Virginia's 2013 Equality Battlefield

Sep 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

Many in Virginia's LGBT community are steeling themselves ahead of what they expect to be brutal fall campaigns, the outcomes of which could deeply impact how LGBT residents are treated by state government.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of66
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 08

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

As long as people keep electing bigots, er, Republicans....
Tom

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Its unbelievable that a state that was a cornerstone of freedom has turned out to be so bigoted. But I guess I should expect this with so many followers of the Tea Party/GOP BS, they could do nothing else. They have changed the tourist logo from "Virginia is for Lovers" to "Virginia is for BIGOTS".

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Tom wrote:
Its unbelievable that a state that was a cornerstone of freedom has turned out to be so bigoted. But I guess I should expect this with so many followers of the Tea Party/GOP BS, they could do nothing else. They have changed the tourist logo from "Virginia is for Lovers" to "Virginia is for BIGOTS".
So what symbol did they replace their little red heart with?

A white hood perhaps?

Love to see that on their license plates!

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Don't forget the next generation "Loving v Virginia" is pending in federal court.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Virginia wore butternut during the Great Treason.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Why is someone labeled a "bigot" if they support traditional marriage, but not a bigot if they oppose a nudist's "right" to jog naked in public?

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
Why is someone labeled a "bigot" if they support traditional marriage, but not a bigot if they oppose a nudist's "right" to jog naked in public?
No, you're a bigot either way.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're a bigot either way.
So you want to infringe on my "right" to be naked in public? You're a bigot! Being naked is a God given right. We were brought into this world naked until society forced us all to conform to it's unfair clothing standards.

If being naked offends you, then stay clothed. If my nudity offends you, don't look. If I walk into a bakery buck naked to have a cake made and I get kicked out, I'll sue the owner for discrimination. I'll have parades with all of my naked friends, waving flags with phallic symbols on them, throwing my nudity in everybody's face. If the owner of a restaurant chain is of the opinion that being clothed is preferred to walking around naked, I'll storm the establishment with all of my naked supporters and demand a boycott of any organization that doesn't agree with my viewpoint.

Being naked in public is the new normal. Either get used to it, or join the rest of the haters in the stagnant, swirling backwater of bigotry.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>So you want to infringe on my "right" to be naked in public? You're a bigot! Being naked is a God given right. We were brought into this world naked until society forced us all to conform to it's unfair clothing standards.
If being naked offends you, then stay clothed. If my nudity offends you, don't look.....
What does your love of public nudity have to do with marriage law? Are you trying to say that anyone, gay or straight, who wants to marry or is married should also believe in public nudity?

That's a strange stance.

I'm sure it has cost you friends, and employment.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
Who doesn't support "traditional marriage"? I don't know a single gay person who doesn't support straight folks having the right to legally marry.

The problem starts when some of those straight people want to deny that same right to gay people, for no rational reason, other than religion or animus..

Those just aren't good reasons to harm others.

Now, I have never seen marriage compared to nudity. How does that work? Are you saying that married gay people flaunt their happily married lives in the same way that you might flap your naked private parts in public?

Like I said - that's a strange notion.

And a bit creepy. I think you need a different and more logical comparison, since I suspect that straight married couples would feel the same way about your desire to be naked in public.
Jake

Fulshear, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>So you want to infringe on my "right" to be naked in public? You're a bigot! Being naked is a God given right. We were brought into this world naked until society forced us all to conform to it's unfair clothing standards.
If being naked offends you, then stay clothed. If my nudity offends you, don't look. If I walk into a bakery buck naked to have a cake made and I get kicked out, I'll sue the owner for discrimination. I'll have parades with all of my naked friends, waving flags with phallic symbols on them, throwing my nudity in everybody's face. If the owner of a restaurant chain is of the opinion that being clothed is preferred to walking around naked, I'll storm the establishment with all of my naked supporters and demand a boycott of any organization that doesn't agree with my viewpoint.
Being naked in public is the new normal. Either get used to it, or join the rest of the haters in the stagnant, swirling backwater of bigotry.
Great analogy! Spot on!
Jake

Fulshear, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
What does your love of public nudity have to do with marriage law? Are you trying to say that anyone, gay or straight, who wants to marry or is married should also believe in public nudity?
That's a strange stance.
I'm sure it has cost you friends, and employment.
He's using an analogy to point out the absurdity of the homosexual movement.

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
Why don't you use a DICTIONARY and find out. Why are bigots so often intellectually challenged?

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
He's using an analogy to point out the absurdity of the homosexual movement.
He didn't succeed. And that "movement" you worry about is simply equal treatment under the law.

It's an American movement, and it's been going on a long time, and is certain to continue.

I will never understand the mindset that leads one to complain when others want for themselves and their families, the same things you demand and receive for you and yours.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
You obviously misunderstood my statement.

You're a bigot if you oppose marriage for same-sex couples, and you're a bigot if you oppose people's right to be nude.

Let 'em swing dude.....

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
In my hometown it was decided decades ago that if men can show their nipples, equality dictates that females have the same freedom. Sadly, those that avail themselves of that freedom are those one frequently wishes hadn't.

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Florida Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
Check this out: What do queers have a mental illness?
My God! Another example of nonsense from the mentally challenged right. Are you really that stupid? Apparently... even if you finally spelled Florida correctly.
Florida Gator

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Dubya wrote:
<quoted text>My God! Another example of nonsense from the mentally challenged right. Are you really that stupid? Apparently... even if you finally spelled Florida correctly.
Roflmao shows just how mentally ill you d!ck l!ckers really are. The incorrect spelling was intentional to see just how many of you freaks would catch it. No one did for a day and a half. I left it that way the whole weekend and ONLY 3 caught it. One only because the person posted it in front of him. Not take your mental illness and go get some help.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Florida Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
Roflmao shows just how mentally ill you ......
Why are you obsessed with oral sex? This topic is MARRIAGE, you know. You seem to be the only one fantasizing about men and sex, here.

Why is that?
Florida Gator

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you obsessed with oral sex? This topic is MARRIAGE, you know. You seem to be the only one fantasizing about men and sex, here.

Why is that?
Fagg@t, did I say anything in the post about oral sex?? NO. But you did.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of66
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••