Sherri Shepherd Suggests West Virgini...

Sherri Shepherd Suggests West Virginians are Racist

There are 14 comments on the NewsBusters.org story from May 15, 2008, titled Sherri Shepherd Suggests West Virginians are Racist. In it, NewsBusters.org reports that:

“I'm not going to be voting for this man because he's black as a matter of fact.”

On the May 14 edition of "The View" co-host Sherri Shepherd revealed her family once lived in West Virginia, but not in singing "take me home." Apparently West Virginians are racist. via NewsBusters.org

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsBusters.org.

Crystal

Richlandtown, PA

#1 May 16, 2008
She is still very new at this job and I think she is doing her best to be smart and funny. Comedians often put there feet in their mouths. Give her a break. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if West Virginians were racist during the time that she was growing up. Lots of people were in the old days. Some are still that way.

Since: Feb 08

Nicholasville, KY

#2 May 17, 2008
I don't watch the view. Of course this could explain her belief that the earth is flat, since it must have seen like living in WV was like living on or over the edge of the world.
man resident

Gilbert, WV

#3 May 17, 2008
Yes, in the old days alot of people were racist, but to say Obama lost to Hillary Clinton because he's black is ignorance on her part. I myself love "The View", but I'm also a Proud West Virginian whom is well educated, and certainly not the poor, uneducated racist that both Whoopie and Sherry both implied. I am very offended by the remarks of these very judgemental women, and I am certain I will not be watching this program again.
man resident

Gilbert, WV

#4 May 17, 2008
Crystal wrote:
She is still very new at this job and I think she is doing her best to be smart and funny. Comedians often put there feet in their mouths. Give her a break. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if West Virginians were racist during the time that she was growing up. Lots of people were in the old days. Some are still that way.
People all over the country were and still are racist, the problem is not just in WV, and to imply otherwise is ignorance on your part, and Sherri Shepherd's. If it was a white woman making a racist remark about a state of primarly black people, they would be ridiculed and degraded (just as we have seen recently), and let's not forget Rev. Jessie Jackson would be at their door, forming a rally to protest against that person. If we want fair, equal treatment, that needs to the rule of thumb for all mankind, not just one minority over another. Let's stop making our children pay for the sins of the past, we all know racism is wrong, so why can't we be "one nation, under God" and treat all races with the respect they deserve, whether they're from the hills of WV of the streets of Detroit.

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Dallas, TX

#5 May 17, 2008
Who is Sherri Shepherd and why should anyone care what she thinks?

If 92% of black voters can choose Obama then a majority of white voters in West Virgina are entitled to pick Hillary instead.

And they don't owe anyone an apology for exercising their rights as a citizen.
WV GIRL

Princeton, WV

#6 Jun 5, 2008
The last I heard we lived in the USA. No matter what state you live in, it is your right to vote for whom ever you wish. It is your choice, who cares if they are black, white, pink or yellow, It is our right as citizens of the USA.

“www.relayforlife .org”

Since: Mar 08

Sandy Huff

#7 Jun 5, 2008
I suggest that people go to the "The View" website and email the show about her arrogant and ignorant comment. I did. It is people like that that needs to be educated on the true WV. I do not watch the show and now know I never will. I guess her and Chaney are probably kin folk like Chaney and Obama are suppose to be. Please that that show know that we as WVians will not tolerate being called the things we know we are not.
Memories

Valencia, CA

#8 Jun 7, 2008
man resident wrote:
Yes, in the old days alot of people were racist, but to say Obama lost to Hillary Clinton because he's black is ignorance on her part. I myself love "The View", but I'm also a Proud West Virginian whom is well educated, and certainly not the poor, uneducated racist that both Whoopie and Sherry both implied. I am very offended by the remarks of these very judgemental women, and I am certain I will not be watching this program again.
It is "who" not "whom" in your statement about your being well-educated.

Other than that, I agree with you lol.
Memories

Valencia, CA

#9 Jun 7, 2008
Why was Sherri Shepherd selected to be a co-host? WHEN is her contract up? Please get her off. She is really risking her entire career by being so greedy and OVER-EXPOSED. A little of Sherri Shepherd goes a very long way! I've seen enough of her to last two lifetimes.

Her constant talk about her sex is disgusting. It seems hard to believe she ever had it. She is not funny. Her boy sounds like a monster and she is not the mother of the year as she wants everyone to think. No wonder the kid is an out-of-control screaming brat.

Bill Geddie has ruined "The View" and does not seemingly care what the viewers think. He seems like a big jerk and he needs to be replaced too.
Frustrated Canadian

New Westminster, Canada

#10 Nov 18, 2011
I'm sick of Sherri shepherd. She can be funny &energetic in small bursts, but always goes back to her usual angry bitter self. She has a huge chip on her shoulder, perhaps stemming back from being treated poorly in high school by the local whities. Whatever her issues are I'm tired of hearing her negativity. Sick of hearing her support only black people...dancing with the stars...etc. Who should replace Regis? Wayne Bradley says Sherri. I would fall off my chair if I ever heard her support someone of a different race. She needs psychological help. Thank god for whoopie, the voice of reason. I'm sure Sherri only listens to her because she is black as everyone else is trying to hold her down (in her dillusional mind). She is confused and unpleasant to listen to. She feeds the hate, owns it, wants to discuss it again and again.
Mike

Warren, MI

#11 Nov 24, 2011
How is that community organizer thing working out for you Sherri Shepherd? He takes credit for the good things that happen and still blames Bush for anything that happens that's bad. He like all politicians is a liar. He tried to make it sound as though it was his idea to leave Iraq. When it was Iraq that evicted us. About all he did as a Senator was spend his time running for President with a slogan "vote for a change you can believe in". Black people were going around saying how B.O. was going to give them all kinds of stuff and he still hasn't solved to unemployment situation. He did do what Clinton didn't get done when he had the chance and declined, had Bin Laden killed. If Clinton had done this 9/11 may not have happened. I could go on and on about things like Gitmo and Rev. Wright, the way he can't get Congress to do what he wants, even when the Dems had control in the early part of his watch. So I ask again Sherri Shepherd (who likes to paint all West Virginians as racist with a broad brush) how's that Obama thing working out for you?
hopechange

Crozet, VA

#13 Nov 28, 2011
Come on sis lets go home and feed the kids.

lol just joking wv
Jerry_Charlottes ville VA

Houston, TX

#15 Nov 30, 2011
Who cares what Sherri's opinion is....she has to be destroying her brain cells by sitting next to Joy Behar....talk about a people hater!
Think it through

Beckley, WV

#16 Sep 12, 2013
This coming from a woman who uses abortions as birth control. Enough said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Tim Kaine has already made history Aug 13 bluestreak returns 56
Virginia Has Illegal Possession Of My family's ... Aug 10 Mavarick1 1
News Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump in Virginia,... Jul 29 Michel Montvert 4
News Virginia court nixes order restoring felons' vo... Jul '16 NotSoDivineMSM 1
News Cuccinelli's floor fight draws rebukes, fans - ... Jul '16 Le Jimbo 1
Age of consent in Virginia?? (Apr '07) Jul '16 bri111 125
News Arizona says it has run out of drugs for execut... Jul '16 Cruel and Unusual 4
More from around the web