Les Smith resigns from WAVY-TV 10

Les Smith resigns from WAVY-TV 10

There are 230 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Apr 25, 2007, titled Les Smith resigns from WAVY-TV 10. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

News anchor Les Smith has resigned from WAVY-TV, Channel 10, Tuesday. "In his 22 years at WAVY, Les has been a major contributor to WAVY's success, both on the air and in the newsroom," said WAVY News Director ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Local Guy

United States

#88 Jan 3, 2008
nunnya wrote:
<quoted text>
Shaddddup! What I care about is freaking liberals and spoiled as biatches that think they are the center of the universe and think they should get whatever they want, whenever they want. I don't know what happened to Les, don't know jack about WAVY, and don't care about either. So shut it up.
Well....If you don't care about Les or don't know jack about WAVY, then what in the hell are you doing arguing on behalf of WAVY, you have no reason to be doing this....now who has to shut it up?
Jack

Concrete, WA

#89 Jan 3, 2008
Sherm wrote:
Les resigned. I have no reason to doubt that. I hope that things go well for him. I don't know if he is contractually obligated to wait out for a while or if he is attending to personal business, but I hope he is back on the air soon. Hopefully in Hampton Roads.
http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp...
http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp...
Resigned? Well...yes. What about David Nelson? He's also missing in action with no explanation. Two long time top anchors missing and not a word from Lintv (WAVY-10 & FOX13). Don't you think that's a little strange? Lintv news deptartment is in meltdown. Femi-nazi is out of control. I think the tension is evident on the faces and in the voices of the on-air anchors.

Since: Jul 07

Tidewater, VA

#90 Jan 3, 2008
HPT NATIVE wrote:
what's a femi-nazi? is it the same as what many men in this country are towards women? hmmm...
Didn't I see you in a argument w/ somebody on some topic here & you stated you were a college student...yada...you were learning, etc?

See, you don't take everythiing your libral college professors slam down your throat as fact! Social sciences are filled w/ bleeding heart librals! I hated the mandatory classes I had to take @ ODU & most didn't like my papers.

There is a difference! God help us!!! America is turning out a bunch of wussies!
Jack

Concrete, WA

#91 Jan 3, 2008
HPT NATIVE wrote:
what's a femi-nazi? is it the same as what many men in this country are towards women? hmmm...
feminazi

Main Entry: fem∑i∑na∑zi
Pronunciation:\&#712;fe-m &#601;-&#716;nšt-s &#275;\
Function: noun
Etymology: blend of feminist and Nazi
Date: 1989
usually disparaging : an extreme or militant feminist

Collegeboy, don't you have a dictionary? I intended the word to mean exactly as defined.
HPT NATIVE

Virginia Beach, VA

#92 Jan 3, 2008
takenitlight wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't I see you in a argument w/ somebody on some topic here & you stated you were a college student...yada...you were learning, etc?
See, you don't take everythiing your libral college professors slam down your throat as fact! Social sciences are filled w/ bleeding heart librals! I hated the mandatory classes I had to take @ ODU & most didn't like my papers.
There is a difference! God help us!!! America is turning out a bunch of wussies!
a bunch of wussies, eh?

well, I don't much care for the really liberal professors, I vote Republican-mostly, but I always try and vote for the best candidate.

I'm the only blonde woman in the College Republicans !!!:)

Buuuut, even if this woman everyone's referring to as "femi-nazi" is indeed one, men in this country discriminate against women all the time...so I don't really see a difference.
HPT NATIVE

Virginia Beach, VA

#93 Jan 3, 2008
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
feminazi
Main Entry: fem∑i∑na∑zi
Pronunciation:\&#712;fe-m &#601;-&#716;nšt-s &#275;\
Function: noun
Etymology: blend of feminist and Nazi
Date: 1989
usually disparaging : an extreme or militant feminist
Collegeboy, don't you have a dictionary? I intended the word to mean exactly as defined.
you mean college woman ;)

and I know what it means, but i think you're wrong in calling someone that... men discriminate against women in this country all of the time.
WONDER

United States

#94 Jan 3, 2008
good luck, what ever you do now. i enjoyed watching you over the years. so best wishes.
steve

United States

#95 Jan 4, 2008
i think the new guy has alot of sugar in his pants.
Mike

United States

#96 Jan 8, 2008
I don't mind just Alveta on the desk, She's such an eye candy!!!
WAVY TV SUX

