... 15 hr ANNETTE kleptomania 1
delusional issues of annette marion jealousy o... 15 hr ANNETTE kleptomania 3
ANNETTE MARION MENTAL ILLNESS kleptomania symptoms 15 hr ANNETTE kleptomania 1
annette MARION COST TOTAL 2 PLOTS YVETTE OWNS 3... Tue DEMONIC ANNETTE 1
More from around the web