Editorial: Illegal immigration

Editorial: Illegal immigration

There are 40 comments on the Salt Lake Tribune story from Feb 10, 2011, titled Editorial: Illegal immigration. In it, Salt Lake Tribune reports that:

It turns out that dragooning local police officers into the business of checking everyone's citizenship when they are stopped for something else could cost local governments in Utah a lot of money.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salt Lake Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Betteryet

Heber City, UT

#21 Feb 17, 2011
MrPragmatic wrote:
My wife told me an illegal lady with no insurance dropped triplets in the hospital she works at recently. To a wetback, that's like walking up to a slot machine, pulling the lever and watching as 7-7-7 rolls up. Looks like she has it made for the next 18 years at the expense of the American taxpayers. And I'm supposed to tolerate this?
Celebrate life !
Or wallow in your pathetic and disgusting racism.
You are free to choose, amigo !
Desert Rat

Silver Springs, NV

#22 Feb 17, 2011
Betteryet wrote:
<quoted text>
Celebrate life !
Yet another instance of a dimwit playing that tattered old race card because he's just too damned stupid to come up with a valid argument.
Betteryet

Heber City, UT

#23 Feb 17, 2011
Desert Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another instance of a dimwit playing that tattered old race card because he's just too damned stupid to come up with a valid argument.
Guess what ratboy ? "wetback" is still a racist term, even if you want to pretend that racism is a thing of the past. When people out themselves, and then get called on it, it is proof that the "race card" is NOT old and tattered, but very much alive and active. It makes your statement that much more absurd.
I mentioned before that racists are supposed to be pretending that they are no longer racists, but some of you dolts just don't seem to understand plain English.

“Keeping It Real”

Since: Sep 10

Whittier, California

#24 Feb 17, 2011
Betteryet is just another anchor baby trying to advocate freebies for his brood. I bet his parents have lived here for 20 years yet still can't spell "cat" if you spotted them the "c" and the "t".

I've mentioned in other threads that I am an American of hispanic descent, so calling me a racist is laughable. My ancestors had the decency to immigrate the right way 5 generations ago. Then again, if wanting my borders closed and all the maggots that slithered in illegally deported makes me a racist, so be it. I have no problem with that.
Betteryet

Heber City, UT

#25 Feb 17, 2011
MrPragmatic wrote:
Betteryet is just another anchor baby trying to advocate freebies for his brood. I bet his parents have lived here for 20 years yet still can't spell "cat" if you spotted them the "c" and the "t".
I've mentioned in other threads that I am an American of hispanic descent, so calling me a racist is laughable. My ancestors had the decency to immigrate the right way 5 generations ago. Then again, if wanting my borders closed and all the maggots that slithered in illegally deported makes me a racist, so be it. I have no problem with that.
What a piece of work is man.
If I were an anchor baby, I would be a citizen, and so would my "brood", dumbasz.
btw - 5 generations ago, there were no immigration laws.
If you choose to use racist terms then you should not cry when people call you a racist. How hard is that to understand?
wibauxwoman

Layton, UT

#26 Feb 17, 2011
Betteryet wrote:
<quoted text>
Celebrate life !
You, sir, are a jerk. I bet you don't even pay taxes, so why try to put down the people who do. Those of us who work and do pay taxes have a right to complain about illegal aliens sucking up the resources meant for legal citizens. We celebrate life. Just not the ones taking advantage of our welfare system. You call us racists. I call you a traitor. If you think we are so bad, why not move to Mexico? I bet they will love you down there. Oh wait. You will have to have an income (not earned down thee) before they will let you stay.

“Keeping It Real”

Since: Sep 10

Whittier, California

#28 Feb 17, 2011
Betteryet wrote:
<quoted text>
What a piece of work is man.
If I were an anchor baby, I would be a citizen, and so would my "brood", dumbasz.
btw - 5 generations ago, there were no immigration laws.
If you choose to use racist terms then you should not cry when people call you a racist. How hard is that to understand?
All that huffing and puffing after I told you I don't care being labeled a racist if it meant ridding the U.S.A. of illegal scum. Who's crying? You, that's who. You know the jig is up for all your illegal kin because U.S. Citizens are tired of supporting the worthless sacks of flesh that disregard our nation's sovereignty and suck up our already depleted resources. Get a grip, fool. You're not fooling anyone here.
Desert Rat

Silver Springs, NV

#29 Feb 17, 2011
Betteryet wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess what ratboy ? "wetback" is still a racist term, even if you want to pretend that racism is a thing of the past. When people out themselves, and then get called on it, it is proof that the "race card" is NOT old and tattered, but very much alive and active. It makes your statement that much more absurd.
I mentioned before that racists are supposed to be pretending that they are no longer racists, but some of you dolts just don't seem to understand plain English.
More bullshit from a simpleminded lying sack of shit, desperate to justify his support of foreign criminal trash.
sterco

Bozeman, MT

#32 Feb 17, 2011
You are losing beaners. BIG TIME...GO HOME AND COME BACK LEGAL. Don't forget the TURDITTOS!!!
sterco

Bozeman, MT

#33 Feb 17, 2011
sterco

Bozeman, MT

#35 Feb 17, 2011
HANG ON BEANERS THE RIDE HOME IS GONNA GET REAL ROUGH!!!
Betteryet

Heber City, UT

#36 Feb 17, 2011
wibauxwoman wrote:
<quoted text>You, sir, are a jerk. I bet you don't even pay taxes, so why try to put down the people who do. Those of us who work and do pay taxes have a right to complain about illegal aliens sucking up the resources meant for legal citizens. We celebrate life. Just not the ones taking advantage of our welfare system. You call us racists. I call you a traitor. If you think we are so bad, why not move to Mexico? I bet they will love you down there. Oh wait. You will have to have an income (not earned down thee) before they will let you stay.
HAHAHA !!!!
At least I graduated to "sir". I like it when you call me "sir".
AND - you are wrong AGAIN ! I do work (two jobs) and pay taxes too. You can't seem to peg me, no matter how many times you try. Maybe you should give up trying to guess if people are citizens or not, have served or not, have jobs or not. Since I pay taxes, does that mean you are not supposed to put me down ? Or does that only work one way ? You think paying taxes makes you special ? HAHAHAHAHA. Sorry, ma'am, but it don't.
Of course you have a "right" to complain about any dunderheaded topic you wish to. The world is full of whiney babies. Cry all you want, but it won't improve anything. And, I never called you a racist, only those who are using racial epithets. If I think you are so bad, it doesn't mean I should move, it means you should learn and grow, and understand just a little bit more about humanity, and how hate and anger denigrate us all. Maybe learning a little history would help, too. Then you would be less bad, which would be good for everyone.

I guess I should leave you funny people alone. You don't know how to argue or debate, and all you really want to do join together for a little "two minute hate". It's way too easy to use your own words to make you look like idiots. I just have a very big problem with racists, being that I am a proud American citizen, and a decent human being.

PS_ I still haven't heard much about e-Verify from your crowd, maybe one guy. Don't you think that illegal hiring is something that should be adressed? Maybe if you spent a little tiny bit of time writing to your glorious republican legislature and governor, begging for e-Verify, they would write back (and say they don't want to regulate business). Don't you realize you are being played by the politicians and the businesses that bring in undocumented workers? Played, as in SUCKERS ! Divided and conquered, so nothing will change. But you get all angrified if someone calls you on it. Too bad, so sad.
Aleksandra

Hanover, PA

#38 Feb 18, 2011
American Eagle wrote:
<quoted text>You fail to mention the opportunity is at the costs of American taxpayers. what about the American people who are going without just so your illegal aliens can collect welfare, etc.?
Oh...and a percentage American citizens don't collect welfare because they're too lazy to get a job or don't want to spend their cocaine profits on some frozen burgers for their 200 pound kids?
For some reason, I thought that was a plausible concept.
Oh me!

Illegals work their asses off for less than minimum wage.
Aleksandra

Hanover, PA

#39 Feb 18, 2011
wibauxwoman wrote:
<quoted text>Our country has been invaded by illegal immigrants from south of the border. An act of war in any other country. I contend with them everyday. They have no respect for our country, laws, flag, culture or language. Their children think Spanish should be the language spoken in our schools. Most of the people caught shoplifting in the business where I work are Hispanic. They get the majority of their groceries from the food pantry and food stamps (on which no taxes are paid), and use the cash side to buy their beer and cigarettes. Most wear expensive gold jewelry (even the small children and babies), tattoos and acrylic finger nails. Most drive better cars than legal citizens. They have taken jobs from people in construction, manufacturing, auto repaid and maintenance. This is not diversity. It's takeover. I, for one, am determined to see that it doesn't happen. I'm tired of supporting them. Also, you seem to be fond of calling people who oppose illegal aliens "racists". I consider us patriots.
Well for one America has no official language, so welcome Spanish in schools! A foreign language should be required!
Gold jewelry, acrylic finger nails, yeah for the cholas maybe, and they get them at the dollar store. Real pricey, sister.

