Mary Baldwin Celebrates Islam Awarene...

Mary Baldwin Celebrates Islam Awareness Week

There are 130 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jan 23, 2013, titled Mary Baldwin Celebrates Islam Awareness Week. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

It's Islam Awareness Week at a Staunton College. A Pakistani woman traveled thousands of miles to clear up misconceptions about the religion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Dude

Bumpass, VA

#22 Jan 25, 2013
Eaglescout1984 wrote:
So what about those who don't become terrorist, but disfigure, abuse and murder women who dare stand up for themselves because the local Imanm told them that is what's required? Are they still Muslims?
Or what about the treatment of those who decide to leave the Islamic faith?
"The majority of Muslim scholars hold to the traditional view that apostasy is punishable by death or imprisonment until repentance, at least for adult men of sound mind."
Should those scholars really be considered Muslim?
Yep, that's the peaceful, loving religion of Islam.
I think that it's a valid point, but I also believe that there are many other religions that at a time in history have been equally as guilty of disgusting violence. Let's face it, bad people will use any tool at their disposal to do bad things.
The Jewish Haredi are equally as repressive to women as the Islamic sufists.
If you truly want to be repulsed by Islam, look up 'Mufa'khathat'
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#23 Jan 25, 2013
Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry dude, if she says Islam is peaceful, she is not following the tennants of Islam. On the other hand it is okay for them to lie and be deceitful. Read the Koran and see how peaceful it is. Read some of the history of may I suggest, "Tea for Terrorists." I am a christian and when Jesus was being tortured and had to carry the cross, did not preach hate of His persecutors, He was doing what God had sent Him to do, being a light unto salvation. Don't see that happening in Islam.
I've read some of the Quran, and for the most part, it is peaceful. It's not until the last sura that it becomes violent, and there is even some debate as to it being the word of Muhammad. Regardless, it wouldn't be the first time that religious text has been used to oppress and interpreted to destroy.
My intent wasn't to defend Islam, or any other religion, it was to defend the meaning of the statement. I don't need to question Muhammad's divinity, or a religion that defends Mufakhazat Alzigaar to know that it's not for me, though, and I bet you suspect; I'm not very religious. It's just that I like to point out, like Jesus says in Matthew 7:3, that we ought to recognize our own short comings before we point out those of others.
BTW, Muhammad spoke positively about Jesus, and was taken in by the Coptics. He even commands that they are not to be touched.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#24 Jan 25, 2013
The Crusades come to mind. The books are irrelevant. The Bible, the Koran, they all preach intolerance, fear and guilt, thank goodness the Bible didn't offer 62 virgins. In both cases the ignorant masses were, and are manipulated by clergy to carry out a cleansing in the name of righteousness. Playing on an ignorant mans ego is a simple task, has happened throughout history, sometimes under the guise of religion, sometimes under the quest for nation building, either way the innocent pay with their lives. Give a man an AK47 and he's a king. Give a man a Bible or Koran and he's a God, whether he can read it or not. During the Crusades no one owned a Bible, hadn't been printed yet, now everyone has one but a page is never turned.
Reality

Charlottesville, VA

#25 Jan 25, 2013
Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry dude, if she says Islam is peaceful, she is not following the tennants of Islam. On the other hand it is okay for them to lie and be deceitful. Read the Koran and see how peaceful it is. Read some of the history of may I suggest, "Tea for Terrorists." I am a christian and when Jesus was being tortured and had to carry the cross, did not preach hate of His persecutors, He was doing what God had sent Him to do, being a light unto salvation. Don't see that happening in Islam.
LOL. Ever hear of a little something called "The Old Testament"? Maybe you should read that and see how peaceful Christianity is. Face it folks, religion is for suckers.
kidrocky

Louisa, VA

#26 Jan 25, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Ever hear of a little something called "The Old Testament"? Maybe you should read that and see how peaceful Christianity is. Face it folks, religion is for suckers.
You are correct but at least most religions have been evolving as we have evolved.(if you can call it that)
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#27 Jan 25, 2013
kidrocky wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct but at least most religions have been evolving as we have evolved.(if you can call it that)
Islam is 600 years younger; Christianity in the 1400s wasn't necessarily the kindest of religions.
JCS

Charlottesville, VA

#28 Jan 25, 2013
Muslims are obligated to lie to the Zionist pigs. It is part of their religious upbringing to lie to us in order to get into our system and change it. They want a caliphate here and they want to institute Sharia law. You Americans who are sleeping better wake up!

I have no desire to be aware of this religion nor any concepts that the Muslims can use as they lie about this and that. Take is back to Pakistan!
ActionJackson

Bassett, VA

#29 Jan 25, 2013
Ahhhh..ISLAM..the religion of peace or is that "piece" because if you are non-believer then BOOM! a piece of you here & a piece of you there! The majority of terrorists align themselves with ISLAMIC thought!
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#30 Jan 25, 2013
Amazing how people will align themselves with a whole host of beliefs, cults and idiums to justify killing their fellow man. Just excuses.
EM Buckles

Martinsville, VA

#31 Jan 25, 2013
Lynchburger wrote:
Mary Baldwin hounded my daughter when she was a high school senior although she had never shown an interest in the school. Emails, phone calls, catalogs ad nauseum. It really became a joke in our house -- what will then send this week? We knew we were not interested but this really confirms we made the right choice by dumping all materials in the trash can.
I agree that you were correct in dumping the Mary Baldwin College materials in the trash can. They have become a sort of glop of liberal stew. I would NEVER send my daughter there!
YdueEye

Buckingham, VA

#33 Jan 26, 2013
What I have read in their holy book commands believers to Jihad against unbelievers. Anyone who does not Jihad, but is physically capable, is commanded to be put to death. Their Holy book also says to “live at peace” with the enemy, infidel or unbeliever in the unbeliever's lands until you become more numerous than they, then present your religion to the unbeliever and if the unbeliever refuses to accept the religion you are to kill them.
Oh, don't let me forget Sharia law where women and any non-believer are treated as dogs.
What about Taqiyya? Taqiyya or deceitfulness is permitted mostly toward unbelievers, enemies and or infidels if it promotes conciliation to benefit their religion.
If anyone wants to read more on how this deception is currently taking place against the western world, please search “Muslim Brotherhood Manifesto”. This document was seized in a raid in Switzerland.

This Arabic and English copy comes from the Blaze dot com

http://ncrenegade.com/editorial/the-project-h...

And known as “the Project”

http://www.glennbeck.com/publish/uploads/2012...

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#34 Jan 26, 2013
YdueEye wrote:
What I have read in their holy book commands believers to Jihad against unbelievers. Anyone who does not Jihad, but is physically capable, is commanded to be put to death. Their Holy book also says to “live at peace” with the enemy, infidel or unbeliever in the unbeliever's lands until you become more numerous than they, then present your religion to the unbeliever and if the unbeliever refuses to accept the religion you are to kill them.
Oh, don't let me forget Sharia law where women and any non-believer are treated as dogs.
What about Taqiyya? Taqiyya or deceitfulness is permitted mostly toward unbelievers, enemies and or infidels if it promotes conciliation to benefit their religion.
If anyone wants to read more on how this deception is currently taking place against the western world, please search “Muslim Brotherhood Manifesto”. This document was seized in a raid in Switzerland.
This Arabic and English copy comes from the Blaze dot com
http://ncrenegade.com/editorial/the-project-h...
And known as “the Project”
http://www.glennbeck.com/publish/uploads/2012...
"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King Jr.
That sounds familiar... hmmmm

The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open.
~Hosea 13:16

Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.
~1 Samuel 15:3

Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us. He who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.
~Psalms 137:8-9

The Freedom agenda gave rise to the Muslim Brotherhood, and until recently, was supported by the WINEP, before it was against it.(a conservative think tank on middle eastern affairs that affects the US' foreign policy.)
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#35 Jan 26, 2013
They built a brand new Islamic "community center" on Pine St here in Cville. 3 stories tall facing towards Mecca. I befriended the construction super while it was going up. He told all sorts of stories about problems with the construction. One being that the owners did not have the money to afford an elevator that code required because its 3 stories tall. No eleator, no permit of occupancy. The building is still being used every day, regardless.
YdueEye

Buckingham, VA

#36 Jan 26, 2013
Dont forget.....

If evil is repaid with evil; evil will never leave your house and,

love your enemy and pray for those who use you.
YdueEye

Buckingham, VA

#37 Jan 26, 2013
Islam and Sharia law is not compatible with Democracy. Every corner of the globe, including the United States where Islam becomes dominant necessitates Sharia. We are seeing demands in for Sharia or sharia compliant Courts those US cities with high Muslim populations.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#38 Jan 26, 2013
YdueEye wrote:
Islam and Sharia law is not compatible with Democracy. Every corner of the globe, including the United States where Islam becomes dominant necessitates Sharia. We are seeing demands in for Sharia or sharia compliant Courts those US cities with high Muslim populations.
Christianity ain't far behind.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#39 Jan 26, 2013
YdueEye wrote:
No religious law is compatible with democracy of different religions and cultures. People actually argue that the Christian God is not the same Abrahamic God as the Islamic God. Of course, there are very few democracies out there, most of them small communals. Those courts in the US are not compulsory.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#40 Jan 26, 2013
sez you wrote:
<quoted text>Christianity ain't far behind.
Actually, it's 600 years ahead.
YdueEye

Buckingham, VA

#41 Jan 26, 2013
http://technorati.com/politics/article/no-go-...

“‘No-go’ zones are for everyone that is not Muslim are springing up all over Europe at alarming rates.

Many neighborhoods hang signs that say "You are entering a Sharia controlled zone: Islamic rules enforced……"

“…In France, there are approximately 750 'no-go' zones for French police. In some neighborhoods, Muslim citizens close off streets and sidewalks on their own authority for Friday prayers, which prevents residents who are not Muslim from entering or leaving the area………”

“Many French citizens have deemed this as 'occupation without tanks or soldiers' but French police have refused to intervene in fear of riots."
In Brussels, Belgium, police patrol areas in two squad cars: the first to patrol and the second to protect the patrol car. Police have been targets for aggression and are afraid to go on regular patrols. They have also been told not to eat or drink in public during Ramadan, in order to not cause a public disturbance and further target themselves…”

"Not to further target yourself" hmmm...

Telling people, especially non-believers not to eat or drink during Ramadan does not sound tolerant or conformist to me. Here in the states they want their freedoms but want other’s freedoms limited. Same thing if you go abroad, most locations it is illegal to have a bible or speak of any other god but their god.
YdueEye

Buckingham, VA

#42 Jan 26, 2013
Sharia is coming to the United States of America if we do not stand against this. Muslims are using politically correct laws to silence the opposition to the requirement to mandatory spreading of Islam within their faith. Read the Manifesto of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the rotten pitiful naacp is,not allowed on scv ... Jul 30 rebel111 1
katie hopkins is a felonist (cpms osd mil annet... Jul 28 SAINT YVETTE 1
News Virginia for the Win: Can Terry McAuliffe save ... Jul 28 Phil 1
News Henrico teen to be tried as an adult (May '07) Jul 28 Anon 4
News Virginia questions a 4-lane legacy as road name... Jul 25 Ecossias 3
southern business should not allow naacp on the... Jul 22 rebel111 1
does virginia still have the right to seceded f... Jul 21 rebel111 1
More from around the web