Cleo

King George, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

Virginia's age of consent is 18. 15-17 year olds can consent with EACH OTHER. However, they cannot consent to those over the age of 18.
ThatGuy

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

So is it legal for a 18 year old to do it with a 15 year old as long as they both consent in Virginia?
amy mchaney

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Is it ok for me and my boyfriend to date he is 21 and I'm 17??
Questonteen

Belleville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

So im 17 i will be 18 in march, me and my gf have been together for 6 months now and she is 15 her birthday is in September. When i turn 18 could this cause any problems for me or for her? My parents r cool with us together and her parents r too could this pose any problems?
robert

Pulaski, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

My childrens (former) soccer coach, wife and husband, both routinely have sex with kids that are 16 years old. The police have written solicitations for sex (facebook) between one of the adults (40+)and five girls complaining. Why have they not been able to make an arrest.
Taylor

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

What are the laws pertaining to a relationship (non-sexual) between a 15 yr old female and a 19 yr old male?

Because, we like each other but we haven't done anything. We've only kissed once. He is dead set on me and him being together forever and I feel the exact Same way. I really want to be with him, but I don't want him to get in trouble for being with me. He said he is willing to wait, but I was just curious on the circumstances should the situation arise earlier.
Olliesmommie

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

I just turned 17, and my boyfriend has just turned 19. I have read that the legal age of consent in Virginia is 18. However, we are only about 2 years apart and I don't know if its legal or not because in other states it says 16 and in some articles the age seems to change. I graduate in June and we both plan on going to community college after I graduate. However we want a baby and I wanted to know how much trouble could be involved. We do not want a baby at this time, but later on down the road maybe before I'm eighteen, maybe not. Please leave all negativity out of your responses!! I don't care to read all pointless stuff I just want my questions answered. Thank you so much!
Dr Ho

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

In VB the age on censent is 11. If you live in Boston and want same sex marriage to an 11 year old, are over 45, you are welcome to come to Virginia Beach this summer. VB is having a 'gay-pedophile Day Parade.' All parents who want to get rid of their 11-13 year olds will bring them and a priest will be there to marry you.
kiki1

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

carmenforu wrote:
<quoted text>
My questions is..What would someone 22 yrs. of age have in common with a 16 year old...SEX..that's it.
Regardless as how mature you may think you are,your boyfriend should show some maturity and wait until your old enough.
What does this guy do ?
Does he go to college ?
Does he have his own place ?
Does he have a job (other than a fast food restaurant)?
Does he have any kids ?
You are 16 you should be focusing on school and high school dances.Don't get yourself involved in something that will cost later on.You have plenty of time for sex.Don't make the mistake of defining your life by men and sex.
Good luck in school (:
she didn't you all that so answer the question or don't answer at all
kiki1

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Why can't anybody answer the question without all the extra side lines. Nobody asked about life skills or school
The Summarizer

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

So in summary, this is how it works (If I read all the comments right.)

15-17 year olds can have sex with 15-17 year olds.

If say, the female is 17, and the male partner turns 18, the female must wait until she is ALSO 18 in order to have legal sex again.

Same is true for the reverse, if the male is 17, and the female turns 18, the male must wait until he is ALSO 18 in order to have legal sex again.

As long as both partners are 18 or ABOVE, they may have sex together, regardless of age difference.

Hope this clears things up. I was also a bit confused at the start, but I put everything I gathered from the last 91 comments together, except for all the "Oh my gawsh you are sick, how dare you, as a father, I would find you myself" stuff.
Kristina

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

I am 17 and my boyfriend is 20 is it legal for us to go out ?
Ariella

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Okay so i've just turned 16 and im finally able to date my boyfriend because he's 18 . I just need to make sure the law of under age sex and consent is that there can be no more than a three year difference?
Concrete

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

It appears as if it would be 15 of the age of consent but what if you know Someone who just turne 15 dating someone who just turned 18 but lives in 2 different states. Male via WV and female via Virginia? Would the 3 years still yet be legal?
edwardtyler

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Ok if the guy is 17 and the girl is 14 and the age difference is exactly 3 years and a month is it legal to just date. And no sex
worried mother

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

What about a boy at the age of 17 having sex with a girl that is 14
suck it

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

my gf is 27 i am 21 and my other gf is 15 is it legal for us to do it since we all girls
Alina

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

I'm a 18 your old girl and I'm with a 15 year old girl is that bad
Venom

Bowie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

carmenforu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,but I would strongly encourage them leave the sex out of their relationship.
Just because it's legal doesn't make it in the best interest. They need to focus on life skills. They have time for sex after they have figured out how to maintain and contribute a quality living to society.
Let's be realistic here... its 2013. if they aren't already they'll soon be having sex. HARDLY anyone waits till 17-18 to have sex which is sad but the truth. Best advice: just don't go flaunting your sexual relationship and be safe.
candu

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

I have a 15 year old daughter I have just learned she had sex with her so called boyfriend one is 20 what can I do as a parent ....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of101
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••