Mary Baldwin Celebrates Islam Awareness Week

It's Islam Awareness Week at a Staunton College. A Pakistani woman traveled thousands of miles to clear up misconceptions about the religion. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#128 Feb 11, 2013
Janjoa wrote:
Dude:
What have you seen and mentioned is absolutely aganist Islam and its teachings, values and principles, this is what we need to understand about our real beliefs.
I understand that, but not everyone does. It is judged by how it is represented, not necessarily by what it means or what it says. That representation cannot be changed by trying to change how people see it, but by how it behaves. What I mean by that is that it can only be changed from within.
حظ&#15 75; سع&#16 10;دا
مو&#16 01;ق با&#15 88;يد
ښه قس&#16 05;ت در&#15 78;ه غو&#15 75;ړم
Khan

Wichita, KS

#130 Feb 11, 2013
Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry dude, if she says Islam is peaceful, she is not following the tennants of Islam. On the other hand it is okay for them to lie and be deceitful. Read the Koran and see how peaceful it is. Read some of the history of may I suggest, "Tea for Terrorists." I am a christian and when Jesus was being tortured and had to carry the cross, did not preach hate of His persecutors, He was doing what God had sent Him to do, being a light unto salvation. Don't see that happening in Islam.
Judy I am sorry you feel that way.
Islam does not teach any hate or enemosity against other religions or people. Starting from the Crusaders, the Muslims have been attacked, victimized, colonized, deprieved and exploited.
Sultan Salahuddin still treated King Richard with kindness. When he brought the Crusaders to fight against him and could not win, he got sick, but he personally offered medical assistance to him.

In Iraq, more than 600,000 Iraqi people have been killed because Saddam was an evil dictator. The Human right violation at Abu-Gharib prisoon by a country which calls itself a Champion of Democracy and Human rights is very deplorable.

The Muslims have been taught in the Qura'an that Moses and Jesus were the Messengers sent by God. The Muslims always revere and respect them like their own Prophet. But look how the Jews and Christians hate the Muslims.

Before 1967 Israel invasion of Palestine, various factions of Christian church did not trust each other so much as they trusted the Palestinians to protect their churches and the Muslims always took good care of various churches of the Protestants, Catholics, Russian Orthodox, etc.

I have nothing against the Christians. Your Politicians make you look like war mongers. Talk to them, and tell them to stop Drone bombing the innocent people. Learn to be forgiving. Negotiate before you bomb them. Learn to be compromizing.

Remember though that if you wish to fight, they will also fight. They will not take it lying down.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#131 Feb 11, 2013
Khan wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam does not teach any hate or enemosity against other religions or people. Starting from the Crusaders, the Muslims have been attacked, victimized, colonized, deprieved and exploited.
Sultan Salahuddin still treated King Richard with kindness. When he brought the Crusaders to fight against him and could not win, he got sick, but he personally offered medical assistance to him.
In Iraq, more than 600,000 Iraqi people have been killed because Saddam was an evil dictator. The Human right violation at Abu-Gharib prisoon by a country which calls itself a Champion of Democracy and Human rights is very deplorable.
The Muslims have been taught in the Qura'an that Moses and Jesus were the Messengers sent by God. The Muslims always revere and respect them like their own Prophet. But look how the Jews and Christians hate the Muslims.
Before 1967 Israel invasion of Palestine, various factions of Christian church did not trust each other so much as they trusted the Palestinians to protect their churches and the Muslims always took good care of various churches of the Protestants, Catholics, Russian Orthodox, etc.
I have nothing against the Christians. Your Politicians make you look like war mongers. Talk to them, and tell them to stop Drone bombing the innocent people. Learn to be forgiving. Negotiate before you bomb them. Learn to be compromizing.
Remember though that if you wish to fight, they will also fight. They will not take it lying down.
I seem to remember that the goal of Islam is make the world Islamic, with no substitutes allowed.
hitem

Fork Union, VA

#132 Feb 11, 2013
Janjoa wrote:
hitem:
Can you do the same with Bibal, to Muslims Bibal and Jesus are respectable and will be.
No, Jesus where you cant earn your salvation. Think about it
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#133 Feb 12, 2013
Khan wrote:
<quoted text>
More threats, what is it with you people?
TaliBum

Purley, UK

#134 Feb 12, 2013
Every week is Muslim Awareness Week.
Just watch the news.
LOL
ALLAH

Purley, UK

#135 Feb 12, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
"It may be that Allah will bring about love between you and those of them with whom you are now at enmity; and Allah is All-Powerful; and Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful."
~Quran 60:8
"Allah forbids you not, respecting those who have not fought against you on account of your religion, and who have not driven you forth from your homes, that you be kind to them and act equitably towards them; surely Allah loves those who are equitable."
~Quran 60:9
"Allah only forbids you, respecting those who have fought against you on account of your religion, and have driven you out of your homes, and have helped others in driving you out, that you make friends of them, and whosoever makes friends of them it is these that are the transgressors."
~Quran 60:10
"Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves.
~Quran 13:11
"We but mirror the world. All the tendencies present in the outer world are to be found in the world of our body. If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. This is the divine mystery supreme. A wonderful thing it is and the source of our happiness. We need not wait to see what others do."
~Mahatma Gandhi
Teach peace, be at peace
Murder is a gift from God.
hitem

Fork Union, VA

#136 Feb 12, 2013
ALLAH wrote:
<quoted text>
They will cap off there celebration by leaving a briefcase at festivitys n walking away
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#137 Feb 12, 2013
ALLAH wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ask Oliver Cromwell.
open your eyes

Charlottesville, VA

#138 Feb 14, 2013
If you are worried about Sharia Law then look no further than our own country's tea party. The laws they are passing are direct attacks again America women.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Va. voters agree with McDonnells' guilty verdic... Sep 14 Constitutional_Reset 4
Virginia ex-governor, wife found guilty in corr... Sep 7 Constitutional_Reset 7
Bob McDonnell: Mitt Romney will win Virginia (Apr '12) Sep 4 Swedenforever 8
Ex-Va. Gov. McDonnell and wife charged with fed... (Jan '14) Sep 4 Swedenforever 29
The Cosi's Poem (to accompany the Manassas Poem) Aug '14 Patricia Louise M... 1
Stay sought in ruling on Va. gay-marriage ban Aug '14 Dubya 22
Virginia governor ends with scandal-stained year (Dec '13) Aug '14 No Surprise 20
•••

Virginia Government People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••