Mary Baldwin Celebrates Islam Awareness Week

It's Islam Awareness Week at a Staunton College. A Pakistani woman traveled thousands of miles to clear up misconceptions about the religion. Read more
YdueEye

Buckingham, VA

#107 Feb 2, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>one word...thighing. You have as many perverse m-effers, if not more than any other religion... Hypocrite. Soon westernization won't be your biggest problem. You are equally hate filled as YDueEye in your generalizations, and proselytism; neither can see the short comings of your own theism. Hindus should find the good in their own religion and ignore hypocritical hate mongers like you. You give Islam a bad name, perhaps the name it deserves.
Modern America is replete with political correct speak or self-censorship for four decades and if your attempt is to silence me by calling me hate filled for calling out reasonable contradictions and or apparent lies then I will wear that badge proudly as an American ready to put a boot in someoneís arse.

On a much lighter note, however, it seems you are just as busy spewing hate filled rhetoric as you are claiming others have planks in their eyes, lol.

ďIn the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Dude

Warrenton, VA

#108 Feb 2, 2013
YdueEye wrote:
<quoted text>
Modern America is replete with political correct speak or self-censorship for four decades and if your attempt is to silence me by calling me hate filled for calling out reasonable contradictions and or apparent lies then I will wear that badge proudly as an American ready to put a boot in someoneís arse.
On a much lighter note, however, it seems you are just as busy spewing hate filled rhetoric as you are claiming others have planks in their eyes, lol.
ďIn the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Only in your imagination. You and Kahn are more alike than different, each intolerant of each other. You're equally free in spewing your hate filled agenda, just don't be surprised when one calls a spade a spade, which is all I'm doing. I have no interest in trying to silence your nor "Kahn's" hate speech, but I will call it for what it is.
Neither of you are positive representations of your respective religions.
YdueEye

Buckingham, VA

#109 Feb 2, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Only in your imagination. You and Kahn are more alike than different, each intolerant of each other. You're equally free in spewing your hate filled agenda, just don't be surprised when one calls a spade a spade, which is all I'm doing. I have no interest in trying to silence your nor "Kahn's" hate speech, but I will call it for what it is.
Neither of you are positive representations of your respective religions.
I know the truth is generally hard to accept but I have never written anything equal to the insults or tone you have written here in your comments. You say you point out truth, fair enough, but you do so with the tone and aggression of an angry person. I have pointed out what appears to be inconsistencies or lies and I have done so in a respectful manner.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#110 Feb 2, 2013
What popular theism hasn't been perpetuated without the cost of human rights and the deaths of innocent multitudes in its virulent spread around the world? None.
Dude

Warrenton, VA

#111 Feb 3, 2013
YdueEye wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the truth is generally hard to accept but I have never written anything equal to the insults or tone you have written here in your comments. You say you point out truth, fair enough, but you do so with the tone and aggression of an angry person. I have pointed out what appears to be inconsistencies or lies and I have done so in a respectful manner.
It's so hard to accept, you refuse to. Perhaps you interpret my deliberate tone as angry, but you couldn't be further from the truth. You seem to believe that by exposing you for a liar that perverts the historical context of Abrahamic religions to suit your agenda as disrespectful. I'm sure that those that are practicing Muslims found your posts equally disrespectful. I'm not trying to defend or attack any religion. Religion gives a lot of people peace, strength, and community; I wouldn't want to take the good that it does from anyone, but none are free from reproach.
Pari

Islamabad, Pakistan

#112 Feb 5, 2013
Very good
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#114 Feb 6, 2013
Khan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2010/06/29... -****/
This article sums up what modern India is all about, written by a fairly progressive fellow named Sean Kelley. Iíve been studying India for a while now, and the more I study it, the angrier I get. India, quite simply, sucks. Sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks and then sucks some more. I donít know how long this shittiness has been going on, maybe forever. When the British first showed up, they were appalled. They tried to civilize the place, but the small-c conservative Indians kept objecting to getting civilized.
What sucks? India sucks. What about it sucks?
First of all, the state.
The Indian state has sucked Devilís balls in Hell from Day One, birthed in blood-soaked imperial and neo-colonial sin like America, Australia and Israel, with even less of an excuse, as a long-abused colony themselves. Now, via alliances with imperialist America, the UK and Israel, India seems to be aping the worst aspects of its former imperialist and colonialist master. Like a crime victim going on a killing spree. Of all the ways to react.
The **** nature of the Indian state is of course rooted in Indian society, as all states are rooted in the cultural formations of their societies. The Indian state sucks because Indian society sucks.
Well then, I wouldn't advise you to go there. May I suggest Yemen? It's the center of human trafficking and underage sex slavery for Muslim men on the Arabian Peninsula...or you could just go into one of the many, many, many openly "secret" homosexual clubs that adorns the middle east. You hate it here so much, feel free to leave, please
sez you

Richmond, VA

#115 Feb 6, 2013
Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry dude, if she says Islam is peaceful, she is not following the tennants of Islam. On the other hand it is okay for them to lie and be deceitful. Read the Koran and see how peaceful it is. Read some of the history of may I suggest, "Tea for Terrorists." I am a christian and when Jesus was being tortured and had to carry the cross, did not preach hate of His persecutors, He was doing what God had sent Him to do, being a light unto salvation. Don't see that happening in Islam.
Oh but yes they are, martardom and 62 virgins are a great motivator to spread the word of Islam.
hitem

