Feds Refuse to Release $125M owed to VA Law Enforcement

Federal officials have refused to release approximately $125 million that is owed to Virginia from a 2012 Medicaid fraud case Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli's office investigated. Full Story
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jun 5, 2013
The fraud cost taxpayers. Why not reimburse us?
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jun 5, 2013
and would someone please cover that lady's boob
no hope or CHANGE for you

Rice, VA

#3 Jun 5, 2013
Hopefully there will be money for an anti-bum task force that concentrates on the downtown mall.
Dude

Purcellville, VA

#4 Jun 5, 2013
Give the IRS a break as they have been busy attending conferences, parties, learning to line dance, pleading the 5th and abusing the constitutional protections of those they disagree with.
Frank

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jun 5, 2013
Virginia targeted by IRS for conservative values. Ring any bells?
NYL

Washington, DC

#6 Jun 5, 2013
How does a law enforcement agency "earn" money from a plea agreement? I'm confused here, seems like this creates an incentive for law enforcement to shake down companies, force them into a plea agreement and pay a sum of money directly to the law enforcement guys to supplement their budges. Sounds like this money should go to the federal debt, not to Virginia as payment for shaking down a company.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jun 5, 2013
NYL wrote:
How does a law enforcement agency "earn" money from a plea agreement? I'm confused here, seems like this creates an incentive for law enforcement to shake down companies, force them into a plea agreement and pay a sum of money directly to the law enforcement guys to supplement their budges. Sounds like this money should go to the federal debt, not to Virginia as payment for shaking down a company.
and the cooch thinks it's a reward for doing his job
the tactical vests are for those pot busts on private property
nobody

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jun 5, 2013
Really? Does anyone actually believe ANYTHING Cuccinelli says? Seriously?
harry

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Jun 5, 2013
huck wrote:
The fraud cost taxpayers. Why not reimburse us?
Because it didn't cost taxpayers silly.
harry

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Jun 5, 2013
NYL wrote:
Companies/individuals may end up forfeiting their property if used in a drug related crime. It was not intended as an incentive to "shakedown" anyone but as a means to provide law enforcement with the funds to combat drug related crimes. It is typically used for modernization of equipment. The intent is to level the playing field between bad guys in the drug war and law enforcement.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jun 5, 2013
harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it didn't cost taxpayers silly.
how did you come to that conclusion?
who do you think pays for medicaid?
manna from heaven?
Tom Davis

Dumfries, VA

#12 Jun 5, 2013
I am sure IRS has made use of the money and that's why they are refusing to pay out the settlement. Virginia will never see that money.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Jun 5, 2013
Tom Davis wrote:
I am sure IRS has made use of the money and that's why they are refusing to pay out the settlement. Virginia will never see that money.
why should it?
law enforcers job is to enforce the law, the cooch is no exception
they get paid by taxpayers to do their job
we're all in this together

"neither the whistle blowers nor the defendant in this case were located in Virginia, the whistle blowers came to Virginia because the MFCU has a national reputation for successfully investigating major national cases"

sounds fishy, like somebody is fishing for $
kinda like ambulance chasing attorneys
Old Hare

Orange, VA

#14 Jun 5, 2013
Tom Davis wrote:
The IRS top dogs probably flew first class to the Caribbean and stayed at five star resorts using that money, with a nod and a wink from Barry of course.
zapper

Collinsville, VA

#15 Jun 6, 2013
nobody wrote:
Really? Does anyone actually believe ANYTHING Cuccinelli says? Seriously?
Still making love to your obama blow up doll i see
zapper

Collinsville, VA

#16 Jun 6, 2013
Feds = above the law, just ask Eric Holder
harry

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Jun 6, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
how did you come to that conclusion?
who do you think pays for medicaid?
manna from heaven?
Read the story huck. "Abbott had illegally marketed the prescription drug Depakote for non-approved uses." Doctors prescribed it, but Abbot didn't test it for the uses they were marketing it for, and didn't get FDA approval for those uses. Taxpayer money was not wasted as you assert. As a matter of fact the money Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli used to investigate was well spent and will help law enforcement throughout the state when the IRS pays up. Get it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michelle Obama (Aug '10) Dec 2 Nick 98
Former Va. Superintendent Dr. Bill Bosher passe... Dec 1 Pat Ellington 1
Republican Ed Gillespie concedes Virginia Senat... Nov '14 Constitutional_Reset 3
Bob McDonnell: Mitt Romney will win Virginia (Apr '12) Nov '14 Swedenforever 12
Age of consent in Virginia?? (Apr '07) Nov '14 Ive_Been_Through_... 103
Goodbye West Virginia Oct '14 Ace McMillan 3
Gay marriage in Mason Co. Oct '14 NorCal Native 51
More from around the web