Republican Nominations for VA Offices in 2013

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

According to the Call approved by the Republican Party of Virginia State Central Committee on November 30, 2012 and published in the Richmond Times Dispatch on Tuesday, December 18, 2012, the deadline for candidates seeking the Republican nomination in 2013 for Governor, Lt.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
huck

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

"since Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli was the only candidate to file for Governor by the deadline"

I wonder why?
Rex

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

If you are smart, you won't vote for any of these fiscal cliff whiners!!
central va marine

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Didn't we just witness this circus recently. There were clowns like '999 the Pizza king','Rick P. 1 -2-ah I can't remember the 3rd one','Newt, nuf said, Rickie S -women should bow down and do as I say', the colorful Clint & his one-man car wreck, and then there was the candidate who did not want to be President.

Now with the onset of Coo-che-coo who wants to play Governor, a host of persons with a reputation of 'knowing more than the average person what is good for you, as second fiddle Lt. Governor, and Rob Bell; Charlottesville's own Soccer Mom. The ultimate Parent of every Virginian who refuses to hold any open, pre-announced town hall meeting with his constituents, wants a more dominate parental role as the chief law interpreter.

Grab your bonnets folks, we're in for a entertaining ride.

more (fun) to come
Native

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

central va marine wrote:
Didn't we just witness this circus recently. There were clowns like '999 the Pizza king','Rick P. 1 -2-ah I can't remember the 3rd one','Newt, nuf said, Rickie S -women should bow down and do as I say', the colorful Clint & his one-man car wreck, and then there was the candidate who did not want to be President.
Now with the onset of Coo-che-coo who wants to play Governor, a host of persons with a reputation of 'knowing more than the average person what is good for you, as second fiddle Lt. Governor, and Rob Bell; Charlottesville's own Soccer Mom. The ultimate Parent of every Virginian who refuses to hold any open, pre-announced town hall meeting with his constituents, wants a more dominate parental role as the chief law interpreter.
more (fun) to come
Get in the back seat and shut up!
real central va Marine

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

central va marine wrote:
more (fun) to come
Are you off your meds again?
Native

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

real central va Marine wrote:
<quoted text>Are you off your meds again?
Undiagnosed is my guess....
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Va is committed to going back to the dark ages with Cuchi as the gov.
Sure

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

sez you wrote:
Va is committed to going back to the dark ages with Cuchi as the gov.
Can't Wait For That Day To Arrive!
GoUVa

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Virginia's Republican Party obviously doesn't like Bill Bolling for some reason. I'm guessing he is capable of lifting his head out of the sand and thinking for himself. Everyone knows that after the last 4 Presidential Elections the Republican Party is not looking for people with a brain. Bush twice, Sarah "I can see Russia from my outhouse" Palin and good ole fat cat Romney. Bill Bolling running as an independent sure sounds better than Bozo's cloan Cuchi Cuchi!

Bolling in 2013
Dude

Montpelier, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

GoUVa wrote:
Virginia's Republican Party obviously doesn't like Bill Bolling for some reason. I'm guessing he is capable of lifting his head out of the sand and thinking for himself. Everyone knows that after the last 4 Presidential Elections the Republican Party is not looking for people with a brain. Bush twice, Sarah "I can see Russia from my outhouse" Palin and good ole fat cat Romney. Bill Bolling running as an independent sure sounds better than Bozo's cloan Cuchi Cuchi!
Bolling in 2013
Bolling is a tow the line right wing wacko, he's just not right wing or wacko enough. Out of a record 28 split votes, he sided with the republicans 28 times. He knows which side his bread is buttered.
That's the problem with both parties, they're letting the fringe elements take control, and the populace is handing power over to them, or allowing them to take it.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Bolling is a tow the line right wing wacko, he's just not right wing or wacko enough. Out of a record 28 split votes, he sided with the republicans 28 times. He knows which side his bread is buttered.
That's the problem with both parties, they're letting the fringe elements take control, and the populace is handing power over to them, or allowing them to take it.
The parties pick these figure heads, big money backs them and we end up with limited choices, so what are we to do?
Dude

Montpelier, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

sez you wrote:
<quoted text>The parties pick these figure heads, big money backs them and we end up with limited choices, so what are we to do?
That really is the question, isn't it? I wish I had an easy answer.
History has shown that the population is apathetic about policy until it becomes overly burdensome. I fear special interests and big money will continue to sap liberty from the average citizen. The great thing about our system is that it moves slowly in one direction or the other, and it is never too late to reverse the current trend. IE, I never, ever thought I'd see the day when Virginia became a blue state. If the radical right keeps nominating these lunatics, expect a shift further and further to the left. Unfortunately, we often respond emotionally, creating a pendulum that swings too far in one direction or the other, in which case we move too far left instead of just right of center.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Dude wrote:
<quoted text>That really is the question, isn't it? I wish I had an easy answer.
History has shown that the population is apathetic about policy until it becomes overly burdensome. I fear special interests and big money will continue to sap liberty from the average citizen. The great thing about our system is that it moves slowly in one direction or the other, and it is never too late to reverse the current trend. IE, I never, ever thought I'd see the day when Virginia became a blue state. If the radical right keeps nominating these lunatics, expect a shift further and further to the left. Unfortunately, we often respond emotionally, creating a pendulum that swings too far in one direction or the other, in which case we move too far left instead of just right of center.
How true. The writings on the wall, like it or not, Va will probably remain blue with demographic changing the way it is. As for better candidates? better representation? I'd expect a revolution first.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••