Fork Union, VA

#116 Feb 6, 2013
I g they will worship satan next
Ralf

Waynesboro, VA

#117 Feb 7, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>There is no tolerant religon, or should we consider the crusades, witch trials, active proselytizing by the sword, and the hundreds of thousands of Jews massacred in the name of Christianity tolerant? Let's just hope Islam evolves, or at least stops getting used by bad people to do bad things
Agree. In many respects we are talking more about culture and its current placement in history. Parts of some cultures (bound as they are to religion) are several centuries behind today's world.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#118 Feb 7, 2013
Ralf wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. In many respects we are talking more about culture and its current placement in history. Parts of some cultures (bound as they are to religion) are several centuries behind today's world.
Alas this IS todays world, the difference being some areas have progressed a little further along than others.
hitem

Fork Union, VA

#119 Feb 7, 2013
We can be so proud as a society these days, while our country crumbles to third world status as clinton bush obama planned it.
Hey muslims that say unbelievers are infidels, i wipe my butt with quran
Janjoa

Islamabad, Pakistan

#120 Feb 10, 2013
The person who has no understanind about Islam should not interpret wrongly as it had been don in the West.
Janjoa

Islamabad, Pakistan

#121 Feb 10, 2013
hitem:
Can you do the same with Bibal, to Muslims Bibal and Jesus are respectable and will be.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#122 Feb 10, 2013
Janjoa wrote:
The person who has no understanind about Islam should not interpret wrongly as it had been don in the West.
"And be steadfast in prayer and regular in charity: And whatever good you send forth for your souls before you, you shall find it with Allah. for Allah sees well all that you do."
~Qur'an 2:110
Whether you show what is within yourselves or conceal it, Allah will hold you to account for it.
~Qur'an 2:284
Truly He knows the secret and what is even more hidden.
~Qur'an 20:7
"lo! those who believe and do good works are the best of created beings."
~Qur'an 98:7
Dancing in the streets while mass murders blow up buildings, and advocating the chopping off of women's noses is how outsiders see your religion. You want it to be seen as a religion of peace and tolerance, show it and advocate for it. I know that Islam isnít the only religion that is guilty of atrocities, but each religion has its representatives. Right now, in the public spot light, yours isnít looking too good.
Janjoa

Islamabad, Pakistan

#123 Feb 10, 2013
Dude:
I am glad you quoted the ritght verses of Quran, Again it is Quranic order and Islam's teaching those are killing women, men and children, they ahve fundamental and traditional mind set and we need to fight aganist these all anti religion thinking.
Janjoa

Islamabad, Pakistan

#124 Feb 10, 2013
Dear Dude:" read it as "It is not Quranic, order and Islamic's teachings thsoe are killing women, men and childrens, they have fyndamental traditional mid set and we need to fight aganist these all anti religion thinking
Janjoa

Islamabad, Pakistan

#125 Feb 10, 2013
Dude:
What have you seen and mentioned is absolutely aganist Islam and its teachings, values and principles, this is what we need to understand about our real beliefs.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#126 Feb 10, 2013
Janjoa wrote:
Dude:
I am glad you quoted the ritght verses of Quran, Again it is Quranic order and Islam's teaching those are killing women, men and children, they ahve fundamental and traditional mind set and we need to fight aganist these all anti religion thinking.
"It may be that Allah will bring about love between you and those of them with whom you are now at enmity; and Allah is All-Powerful; and Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful."
~Quran 60:8
"Allah forbids you not, respecting those who have not fought against you on account of your religion, and who have not driven you forth from your homes, that you be kind to them and act equitably towards them; surely Allah loves those who are equitable."
~Quran 60:9
"Allah only forbids you, respecting those who have fought against you on account of your religion, and have driven you out of your homes, and have helped others in driving you out, that you make friends of them, and whosoever makes friends of them ó it is these that are the transgressors."
~Quran 60:10
"Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves.Ē
~Quran 13:11
"We but mirror the world. All the tendencies present in the outer world are to be found in the world of our body. If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. This is the divine mystery supreme. A wonderful thing it is and the source of our happiness. We need not wait to see what others do."
~Mahatma Gandhi
Teach peace, be at peace
Baqir

Islamabad, Pakistan

#127 Feb 11, 2013
True, agreed with Dude

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alexandria Restaurants May Go Smoke-Free (Mar '07) Mar 26 Schmones 35
News Virginia Senator Creigh Deeds receives 2015 Sta... Mar 22 humanspirit 2
News Norfolk's St. Patrick's Day parade is good gree... Mar 17 Uber-Bro of the U... 1
News How Did Fla. Therapist Accused of S&M with Pati... (May '14) Mar 12 Ian 3
News Iran accuses U.S. of hypocrisy in woman's execu... (Sep '10) Mar 12 xman 2
Age of consent in Virginia?? (Apr '07) Mar 4 Aries_ 106
News Virginia needs better ethics laws Feb '15 Russell Patton Davis 1
More from around the web