FIRING SQUAD EXECUTION: Utah man faci...

FIRING SQUAD EXECUTION: Utah man facing firing squad moves to obser...

There are 52 comments on the WHNT News 19 story from Jun 17, 2010, titled FIRING SQUAD EXECUTION: Utah man facing firing squad moves to obser.... In it, WHNT News 19 reports that:

DRAPER, Utah - A Utah inmate facing a firing squad execution has been moved to an observation cell adjacent to the death chamber, the place where he will spend his final hours.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT News 19.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sick of Stupid

Burlington, NC

#1 Jun 17, 2010
It took 15 years? I live in North Carolina, and we have the same thing going on here. Appeal, after appeal. The victims get no appeal. I support the death penalty, but it will never be a deterrent until it is carried out swiftly. I do support not allowing it as a punishment if there is no physical or video surveillance evidence to prove guilt. That would eliminate the risk of executing an innocent person.
Stan and Kyle

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jun 17, 2010
I think it is unfair to the people who are doing the shooting. He is a bad man and the state has spoken. Don't let him pick. But it is to late. I wonder how you can get a job on the firing squad. Must be a weird interview process. Mr. Stan, do you enjoy shooting people? Sure. Is minimum wage fine? sure. After the execution is over do you get unemployment?Sure is easier than making sandwiches.
Kathryn

Hartselle, AL

#3 Jun 17, 2010
An eye for an eye
against death

Huntsville, AL

#4 Jun 17, 2010
I used to favor death penalty, but now I oppose it. God is merciful. The killer will get his justice for all eternity when he dies naturally. Let him rot in prison where he can be alone with his conscience.
notime4u

Bainbridge, GA

#5 Jun 17, 2010
An eye for an eye and one day we will all be blind.
guest

Huntsville, AL

#6 Jun 17, 2010
Stan and Kyle wrote:
I think it is unfair to the people who are doing the shooting. He is a bad man and the state has spoken. Don't let him pick. But it is to late. I wonder how you can get a job on the firing squad. Must be a weird interview process. Mr. Stan, do you enjoy shooting people? Sure. Is minimum wage fine? sure. After the execution is over do you get unemployment?Sure is easier than making sandwiches.
Check out how these squads are done! not all have live ammo
guest

Huntsville, AL

#7 Jun 17, 2010
against death wrote:
I used to favor death penalty, but now I oppose it. God is merciful. The killer will get his justice for all eternity when he dies naturally. Let him rot in prison where he can be alone with his conscience.
not all of us believe that.

Since: Nov 09

Cullman, AL

#8 Jun 17, 2010
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out how these squads are done! not all have live ammo
According to the reports there will be 5 members in the squad and only one will have a blank. That means 4 members will have live ammo. And that is from the news reports I have read.
against death

Huntsville, AL

#9 Jun 17, 2010
If you do not believe what I said then yes he deserves to die. Justice is served. Everyone who takes life deserves their own life to be taken. Agree?
Ninth Circuit

United States

#10 Jun 17, 2010
The Ninth Circuit Court in Denver just said NO to his appeal.

Just get it over whith!

Since: Nov 09

Cullman, AL

#11 Jun 17, 2010
against death wrote:
If you do not believe what I said then yes he deserves to die. Justice is served. Everyone who takes life deserves their own life to be taken. Agree?
No offense here, but then you also mean that if a soldier takes a life in combat then he deserves their own life to be taken. I mean the list goes on. You do have the right to be against the death penalty and I am not saying anything about that. I am just commenting on your sentence "Everyone who takes a life deserves their own life to be taken.
Tucky

Lexington, KY

#12 Jun 17, 2010
Great news that the Ninth Circuit Court said NO to his appeal!!! Of course he says he is a changed man...I am sure he has found the Lord too...that's what they all say on death row! WHATEVER! Enjoy your last day you pathetic piece of trash murderer! Bang! Bang! Bang!
Yuck

Auburn, AL

#13 Jun 17, 2010
against death wrote:
If you do not believe what I said then yes he deserves to die. Justice is served. Everyone who takes life deserves their own life to be taken. Agree?
I agree that every murderer deserves to die. What a moronic post. Do you think you're posting to children?
mountaingirl

