Governor McDonnell Requests Assistance for Derecho Storm - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, S...

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

Late Friday, Governor Bob McDonnell requested federal disaster assistance to reimburse local and state governments for their costs associated with responding to the widespread severe derecho wind storm that affected Virginia June 29-30 and the heavy thunderstorms with high winds and hail that occurred the evening of June 30 and the afternoon of ...
Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Jul 30, 2012
heh

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

better late than never I guess
hypocrit

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Judged:

Another fiscal conservative begging for federal handouts
buyerbeware

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

I'm betting the "Feds" (President Obama's Administration) will say NO again...remember the tornado/storm damage down in SW Va??? "Can't give none of them Repuglican Guvnah's any help..." There central va marine, said it for you...
heh

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

buyerbeware wrote:
I'm betting the "Feds" (President Obama's Administration) will say NO again...remember the tornado/storm damage down in SW Va??? "Can't give none of them Repuglican Guvnah's any help..." There central va marine, said it for you...
I'll take that bet. He can't afford to lose swing state votes with the polls so close.
How much?
Smart

Palmyra, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Judged:

NO! States can take care of their own cleanup! Why make the government bigger, or increase the debt even more.

Long live Ron Paul!
Dave

Linthicum Heights, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

I was glad to see that he is going ask the Federal Goverment to help cover some of the damage, but as soon a Odumo see's it is from Va and a Republican Governor, he will stamp a big old NO WAY IN HELL on that request and laught. But let it be from a democratic governor and state and HELL YES. If the American people dont get Odumo out of the white house in Nov, we all are going to be in trouble. ust saying.. and if you dont like this statement, who cares .
central va marine

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

"buyerbeware" thank you for saving me the time and energy of composing a post. At my age I need all of the help I can get

I really wondered why Gov Bobbie had not requested help earlier. But then during an addled ahh=haa moment I remembered "The Administration" waited 3 weeks to get started on earthquake help in Mineral. Bobbie must have waited that period of time on purpose.

Oh wait. King Eric said; "no Federal funds for Mineral without offsets", then sent a letter to FEMA stating funds were found. Three weeks later.

Thanks "buyerbeware". will return the favor soon.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

buyerbeware wrote:
Faster than you thought?
Guv can get back to campaigning for his next job. We'll pay his salary while he's away.
Dude

Remington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

hypocrit wrote:
Another fiscal conservative begging for federal handouts
A spade is a spade
Dude

Remington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

buyerbeware wrote:
Good call
Dude

Remington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Smart wrote:
NO! States can take care of their own cleanup! Why make the government bigger, or increase the debt even more.
Long live Ron Paul!
Exactly, at least he democrats don't pretend to be what they aren't.
bummer

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

At least someone cares
Smart

Waldorf, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Now Virginia can add to the federal defecit. Shame on you McDonnell.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Virginia Government Discussions

Search the Virginia Government Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GOP can regain control of Senate in 2014, says ... Jul 20 swedenforever 13
Redskins Hire Liberal Blogger to Fight Name-Cha... Jun 29 indian welfares 1
High stakes in southwest senate election Jun 29 Hes a walking coronary 3
Va. House Republicans fire opening salvo in Med... Jun 26 Billy Ringo 7
'War on Women' draws return fire targeting men'... (Mar '12) Jun 24 Hugo 58
Red or blue, Virginia still the "little blue pi... (Mar '10) Jun '14 Ronnie 18
Virginia is for Lovers* (Apr '10) Jun '14 Jose 18
•••
•••