"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves."
wibauxwoman

Layton, UT

#40 Feb 18, 2011
Aleksandra wrote:
<quoted text>
Well for one America has no official language, so welcome Spanish in schools! A foreign language should be required!
Gold jewelry, acrylic finger nails, yeah for the cholas maybe, and they get them at the dollar store. Real pricey, sister.
The good citizens of Utah voted English as our official language. The Mexican Civil Liberty Union (ACLU) didn't challenge it. Don't care what the gold jewelry (and it's not cheap dollar stuff), acrylic nails and tattoos (which are also not cheap) cost, the legal, taxpaying citizens pick up the tab for them by paying most of the living expenses for the ILLEGAL aliens. What part of illegal don't you get? What part of FED UP don't you get?
wibauxwoman

Layton, UT

#41 Feb 18, 2011
Aleksandra wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me one illegal who works their ass off, and I'll show you ten who have been coached on how to beat the system.
wibauxwoman

Layton, UT

#42 Feb 18, 2011
Betteryet wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHA !!!!
At least I graduated to "sir". I like it when you call me "sir".
AND - you are wrong AGAIN ! I do work (two jobs) and pay taxes too. You can't seem to peg me, no matter how many times you try. Maybe you should give up trying to guess if people are citizens or not, have served or not, have jobs or not. Since I pay taxes, does that mean you are not supposed to put me down ? Or does that only work one way ? You think paying taxes makes you special ? HAHAHAHAHA. Sorry, ma'am, but it don't.
Of course you have a "right" to complain about any dunderheaded topic you wish to. The world is full of whiney babies. Cry all you want, but it won't improve anything. And, I never called you a racist, only those who are using racial epithets. If I think you are so bad, it doesn't mean I should move, it means you should learn and grow, and understand just a little bit more about humanity, and how hate and anger denigrate us all. Maybe learning a little history would help, too. Then you would be less bad, which would be good for everyone.
I guess I should leave you funny people alone. You don't know how to argue or debate, and all you really want to do join together for a little "two minute hate". It's way too easy to use your own words to make you look like idiots. I just have a very big problem with racists, being that I am a proud American citizen, and a decent human being.
PS_ I still haven't heard much about e-Verify from your crowd, maybe one guy. Don't you think that illegal hiring is something that should be adressed? Maybe if you spent a little tiny bit of time writing to your glorious republican legislature and governor, begging for e-Verify, they would write back (and say they don't want to regulate business). Don't you realize you are being played by the politicians and the businesses that bring in undocumented workers? Played, as in SUCKERS ! Divided and conquered, so nothing will change. But you get all angrified if someone calls you on it. Too bad, so sad.
I still peg you as a jerk. And I will call you "Sir" only because you objected to being called "Lady". And I have you pegged alright. You are just another person who has taken advantage of the things that Utah, and the United States have to offer, and now all you want to do is put down the people who don't like illegal aliens taking jobs and sucking up resources. In other words, you are biting the hands that are feeding you. Prove me wrong.
Desert Rat

Silver Springs, NV

#43 Feb 18, 2011
Aleksandra wrote:
<quoted text>
Great idea, but not a third-world language like Spanish. Pick something useful in the modern world like Japanese, Russian, or German.
Betteryet

