Governor McDonnell Response to Sullivan Reinstatement - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Spor...

The NBC29 newsroom received the following statement from Governor Bob McDonnell: Statement of Governor Bob McDonnell on the University of Virginia Presidency Governor Bob McDonnell issued the following statement, following the unanimous vote by the University of Virginia Board of Visitors to reinstate Teresa Sullivan as University President. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Belmont Resident

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jun 26, 2012
.....as long as Dragas goes out the door, that might all work out.
Siddhartha

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jun 26, 2012
The criticism directed at the Board was neither "unfortunate" nor "counterproductive." The Rector attempted to remove the President in a backroom coup d'etat, and her actions remain odious and despicable. While we are glad and grateful that Dr. Sullivan has been reinstated, the task at hand is now to carefully review what the Board should look like in the future. We need a Board that represents more than a few wealthy donors. We need a Board that is inclusive and representative of the many voices in the UVA community: faculty, alumni, students, and staff.

As the Commonwealth contributes so very little now in the way of funding, the Governor (no matter who he or she is) should have far less sway in who oversees our flagship University. The time for change has come, and today's events - however encouraging - do not absolve us of the responsibility to improve the structure and character of the Board of Visitors.
heh

Midlothian, VA

#3 Jun 26, 2012
Now maybe Dragass can get a job with the commitee to elect Tim kaine. After all, they be bosum buddies.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jun 26, 2012
heh wrote:
Now maybe Dragass can get a job with the commitee to elect Tim kaine. After all, they be bosum buddies.
stop it huck
JimT

Ruckersville, VA

#5 Jun 26, 2012
So, will Governor McDonnell re-appoint Helen Dargas, whose term expires July 1?
JimT

Ruckersville, VA

#6 Jun 26, 2012
Typo: Dargas should of course be Dragas
angie

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jun 26, 2012
I hope this means that Dragas will not be keeping her job as rector for long.
UVA

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Jun 26, 2012
JimT wrote:
So, will Governor McDonnell re-appoint Helen Dargas, whose term expires July 1?
Let's hope the Governor has the good sense to find some other way for Helen Dragas to serve the Commonwealth of Virginia. Perhaps something that draws on her areas of actual expertise, such as land planning and development?
Da Troof

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Jun 26, 2012
Guv wrote:
I want to thank the members of the Board of Visitors of the University of Virginia for their conclusive action today to bring the issue of the Presidency of the school to a close, AS I DIRECTED LAST FRIDAY.
This horse's a55 wants to take credit for this working out! Unfeakingbelievable.
Guv wrote:
Members of the Board have faced much criticism over the past two weeks. Specifically, much of that criticism has been directed at the first woman to serve as Rector of the Board of Visitors. This has been very unfortunate and counterproductive. It has not been in keeping with traits long associated with the University such as civility in discourse and open dialogue. The Board itself admittedly made mistakes and did not act with the procedural transparency that should be accorded such a significant decision. The Board did lay out, in subsequent days, pressing concerns that led members to believe changes at the University were necessary.
I call BS.

1. If the Rector gave a rat's rump about civility in discourse and open dialogue, none of this trainwreck would have ever taken place.

2. Were it not for the well-deserved criticism heaped onto the Rector and other members of this Board, this horrible mistake might not have been corrected.

3. Rector Dragas' PR firm (not the Board) laid out a littany of transgressions for which President Sullivan bears little responsibility given her short time in office.

Bob McDonnell is nothing more than a creepy, helmet-haired douche-nozzle.
jogger

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Jun 26, 2012
Mcdoo is a girly man...a wimp...He will never get another vote for public office from me....
ulku

Stafford, VA

#11 Jun 26, 2012
even too late,nevertless good step.
reality bites

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Jun 26, 2012
Helen Dragas, with a name like that I'd be watching my back.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Jun 27, 2012
as if the guv wasn't apprised and in on the dragon vendetta from the git go, a shining example of political cover
Obama

Woodland Hills, CA

#14 Jun 27, 2012
Da Troof wrote:
<quoted text>
This horse's a55 wants to take credit for this working out! Unfeakingbelievable.
Worked for me when we got Bin Laden.

Vote for me in 2012 and I'll give everyone a free sno-cone and puppy funded by you (the taxpayer) in 2013!
Steve

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Jun 27, 2012
I sincerely hope that Gov. McDonnell has the courage not to reappoint Helen Dragas.

The protests against her have nothing whatsoever to do with her gender, Governor. They have everything to do with her bad conduct, underhanded ways and gross dishonesty. Her bad behavior must not be rewarded. This would apply whether the person were male or female, Republican or Democrat, black or white.

Please find someone of good character to take her place on the board.
Da Troof

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Jun 27, 2012
Moron wrote:
<quoted text>
Worked for me when we got Bin Laden.
Vote for me in 2012 and I'll give everyone a free sno-cone and puppy funded by you (the taxpayer) in 2013!
Go shake an etch-a-sketch, peckerwood. Bush sure as hell didn't get Bin Laden.
Da Troof

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Jun 27, 2012
Da Troof wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell, Governor McHelmetHair might as well take credit for Bin Laden too. He had about as much influence over that as he did over the UVA outcome.
Obama

Bethpage, NY

#18 Jun 27, 2012
When I see a picture of Obama I touch myself wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! I did it! Pay no attention to those SEALs behind the curtain...
Bush

Bethpage, NY

#19 Jun 27, 2012
Da Troof wrote:
<quoted text>
...Bush sure as hell didn't get Bin Laden...
Apparently (and sadly), that's the best, most frequently used and weakest retort any Obama sycophant can come up with.
Da Troof

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Jun 27, 2012
[QUOTE who="Slack-jawed, inbred, troglodytic dim-wit"]<quoted text>
Apparently (and sadly), that's the best, most frequently used and weakest retort any Obama sycophant can come up with.[/QUOTE]

Oh, and you don't think W woulda been crowing his ears off if they had gotten Bin Laden on HIS watch? Please. And your hypocritical a55 would've been right there bragging about it.

Now, as I recall, this conversation was originally about UVA and the Governor taking credit for the resolution of THAT mess. So why don't you do everyone a favor and go fellate one of your precious firearms while the grownups discuss the matter at hand. While you're at it, do us all an even BIGGER favor by loading it first and disengaging the safety. M'kay cupcake?

Troll.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michelle Obama (Aug '10) Dec 2 Nick 98
Former Va. Superintendent Dr. Bill Bosher passe... Dec 1 Pat Ellington 1
Republican Ed Gillespie concedes Virginia Senat... Nov '14 Constitutional_Reset 3
Bob McDonnell: Mitt Romney will win Virginia (Apr '12) Nov '14 Swedenforever 12
Age of consent in Virginia?? (Apr '07) Nov '14 Ive_Been_Through_... 103
Goodbye West Virginia Oct '14 Ace McMillan 3
Gay marriage in Mason Co. Oct '14 NorCal Native 51
More from around the web