RONNIE LEE GARDNER: Utah killer to be...

RONNIE LEE GARDNER: Utah killer to be executed by firing squad June 18

There are 5 comments on the Fox13Now story from May 24, 2010, titled RONNIE LEE GARDNER: Utah killer to be executed by firing squad June 18. In it, Fox13Now reports that:

Condemned killer Ronnie Lee Gardner will be put to death by firing squad. A judge in Salt Lake City's 3rd District Court signed a death warrant, setting an execution date of June 18 after rejecting a last-ditch effort to halt the execution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox13Now.

Confused

West Jordan, UT

#1 Jun 15, 2010
I am a christian at heart... It is so wierd to me that we could still do this. How can any man or woman shoot somebody to death for a crime. I know he killed an attorney that is not right. He shall be punished. Fireing squad?????? I guess he felt he needed to be shot due to him shooting someone. What goes around comes around? Just strange... This is going to be a big on TV.
Janadele

Australia

#2 Jun 15, 2010
The firing squad option was his choice. I would think an injection would be preferable, but he was given the choice.
Emile Zola

San Antonio, TX

#3 Jun 16, 2010
Confused wrote:
I am a christian at heart... It is so wierd to me that we could still do this. How can any man or woman shoot somebody to death for a crime. I know he killed an attorney that is not right. He shall be punished. Fireing squad?????? I guess he felt he needed to be shot due to him shooting someone. What goes around comes around? Just strange... This is going to be a big on TV.
You are a "Christian?" Think again. What part of Thou Shall ot Kill don't you understand? Christianity means forgiveness, putting the other cheek. If we are a "Christian" nation, then we should behave as such, not like the likes of China, Saudi Arabia and the rest of barbaric nations.
Marsha

Wooster, OH

#4 Jun 17, 2010
Look what he did he killed two people and injured one as well, now he wants people to give him a stay of execution. He should be put to death for his crimes, where was his mercy when he killed two people?? i get tired of these cold blooded killers getting a slap on the wrist for their crime all there attorneys do is make up excuses for their behavior and blame it on the fact that they did not get enough hugs from the parents. These excuses get tiresome. maybe if we carried out the death penalty there would be less crimes and people like Ronnie Lee Gardner..
Marsha

Wooster, OH

#5 Jun 17, 2010
As Christians we are suppose to be forgiving but i also think it is up to the state to decide what happens to these killers. Also why is it that you talk about forgiveness and that is all well and good but where was his compassion when he killed these people?? also,i think of the victims families why should he get life in prison have 3 square meals a day internet and have it made when his victims are dead they can't speak. I admit killing him will not make the heartache go away these victims famlies feel but it will bring closure i hope for them...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utah Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Letter: Disheartening lack of judge diversity Aug 9 ziotard watch 6
News Utahns' enthusiastic embrace of solar power cou... Jul '16 Solarman 1
News Gay rights law signed in Utah (Mar '15) May '16 UTbrother 7
News Utah unemployment rate at 3.5 percent Apr '16 Sneaky Pete 2
News If election were today, both Clinton and Sander... Mar '16 Question 4
News Utah anti-suicide coalition launches site to te... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Elise Gingersnick 1
News Report: Higher smoking, drinking among construc... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Sneaky Pete 1
More from around the web