Heber City, UT

#44 Feb 19, 2011
wibauxwoman wrote:
<quoted text>I still peg you as a jerk. And I will call you "Sir" only because you objected to being called "Lady". And I have you pegged alright. You are just another person who has taken advantage of the things that Utah, and the United States have to offer, and now all you want to do is put down the people who don't like illegal aliens taking jobs and sucking up resources. In other words, you are biting the hands that are feeding you. Prove me wrong.
Actually, I'm done. Your lack of debating skills makes you boring. Just to follow your own words (again), when I argue with you, I am not biting the hand that feeds me, because you don't feed me. If you meant something different, you explained it poorly, again. I served, I work, I pay taxes and provide for my family, and I have a different opinion than you do. That makes me a jerk, a traitor, an alien,or whatever else. You seem to be focused on the superficial (fingernails???), and rely on exaggeration to make a point. That says a lot. You appear to have no opinion on e-Verify, and insist that jobs are "taken" instead of "offered". Have you ever been on a job interview and said, "I am taking this job !" Or is that decision in the hands of the hiring manager? Who has the power and the decision making authority in hiring - the worker or the employer? e-Verify is how we make sure applicants can be legally hired. e-Verify is not a mandatory program. It could be, but conservative politicians and employers in Utah do not want it to be mandatory. Who is responsible for illegal hiring? The politicians and employers. Go after the real problem. Or don't. When people choose an enemy in the powerless, rather than the powerful (who actually control things) it reveals a lot about what kind of person they are. What kind of person attacks the weak, or pushes around the powerless? Yeah, a bully. Bullies are cowards. Look at the comments of the people who agree with you - half are violent racists. Is that your crowd?
You don't even know who your real enemy is, even though this has been pointed out over and over again. You don't seem interested in simple facts, and would rather just vent your empty anger. Your real enemy has the power to change things, but won't because the current situation benefits them. Call your congressman if you want to make a difference.
wibauxwoman

Layton, UT

#45 Feb 19, 2011
Betteryet wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I'm done. Your lack of debating skills makes you boring. Just to follow your own words (again), when I argue with you, I am not biting the hand that feeds me, because you don't feed me. If you meant something different, you explained it poorly, again. I served, I work, I pay taxes and provide for my family, and I have a different opinion than you do. That makes me a jerk, a traitor, an alien,or whatever else. You seem to be focused on the superficial (fingernails???), and rely on exaggeration to make a point. That says a lot. You appear to have no opinion on e-Verify, and insist that jobs are "taken" instead of "offered". Have you ever been on a job interview and said, "I am taking this job !" Or is that decision in the hands of the hiring manager? Who has the power and the decision making authority in hiring - the worker or the employer? e-Verify is how we make sure applicants can be legally hired. e-Verify is not a mandatory program. It could be, but conservative politicians and employers in Utah do not want it to be mandatory. Who is responsible for illegal hiring? The politicians and employers. Go after the real problem. Or don't. When people choose an enemy in the powerless, rather than the powerful (who actually control things) it reveals a lot about what kind of person they are. What kind of person attacks the weak, or pushes around the powerless? Yeah, a bully. Bullies are cowards. Look at the comments of the people who agree with you - half are violent racists. Is that your crowd?
You don't even know who your real enemy is, even though this has been pointed out over and over again. You don't seem interested in simple facts, and would rather just vent your empty anger. Your real enemy has the power to change things, but won't because the current situation benefits them. Call your congressman if you want to make a difference.
You need to wake up and smell the coffee, roses, whatever. Anyone who invades our country IS the enemy. And, I have called and written my congressmen, both federal and state. Better yet, I VOTED. How about you? Also, I don't have empty rage. I pick my battles. And you want to talk bullies? How about the Latino jerks who tried to intimidate Rep Sandstrom by vandalizing his property and sending him death threaths? You served what? Certainly not our military because the oath upon entering the service is to "protect our country from all enemies both foreigh and domestic". And whose job did you take so they can't feed their family? If you're here illegally, you are either using someone else's SSN or you are paying no taxes because you are paid under the table. Either way, you're a mooch. Am I a racist? Well, I didn't used to be, but I am now only I consider myself a patriot. You question my debating skills, but I am also having trouble matching wits with an unarmed person, such as yourself. You seem to think you are so smart, but smart is as smart does so just keep ranting and show everyone how intelligent you think you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utah Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News APNewsBreak: Utaha s anesthesia abortion law un... Feb '17 Hostis Publicus 2
News Poll: Utahns support Trump plan to deport law-b... (Dec '16) Jan '17 HEY HEY HO HO ALL... 11
News Obama Declares Bears Ears National Monument Whi... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Le Jimbo 4
News Poll: Utahns support deporting undocumented imm... (Dec '16) Dec '16 spytheweb 3
News Op-ed: Rooftop solar's worth? Don't forget the ... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Solarman 1
News Letter: Disheartening lack of judge diversity (Jun '16) Aug '16 judicial 7
News Utahns' enthusiastic embrace of solar power cou... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Solarman 1
More from around the web