Baldwin Park, CA

#97 Jan 11, 2008
Where is Kerri Fury? Cheryl Tan seems to have pushed her right out of her anchor chair. Stephanie Harris got bumped out by Lori Crouch. Lintv's news department is really an exercise in screwing loyal employees. Les Smith, David Nelson are gone. Andy Fox and Mary Kay Mallonee are still there. Something is wrong with that picture.
feast

Newport News, VA

#99 Jan 11, 2008
WAVY TV SUX wrote:
Where is Kerri Fury? Cheryl Tan seems to have pushed her right out of her anchor chair. Stephanie Harris got bumped out by Lori Crouch. Lintv's news department is really an exercise in screwing loyal employees. Les Smith, David Nelson are gone. Andy Fox and Mary Kay Mallonee are still there. Something is wrong with that picture.
Maybe Mary Kay ate them. She's ballooned up nicely over the years. No offense (I don't want to be the next meal)
WAVY TV SUX

Baldwin Park, CA

#100 Jan 11, 2008
feast wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Mary Kay ate them. She's ballooned up nicely over the years. No offense (I don't want to be the next meal)
I know, when she's on camera they have to back up 25 feet so she will fit in the frame.
nunnya

Birdsnest, VA

#101 Jan 13, 2008
Sorry peeps,

I just wanted to come back and apologize. I know I came off as an arsewipe but that's just the way I am. After thinking about it, it seems to be a normal reaction to wonder why Les left and no reason is apparent.

Once again, sorry for being an idiot.

Since: Jul 07

Tidewater, VA

#102 Jan 13, 2008
Mike wrote:
I don't mind just Alveta on the desk, She's such an eye candy!!!
Don't get out much do you? Guess you don't have cable either. She gets her skin lightened every other week & has a poor disgraceful attitude.

Since: Jul 07

Tidewater, VA

#103 Jan 13, 2008
Not sure what's going on @ WAVY! Haven't watched it in a long time till today. Looks like they moved Don Slater to weekend mornings & Jon Cash in his old spot.

Slater used to make it funny, but he has a little attitude himself. He got ticked on air one time b/c he had 2 fill in for a sick Jim Lawrence on a Sunday night.

Since: Jul 07

Tidewater, VA

#104 Jan 13, 2008
nunnya wrote:
Sorry peeps,
I just wanted to come back and apologize. I know I came off as an arsewipe but that's just the way I am. After thinking about it, it seems to be a normal reaction to wonder why Les left and no reason is apparent.
Once again, sorry for being an idiot.
No worries. I never had any issues w/ what you said. Some thought they had a "Right" to know which is false. I think the majority of the posters just thought Less was a good anchor, missed him, & wondered why he was no longer there.

It's not my right to know why he's no longer w/ WAVY. Hope he is well & not sick.
WAVY SUX

Fort Collins, CO

#105 Jan 13, 2008
Jim Lawrance, Les Smith, David Nelson, Kay Young and many others just disappear from WAVY (Lintv). I think it's very strange and reflects on the lack of quality management of the station and news department. In a few words WAVY SUX. Watch news on WVEC-13.

“Hey! What are you lookin' at??”

Since: Dec 07

Newport News

#106 Jan 13, 2008
A couple of nights ago, WAVY's lead story was that the temperatures were going to drop back to what they should normally be this time of year. They had Slater do a report and he acted like it was the second coming. It's very hard to take these broadcasts seriously when they do something like that.
WAVY SUX

Fort Collins, CO

#107 Jan 13, 2008
Have you ever noticed the expressions the news readers have when doing a story? Very odd. It's the news director. I don't know where she received her education and training but she must have slept throug all of it.
believe it

Birdsnest, VA

#108 Jan 13, 2008
This is the one and only reason to watch wavy tv.
Smokin'

http://wavy.images.worldnow.com/images/600310...

Of course this greatly offsets it:

http://wavy.images.worldnow.com/images/488635...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sensitive FBI photos from Colonial Parkway murd... (Mar '10) Oct 15 NoQawinkydink 13
News Biden says a Northam victory in Virginia govern... Oct 15 SirPrize 4
Weary Oct 9 Weary 1
Election VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Oct 5 grimanon 1,388
News Racist Violence in America (Aug '14) Oct 2 Wake Up 23
Ralph Northam: Another Corporate Democrat Oct 2 More Chaos N Grid... 8
Justin Fairfax: Got viciously trashed by the es... Oct 1 Local 1
More from around the web