United States

#14 Jun 17, 2010
When there is plenty of evidence that someone killed someone and they are put on death row they should go ahead and execute them then instead of letting them have appeals after appeals and letting taxpayers support them. My brother and two others were murdered in cold blood and he still sits in prison and we still have to support him so yes I go for the death sentence because the people they kill didn't ask to die
Tucky

Lexington, KY

#15 Jun 17, 2010
mountaingirl wrote:
When there is plenty of evidence that someone killed someone and they are put on death row they should go ahead and execute them then instead of letting them have appeals after appeals and letting taxpayers support them. My brother and two others were murdered in cold blood and he still sits in prison and we still have to support him so yes I go for the death sentence because the people they kill didn't ask to die
Mountaingirl... I am so sorry for what you, and many others, have gone and continue to go through. You are completely right - once there is clear-cut evidence, then they should be executed immediately. I hope you and your family find the peace you deserve. Sincerely, Tucky
Snoozer

Marbury, AL

#16 Jun 17, 2010
Tucky wrote:
<quoted text>
Mountaingirl... I am so sorry for what you, and many others, have gone and continue to go through. You are completely right - once there is clear-cut evidence, then they should be executed immediately. I hope you and your family find the peace you deserve. Sincerely, Tucky
Every conviction is supposed to be "clear cut" and "beyond a shadow of a doubt", but it ain't so. Our judicial process is far from perfect and many innocent people have been executed. On the other hand, appeals should be speedy and not go on for ever.
Elizabeth

United States

#17 Jun 17, 2010
Isn't it funny that these killers all "find Jesus" when they get to death row? I truly think the only thing these thugs are sorry for is the fact that they got caught!

“Dont speak for me”

Since: Apr 10

Alabama

#18 Jun 17, 2010
I really dont think we should have the right to end another persons life either.Then we plan to shoot him up.No I disagree it sounds HORRIBLE
Unhonest Republicans

Marshall, MN

#19 Jun 17, 2010
As a Chrisitian, I have no problem with the Dealth Penalty.

What I have a problem with is how often we find that a man about to die is innocent. Surely we have killed a few innocent men. Could you imagine being on death row for killing a small child...and you're innocent!!?? Which also means you are the only one who truly understands that a real murderer is still out there!!

When DNA tells us that we were wrong it highlights the error of the system! But what do we do about that? I will be the first to say, "I don't have a clue!" Because honestly, as a liberal, I don't have a problem pulling the plug - quickly!!- when we know the man is guilty! Most liberals I know feel the same way. I don't know why concervatives are always saying we are against punishment. We are not. We are against a system that may be too broken to put people to dealth fairly. When a child dies we cry for blood and will sacrifice "level thinking" because "SOMEONE" must pay. That kind of justice is dangerous.

Am I against the firins squad? No, not if the officer volunteered. I say this because if I fired the shot, I would know if I had live ammo and hit my target. I don't care how many other men where there. I know if I hit what I aimed at. If you're o.k. with that...I have no problem with the firing squad.
rubraindead

Montgomery, AL

#21 Jun 17, 2010
against death wrote:
I used to favor death penalty, but now I oppose it. God is merciful. The killer will get his justice for all eternity when he dies naturally. Let him rot in prison where he can be alone with his conscience.
Really? what if there is no god? what if its just a mythical tale? If there is a god then lets get them together sooner than late and let them two work it out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utah Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News APNewsBreak: Utaha s anesthesia abortion law un... Feb '17 Hostis Publicus 2
News Poll: Utahns support Trump plan to deport law-b... Jan '17 HEY HEY HO HO ALL... 13
News Obama Declares Bears Ears National Monument Whi... Dec '16 Le Jimbo 4
News Poll: Utahns support deporting undocumented imm... Dec '16 spytheweb 3
News Op-ed: Rooftop solar's worth? Don't forget the ... Nov '16 Solarman 1
News Letter: Disheartening lack of judge diversity (Jun '16) Aug '16 judicial 7
News Utahns' enthusiastic embrace of solar power cou... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Solarman 1
More from around the web