UVA Alumni Explore Normandy on D-Day ...

UVA Alumni Explore Normandy on D-Day Anniversary

There are 2 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jun 6, 2013, titled UVA Alumni Explore Normandy on D-Day Anniversary. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A group of University of Virginia alumni spent Thursday - the 69th anniversary of the D-Day invasion - in Normandy reliving history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

matt

Marietta, GA

#1 Jun 6, 2013
ive always wanted to get there to see my great uncles grave my grandfather missed his big brother im sure.ive always had the greatest respect for those men from virginia an there sacrafice on that day and during the entire war.
Angela

Conyers, GA

#2 Jun 7, 2013
it is really nice seeing my great uncle remembered this way, my mother actually visited the grave in Germany

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Age of consent in Virginia?? (Apr '07) May '17 Merica 139
News Rat lungworm disease hits 2 more people in Hawaii Apr '17 Nip 1
News One woman has stirred the pot at Ben's Chili Bo... Apr '17 repeat and share 1
News How Did Fla. Therapist Accused of S&M with Pati... (May '14) Mar '17 Tim 4
News Editorial: Getting the history of African-Ameri... Mar '17 The Gleaming Axe 21
News Anti-choice forces are relentless. Like it or n... (Feb '12) Feb '17 el chapo Gorka 1,149
News West Virginia Residents May Have To Pass A Drug... (Feb '13) Feb '17 pffft 4
More from around the web