UVA Center for Politics Hosts First T...

UVA Center for Politics Hosts First Teacher Workshop

There are 4 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jul 5, 2013, titled UVA Center for Politics Hosts First Teacher Workshop. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Middle and high school teachers from across the state are getting political at the University of Virginia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Bubba

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jul 9, 2013
Liberal schools teaching politics, this is nothing new! They have had this going for years and it has no good results yet!
George S

Maylene, AL

#2 Jul 9, 2013
Teachers, who are already overly pro-government, will now be taught, by a government school, to teach their students to be more pro-government.

As always, our tax dollars beng spent by government on what government wants.
Old Wahoo

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jul 10, 2013
"...politics is a good thing." NOT in Virginia or the United States in 2013. The smile on Larry Sabato's face when he says this tells me that he's being at least 50% facetious.
democracy

Lexington, VA

#4 Jul 12, 2013
@ Bubba (nice choice of names) and George S:

In a democratic republic, the government is the people.

So, shouldn't ALL citizens (unless they favor monarchy or dictatorship) be in favor of government?

Or has that simple realization not yet dawned on you guys?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 1 hr tell no lies 1,380
News Rat lungworm disease hits 2 more people in Hawaii Apr 21 Nip 1
News Goddard: Background checks don't infringe on an... Apr 14 Marauder 2
News One woman has stirred the pot at Ben's Chili Bo... Apr 13 repeat and share 1
News McDonnell's Ex-In-Law Transgendered (Jul '10) Apr 7 andet1987 42
News Democrats clamor to take on Rep. Comstock in no... Apr 5 USA Today 1
News Mendota Post Office meeting yields few answers (Sep '11) Apr 2 Democrappy 2
More from around the web