West Valley teen facing deportation a...

West Valley teen facing deportation a poster boy for immigration reform

There are 73 comments on the KSTU - Fox 13 story from Jan 21, 2011, titled West Valley teen facing deportation a poster boy for immigration reform. In it, KSTU - Fox 13 reports that:

While David Morales, 18, was on a bus to attend bible school, he was stopped by customs agents and was arrested for residing in the U.S. illegally.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSTU - Fox 13.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Digthat

Aurora, CO

#61 Feb 4, 2011
Independent patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I don't have any more time to waste on you or your nonsense. Go be contentious for the sake of contention with your mom. She probably thinks it's cute. Some advice: don't quit your manual labor day job. You won't make it on thinking, logic or reason.
Ha ! Even curious George agrees with me.

http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2011/02/03/ge...
Twist and bamba

Bothell, WA

#62 Feb 5, 2011
AmberDru wrote:
Why isn't the rest of his illegal alien family being deported?
They have no legal means to make money so what have they been doing all these years?
He can spread the word in his own country.
They have been harvesting your crops so you don't have to pay for a tomato what you pay for a doctor appointment.
AmberDru

Dublin, OH

#63 Feb 5, 2011
Twist and bamba wrote:
<quoted text>
They have been harvesting your crops so you don't have to pay for a tomato what you pay for a doctor appointment.
That's stupid.

Only about 4% of illegals work on farms.

Economist have shown that even if Ag wages were raised- which won't happen as long as there are illegal workers- it would cost the average American family about $8.00 a year.

Illegal workers bring down the wages of legal workers, even legal immigrant workers.

There is no reason for illegals to ever be hired.

The number of Ag visas is UNLIMITED.

That was done under W.
Mona

Seattle, WA

#64 Feb 5, 2011
To: Twist and... "They have been harvesting your crops so you don't have to pay for a tomato what you pay for a doctor appointment."

Reply: I agree with AmberDru! Illegal aliens over value themselves. They think they are vital to the workings and success of the US, but what they don't realize is that we have been a country for over 200 years, and a super power for approximately 75...without Mexicans! They come up with a boycott that they called, "A Day Without Mexicans." Did anyone notice?!!!

Twist..., what you don't realize is that food prices are getting ready to sour unreasonably...with or without the FEW Mexicans who work the fields, and don't steal other jobs!

Sorry, the longer you stay, the more you lose!
also a Vet

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#65 Apr 4, 2011
Afghan - Iraq Vet wrote:
Every one is a Immigration poster Boy or Girl. All have sad stories to tell. Many ask for asylum after being caught. But the bottom line is that they illegally entered our Country and are living off tax payers. We as a nation do not owe them anything. No compassion here, Deport now.
You are just a *ucking jerk My grandfather was from Germany came to the United States and enlisted in the Army and fought in WW2 he retired after 23 years. In 1983 he was deported back to Germany where he died 2 days later. It took my sister and I 15 years to get his body back here so he could be berried next to my grandmother he had always paid taxes state and federal! Shame on any one who treats a war hero in this manner or any illegal immigrant! you should be embarrass calling your self a Vet

“It matters but not very much”

Since: Oct 07

Houston, TX

#66 Apr 5, 2011
Twist and bamba wrote:
<quoted text>
They have been stealing jobs from honest, legal workers - that's what illegals have done and that's all they really do - for their own benefit and to satify their own greed.

Bullcrap about cheap tomatoes. No one needs to eat tomatoes. Personally, I'd never eat another tomato for the rest of my life if it meant that ALL illegal alien criminals would be deported as soon as humanly possible.
Free is free

Santa Fe, NM

#67 Apr 5, 2011
We all have a sob story. Boo freakin hoo. Now, pack your things and GTFO.
Lone Nut

Heber City, UT

#68 Apr 6, 2011
Independent patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
They have been stealing jobs from honest, legal workers - that's what illegals have done and that's all they really do - for their own benefit and to satify their own greed.
Bullcrap about cheap tomatoes. No one needs to eat tomatoes. Personally, I'd never eat another tomato for the rest of my life if it meant that ALL illegal alien criminals would be deported as soon as humanly possible.
WOW ! You win the prize for the Lunatic of the Week !

Jobs offers are given, and only after that, are they accepted or rejected. One cannot "steal" a job, since the employer has 100% control over whom is hired, worked, and paid. You should direct your irrational anger at illegal employers.

Of course, cheap labor means cheap products. Take a basic economics course.

Your opinion on what people need to eat is completely irrelevant. You can stop eating tomatoes today, if you want to make a statement. In fact, you can stop eating all kinds of unnecessary produce. You can even stop eating meat, eggs, and poultry - much of which is processed by undocumented workers. Go on a hunger strike - that'll show 'em. Get all your little racist buddies to join you, which will benefit everyone. Others can choose to eat what they wish. No ?

“It matters but not very much”

Since: Oct 07

Houston, TX

#69 Apr 7, 2011
Lone Nut wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW ! You win the prize for the Lunatic of the Week !
Jobs offers are given, and only after that, are they accepted or rejected. One cannot "steal" a job, since the employer has 100% control over whom is hired, worked, and paid. You should direct your irrational anger at illegal employers.
Of course, cheap labor means cheap products. Take a basic economics course.
Your opinion on what people need to eat is completely irrelevant. You can stop eating tomatoes today, if you want to make a statement. In fact, you can stop eating all kinds of unnecessary produce. You can even stop eating meat, eggs, and poultry - much of which is processed by undocumented workers. Go on a hunger strike - that'll show 'em. Get all your little racist buddies to join you, which will benefit everyone. Others can choose to eat what they wish. No ?
Of course people can steal jobs - illegals undercut honest laborers by working for less overall. Yes, employers who hire illegals are criminal, but they couldn't be if illegals weren't prostituting themselves. No supply, no demand. It works both ways. Illegals can and should be blamed for their intentional criminal activities here.

Everyone (except you, apparently) knows that labor costs don't impact the price of produce as much as transportation, climate change, storage, product development/production, and shrinkage/spoilage do, sparky. Get a clue. Farm labor has always been cheap.

Oh, and as for your 'racist' rant:

"One of the ‘founders’ of the Reconquista (reconquer) Movement some years back said:“We call things RACISM just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to RACISM, not because IT IS RACISM, but because it works.” Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant, as quoted by Richard de Uriarte, The Phoenix Gazette, March 14, 1992 (quoted in The ProEnglish Advocate, 1st Quarter, 2002)."
Lone Nut

Heber City, UT

#70 Apr 8, 2011
So, when are you going on hunger strike against those greedy tomato pickers ?
wibauxwoman

Centerville, UT

#71 Apr 13, 2011
Oldtimer wrote:
<quoted text>
What a judgmental jerk. You are completely ignorant, and completely nasty.
You seem filled to overflowing with hatred. No wonder people suspect your ilk of being nothing more than racists looking for a weak target.
Of course these are human beings, just like you and me. This star pupil was on his way to bible school. Does that fit the description you provided? Not hardly.
You must be someone who is an illegal immigrant, married to one or otherwise related to one, dating one or someone who hires one. OR a butt-kisser for the LDS church. I don't care that the little jerk was on his way to bible school. Why didn't he go back to Mexico and apply to come into this country as a LEGAL immigrant? Anyone who illegally invades this country deserves every bad thing that happens to them. I didn't send all three of my children to war so that our country can be invaded and taken over by a third-world country. Is this what our troops are dying for?
Lone Nut

Longmont, CO

#72 Apr 13, 2011
Why would you send your children off to kill and die? That's not being a good mother.
wibauxwoman

Centerville, UT

#73 Apr 14, 2011
Lone Nut wrote:
Why would you send your children off to kill and die? That's not being a good mother.
No, jerk. They went to war to defend this country. And while they were gone, it was invaded by illegal immigrants from south of the border. I consider myself and my children patriots, not a traitor like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utah Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News APNewsBreak: Utaha s anesthesia abortion law un... Feb '17 Hostis Publicus 2
News Poll: Utahns support Trump plan to deport law-b... (Dec '16) Jan '17 HEY HEY HO HO ALL... 13
News Obama Declares Bears Ears National Monument Whi... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Le Jimbo 4
News Poll: Utahns support deporting undocumented imm... (Dec '16) Dec '16 spytheweb 3
News Op-ed: Rooftop solar's worth? Don't forget the ... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Solarman 1
News Letter: Disheartening lack of judge diversity (Jun '16) Aug '16 judicial 7
News Utahns' enthusiastic embrace of solar power cou... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Solarman 1
More from around the web