Senate passes amendment, reclassifies hydrocodone

May 24, 2012 Full story: Williamson Daily News Online 14

The U.S. Senate unanimously passed an amendment to the FDA's Safety and Innovation Act yesterday, reclassifying drugs containing hydrocodone as schedule II substances.

Full Story
END PROHIBITION

Ringgold, GA

#1 Jun 6, 2012
Just freakin' lovely. There is NEVER anything mentioned about how these growing police state drug prohibition laws will affect the many pain patients!! Who ALREADY are jumping through endless hoops to get a PORTION of the meds they desperately need to maintain a somewhat decent life. But who cares about US when almighty government can dictate new oppressing control freak laws- and dictate that much MORE of our lives to us?! COMMIE B#STARDS!!! WHAT I PUT IN MY BODY IS NONE OF YOUR F!CKING BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!! This is NO LONGER LAND OF THE 'FREE'- but land of the FASCIST DICTATORSHIP OF THE SERFS!!!

“definitely maybe”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2 Jun 6, 2012
END PROHIBITION wrote:
Just freakin' lovely. There is NEVER anything mentioned about how these growing police state drug prohibition laws will affect the many pain patients!! Who ALREADY are jumping through endless hoops to get a PORTION of the meds they desperately need to maintain a somewhat decent life. But who cares about US when almighty government can dictate new oppressing control freak laws- and dictate that much MORE of our lives to us?! COMMIE B#STARDS!!! WHAT I PUT IN MY BODY IS NONE OF YOUR F!CKING BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!! This is NO LONGER LAND OF THE 'FREE'- but land of the FASCIST DICTATORSHIP OF THE SERFS!!!
I totally agree.

“In Wally's Humble Opinion”

Since: Mar 12

Let's Go Surfin' Now...

#3 Jun 7, 2012
If this passes and gets signed into law...this place is really going to get crazy.

IWHO.
voteearlyvoteoft en

Virginia Beach, VA

#4 Jun 7, 2012
It's the police state-asset seizure industrial complex in action.......

It's easier (and more profitable) busting cancer patients and caring doctors than it is to bust actual drug dealers........

“definitely maybe”

Location hidden

#5 Jun 7, 2012
voteearlyvoteoften wrote:
It's the police state-asset seizure industrial complex in action.......
It's easier (and more profitable) busting cancer patients and caring doctors than it is to bust actual drug dealers........
sad but true. & yes Wally, I think it will start really soon.

Let's Go Surfin' Now...

#6 Jun 7, 2012
L1th 1um01 wrote:
<quoted text>
sad but true. & yes Wally, I think it will start really soon.
I'm very suprised that "Big Pharma" didn't put a stop to this.

“definitely maybe”

Location hidden

#7 Jun 7, 2012
IWallysHO wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very suprised that "Big Pharma" didn't put a stop to this.
Ya know, on one hand I agree, but on the other...I see them charging more for the same old vicodin, simply because it has been reclassed, so in the end they will probably make more $$ from unfortunate people in pain and their insurance.

Let's Go Surfin' Now...

#8 Jun 7, 2012
L1th 1um01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know, on one hand I agree, but on the other...I see them charging more for the same old vicodin, simply because it has been reclassed, so in the end they will probably make more $$ from unfortunate people in pain and their insurance.
I don't agree, the insurance companies won't allow that to happen.

Especially since they're all generics anyways.

Let's Go Surfin' Now...

#9 Jun 7, 2012
Next thing you know, nicotine will be classified as a Schedule 2. LOL.

Big Tobacco wouldn't let that happen.

“definitely maybe”

Location hidden

#10 Jun 7, 2012
IWallysHO wrote:
Next thing you know, nicotine will be classified as a Schedule 2. LOL.
Big Tobacco wouldn't let that happen.
Screw that!! it should be classified as Schedule 1 technically.....it has no medicinal value :) Marijuana is sched 1, and it actually HAS medicinal value... marijuana could be a cash cow for them...they don't think things through very well sometimes.

Btw, I am a cigarette smoker... I wish it was sched 1... I would have incentive to quit that's right in my face and not (hopefully) years down the road.
this really stinks

United States

#11 Jun 7, 2012
IWallysHO wrote:
If this passes and gets signed into law...this place is really going to get crazy.
IWHO.
That's true. What really sucks is that the street value of Norco's is probably going to double.

Let's Go Surfin' Now...

#12 Jun 7, 2012
this really stinks wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true. What really sucks is that the street value of Norco's is probably going to double.
Hopefully, that won't be the case.

Hopefully, it won't be signed into law.

Let's Go Surfin' Now...

#13 Jun 7, 2012
this really stinks wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully, all the politicians of the country become CPP's themselves.

Then maybe they'll actually realize what it is that we're all going through.

We don't get premium life-time medical and guaranteed pensions for serving just one term.

“Back2Back”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14 Jun 7, 2012
IWallysHO wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully, all the politicians of the country become CPP's themselves.
Then maybe they'll actually realize what it is that we're all going through.
We don't get premium life-time medical and guaranteed pensions for serving just one term.
Yes I would actually see what they would have to do if they became CPP's!! What about codeine?? although I don't really think ppl take things with codeine in them as much as the hydrocodone and other opiates it is addicting as well!! So if they change the hydro they should change codeine as well IMO!! and I totally agree with medicinal mj! They just don't see it!! stupid!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Va. voters agree with McDonnells' guilty verdic... Sep 23 Constitutional_Reset 5
Virginia ex-governor, wife found guilty in corr... Sep 7 Constitutional_Reset 7
Bob McDonnell: Mitt Romney will win Virginia (Apr '12) Sep 4 Swedenforever 8
Ex-Va. Gov. McDonnell and wife charged with fed... (Jan '14) Sep 4 Swedenforever 29
The Cosi's Poem (to accompany the Manassas Poem) Aug '14 Patricia Louise M... 1
Stay sought in ruling on Va. gay-marriage ban Aug '14 Dubya 22
Virginia governor ends with scandal-stained year (Dec '13) Aug '14 No Surprise 20

Virginia Government People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE