SL Chamber says immigration law works, calls for civility

Jan 21, 2012 Full story: KSL-TV 7

Utah's falling unemployment rate shows that the state's balanced approach to illegal immigration is working, and should not be repealed, according to state business leaders.

Full Story

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#1 Jan 22, 2012
So Alabama's law is working and now Utah's law is working. What does that tell you? ALL states should pass these laws and that will send illegal aliens home and put citizens and legal residents back to work.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#2 Jan 22, 2012
Just what we've all been saying. Take away the incentives to live here and these criminal parasites will leave.
Exactly

Omaha, NE

#3 Jan 22, 2012
Thus the reason Obojo's DOJ is suing the states, as they see the writing on the wall, LAWS WORK!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4 Jan 22, 2012
i have a problem with making more guest worker programs. we have enough, if anything there needs to be a way to remove all new comers that are not working or never have worked while here.

where my wife used to work in ca,here was their choices after the new boss took over. all workers drop back down to min wage or find another job being he has visa workers.

threatening employees with these new folks should be illegal,they was not needed,unless a tool to threaten folks is needed.
Athena

Washington, UT

#5 Jan 22, 2012
No the laws are not working. Utah is fighting a guestworker amnesty program we are trying to have repealed. We still have a door open and it is working against us. We have illegals growing pot in our mountains and still to many illegals utilizing our schools,hospitals,braking laws on all levels. We want the law repealed and federal laws to be enforced. Our state legislators pulled a fast one on us and we are going to fight to have it repealed no matter what the employment stats are showing. Obama and Nappy want us all to ignore vast numbers of people who are here who have not committed"serious" crimes,and the state wants us accept a path to amnesty BYO guestworker status. Now you tell me what part of NO they are missing?
These are all low income workers,making rich folks richer while we the workers(some still unemployed) pay vast amounts,or sacrifice for services for these people in order to fill the Churches and make the rich richer. How dang dumb do you think we are?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6 Jan 22, 2012
Athena wrote:
No the laws are not working. Utah is fighting a guestworker amnesty program we are trying to have repealed. We still have a door open and it is working against us. We have illegals growing pot in our mountains and still to many illegals utilizing our schools,hospitals,braking laws on all levels. We want the law repealed and federal laws to be enforced. Our state legislators pulled a fast one on us and we are going to fight to have it repealed no matter what the employment stats are showing. Obama and Nappy want us all to ignore vast numbers of people who are here who have not committed"serious" crimes,and the state wants us accept a path to amnesty BYO guestworker status. Now you tell me what part of NO they are missing?
These are all low income workers,making rich folks richer while we the workers(some still unemployed) pay vast amounts,or sacrifice for services for these people in order to fill the Churches and make the rich richer. How dang dumb do you think we are?
it seems to me the gov is and has been doing the same things as illegal aliens have,taking on the "what are you going to do about it" additude. and by the looks of things very little if any.

what can we do until we find a way to make sure every single vote cast is that of a legal citizen that has the right to vote without this fruad is ruling the elections.
ima

El Paso, TX

#7 Jan 23, 2012
Why wouldn't it work? BUT IT WON'T WORK IF LAWS AREN'T ENFORCED!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's got your vote in the Utah State Treasurer... 13 hr Topix Polls 0
Who's got your vote in the Utah State Auditor r... 13 hr Topix Polls 0
NEA president: Don't punish teachers with test ... Oct 17 dJw 1
Who are you voting for in the Utah Governor race? Oct 17 Topix Polls 0
Who are you voting for in the Utah Lieutenant G... Oct 17 Topix Polls 0
Utah to appeal ruling in 'Sister Wives' case Oct 14 N8 the Grrr8 2
SOS - PLEASE HELP!! Crowd Funding - 4 - GREECE... Oct 2 XAC 1

Utah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE