Polygamist leader Warren Jeffs fighti...

Polygamist leader Warren Jeffs fighting extradition

There are 21 comments on the ABC 4 story from Jun 24, 2010, titled Polygamist leader Warren Jeffs fighting extradition. In it, ABC 4 reports that:

POINT OF THE MOUNTAIN STATE PRISON, Utah - Warren Jeffs won't be going to Texas without a fight.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC 4.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fincenMIB

Acton, CA

#1 Jun 28, 2010
You mean he will be wasting more tax dollars! Jeffs committed crimes in Texas as defined by Texas Law and in building Yearn For Zion Ranch resided there, so now he would have us believe that he is a resident of Utah ONLY. It was his revelations that Zion was in Texas and that Utah & Arizona were defiled lands corrupted by apostates.

What a prophet will do or lie about to save his own skin. His prophesy must now me all lies!
Father Paul

United States

#2 Jun 28, 2010
Warren Jeffs is the only person who knows where Warren Jeffs was 100% of the time when the FBI had him on the most wanted list. The charges that promped the manhunt for Jeffs were dismissed and the reason for his disappearnce have come back to haunt the very agencies that could not find him.

Warren was on an extended vacation it would seem.

Such an interesting turn of events, chargeing a man for being someplace when you can't find him.
ohio

Van Wert, OH

#4 Jul 3, 2010
You do know why he stays on his knees in jail, don't you? It sure isn't for praying. He gives all the other inmates head through the bars in his cell.
ohio

Van Wert, OH

#5 Jul 3, 2010
Father Paul wrote:
Warren Jeffs is the only person who knows where Warren Jeffs was 100% of the time when the FBI had him on the most wanted list. The charges that promped the manhunt for Jeffs were dismissed and the reason for his disappearnce have come back to haunt the very agencies that could not find him.
Warren was on an extended vacation it would seem.
Such an interesting turn of events, chargeing a man for being someplace when you can't find him.
And his diary told where he was and what he was doing the whole time. Have you read it yet?
Father Paul

Dallas, TX

#6 Jul 4, 2010
Utah must rule on the admissability of the evidence siezed at YFZ in order to prove where Warren was. Arizona avoided ruleing on the "evidence" like the plague and dismissed all charges. Looks like Utah will have a turn at trampling on the constitution.
The documents that the State siezed and leaked from the court have been removed from many websites on the recommendations by the court. Several websites have suggested that anyone with copies of the alleged incriminateing documents refrain from distributeing them. It seems that between questionable phone calls about a non-existant Sarah, questionable release of documents, questionable allegations about an accomplice to rape victim, and many other accusations made by the State of Texas that have been proven false we will see another "end run" by the Fisher inspired followers to destroy a religion.
I will wait for an admissibility ruleing.
ohio

Van Wert, OH

#7 Jul 4, 2010
And in the meantime the pervert is spending day and night in jail on his knees.
Plus how many more men have gone to jail, how many more to go? They are spending day and night in jail.
Then all the federal charges are coming up, with the discrimination practices of the FLDS toward non members.
Looks like it's goin be a long ride for several years to come for them.
Father Paul

United States

#8 Jul 4, 2010
Yes prison on ones knees praying. praying Ohio, religion crops up again.

Seems that the "accomplice to rape" charges that Jeffs has been convicted of have no rapist to convict and the documents that the alleged victim supplied to collect her million dollar payout just may have been fabricated. The Utah legal eagles are investigateing the documents as we speak.

dismissed charges in Arizona, questionable conviction in Utah, no Sarah in Texas, 1500 points of appeal and counting on the other convictions.

Texas SC ruleing against the walther court, 5th circuit court ruleing against CPS traditions.

Looks like the prayers are working.

Big Indain Man

Deer Park, WA

#9 Jul 4, 2010
Set Jeffs free he was framed by the ruthless dogs, our government!
ohio

Van Wert, OH

#10 Jul 4, 2010
ohio

Van Wert, OH

#11 Jul 4, 2010
Father Paul wrote:
Yes prison on ones knees praying. praying Ohio, religion crops up again.
Seems that the "accomplice to rape" charges that Jeffs has been convicted of have no rapist to convict and the documents that the alleged victim supplied to collect her million dollar payout just may have been fabricated. The Utah legal eagles are investigateing the documents as we speak.
dismissed charges in Arizona, questionable conviction in Utah, no Sarah in Texas, 1500 points of appeal and counting on the other convictions.
Texas SC ruleing against the walther court, 5th circuit court ruleing against CPS traditions.
Looks like the prayers are working.
He wouldn't know how to pray if his life depended on it, which it might. I hope he gets life in prison in Texas..
The Arizona charges were not dropped for the reasons you stated. You know all this though don't you. I can post it for you if you haven't read it yet.
ohio

Van Wert, OH

#12 Jul 4, 2010
Father Paul

Sparkman, AR

#13 Jul 4, 2010
Another religious ceremony documented after a consultation with his God. I suppose Abraham Isacc and jacob would go to jail in Texas. Should we throw in Jesus or does the fact that the State crucified him satisfy you?

Religion Ohio and for that matter a religion that is almost two hundred years old.

As for the Arizona document I have seen it before and it seems that the "victims" can't claim "victimhood" since there is no perpetrator. The alleged criminal is no longer "alleged", there are no charges, no conviction on the charges. That's how the law works Ohio, no conviction for Arizona whatever the excuse is, no conviction. We are left with a man in jail in another state for performing a religious ceremony and a "victim" being investigated for provideing allegedly forged documents.




ohio

Van Wert, OH

#14 Jul 4, 2010
Father Paul wrote:
Another religious ceremony documented after a consultation with his God. I suppose Abraham Isacc and jacob would go to jail in Texas. Should we throw in Jesus or does the fact that the State crucified him satisfy you?
Religion Ohio and for that matter a religion that is almost two hundred years old.
As for the Arizona document I have seen it before and it seems that the "victims" can't claim "victimhood" since there is no perpetrator. The alleged criminal is no longer "alleged", there are no charges, no conviction on the charges. That's how the law works Ohio, no conviction for Arizona whatever the excuse is, no conviction. We are left with a man in jail in another state for performing a religious ceremony and a "victim" being investigated for provideing allegedly forged documents.
TEEE HEEEE
Tell me how long he was in jail in Arizona? BAAAHHHHHHAAA
Wore his knees out by staying on them for the other inmates pleasures. How long was it again????
BAAAAHAAAAA
ohio

Van Wert, OH

#15 Jul 6, 2010
Gee, why doesn't he want to go back to Texas? Doesn't like his ranch anymore? LOL
Dick

Del Rio, TX

#16 Jul 6, 2010
Ohio, you have some good links too..
mind if I borrow?
ohio

Van Wert, OH

#17 Jul 6, 2010
Dick wrote:
Ohio, you have some good links too..
mind if I borrow?
Help yourself.
xix

Modesto, CA

#18 Jul 7, 2010
What the hell is the matter those people. Doesn't anyone have a gun so they can put this moron out of our misery?
Dick

Del Rio, TX

#19 Jul 7, 2010
He's just a pervert looking for more pervs to add to his collection.
Funny thing is, FLDS have already told him to STFU and he refuses
Uno mas

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Jul 7, 2010
It's a tough call... sooner or later there will be a Supreme court challenge.. there is nothing in the Constitution that says polygamy is a no-no... I am surprised that Utah has not re-instituted polygamy as it was never removed from the religion.. as all good Mormons know they can have a harem waiting in the celestial kingdom... that's why they still allow marrying the dead... so they will have mucho panocha in heaven.
Father Paul

United States

#21 Jul 7, 2010
The Scalia suggestion to several states concerning changeing their bigamy laws should do away with the practice of polygamy without a direct reference to poyygamy. Nothing like "targeting a religion" without directly saying "target a religion.

The Utah church was threatened with confiscation of church property without a change in their practice of polygamy.
Looks like massed federal troops on the Utah border was enough for the church leaders to get the message.

"Targeting a religion" is an art form as practiced by the federal government that Hildebrand was a bit slow in learning and the words "targeting a religion" are enough to open a wonderful freedom of religion case. The relatively recent consensual sex ruleings allow serial adultery and many will argue serial marraige.
For the religious and Biblicaly supported argument against homosexual marraige we have the biblicaly supported argument for polygamy.
Yes we just may have a polygamy case on the docket of the SC sooner than later and in all likelyhood it will cloaked by the bigamy law as written by a man that was targeting a religion

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utah Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Survey: 1 in 6 Utah women a victim of rape or a... Apr 14 Joey 5
News Political Cornflakes: Trump is trying to put in... Apr 6 OccupyThis 2
News Romney announces US Senate run Feb '18 anonymous 1
News Utah bill would ban abortions based on Down syn... Feb '18 Choicerocks 4
News Utah newspaper calls on Orrin Hatch to step down Jan '18 Chilli J 14
News APNewsBreak: Utaha s anesthesia abortion law un... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Hostis Publicus 2
News Poll: Utahns support Trump plan to deport law-b... (Dec '16) Jan '17 HEY HEY HO HO ALL... 11