Letters to the Editor, June 19-22, 20...

Letters to the Editor, June 19-22, 2010 - The Park Record

There are 3 comments on the Park Record story from Jun 19, 2010, titled Letters to the Editor, June 19-22, 2010 - The Park Record. In it, Park Record reports that:

Primaries are on June 22nd. The demographics of House District 25 lean in favor of Democrats, so whoever wins in the primary stands a good chance of winning in November.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Park Record.

Bob Derber

South Jordan, UT

#1 Jun 19, 2010
I am the author of the letter that appeared in this weeks Record concerning Jon Hellander. I have just got off the phone with Jon and feel quite ashamed with my letter. To the extent I can set the matter straight I wish to, not because it was demanded of me, but rather because it is the right thing to do.

Jon went with me point by point. His main bone was that I wrote the item without speaking with him first, and that this was unfair. He is correct, I do not know him, until tonight, yet this should have not stopped me from calling.

I want to state here and now that, after our conversation, this man walks the walk.

Jon, I was impressed with you taking my missive as a chance to call and set it strait. This you have done.

bob

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2 Jun 20, 2010
It takes great courage to put out the comment that Bob Derber did. Thank you for having that kind of courage. You are the kind of voter, the kind of citizen we all need to be. One that has tough questions, gets the answers, and then openly looks at how he could have done better. Thank you for your courage.
Conservative in Summit

Kamas, UT

#3 Jun 20, 2010
Jon Hellander was recently endorsed by the Republican Liberty Caucus. That says a lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utah Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay rights law signed in Utah (Mar '15) May 4 UTbrother 7
News Utah unemployment rate at 3.5 percent Apr '16 Sneaky Pete 2
News If election were today, both Clinton and Sander... Mar '16 Question 4
News Utah anti-suicide coalition launches site to te... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Elise Gingersnick 1
News Report: Higher smoking, drinking among construc... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Sneaky Pete 1
News NEA president: Don't punish teachers with test ... (Oct '14) May '15 Bob 9
News Couples celebrate one-year anniversary of same-... (Dec '14) May '15 goldstone report 4
More from around the web