EXECUTION: State releases pics of Gar...

EXECUTION: State releases pics of Gardner death chamber

There are 89 comments on the Fox13Now story from Jun 10, 2010, titled EXECUTION: State releases pics of Gardner death chamber. In it, Fox13Now reports that:

The Utah Department of Corrections released photographs of the death chamber where Ronnie Lee Gardner will be put to death next week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox13Now.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Wildkat13

United States

#87 Jun 17, 2010
I knew Ronnie sad that his life is to end this way......
Wildkat13

United States

#88 Jun 17, 2010
I was locked up with Ronnie when he first went to prison sad that his life must end like this... hope you find peace.....

“A closed mouth gathers no foot”

Since: Jun 10

Cincinnati, Ohio

#89 Jun 17, 2010
Wildkat13 wrote:
I was locked up with Ronnie when he first went to prison sad that his life must end like this... hope you find peace.....
Third thread response:

Ronnie Lee Gardner CHOSE to die by firing squad. Did you get that? HE CHOSE IT.

The people he shot and killed didn't get a choice. Did you get that? THEY HAD NO CHOICE. He DECIDED to SHOOT and KILL them.

Frankly, right now, I am thinking about all the people in this world, infants especially, that have died at the hands of 'human beings' that CHOSE to KILL them.

I'm not really feeling any injustice here.
TICK TOCK - TICK TOCK
NICE

AOL

#90 Jun 18, 2010
Man, I say lets break out the wood chipper and feed the snails, feet first
Bang BANG

Allentown, PA

#91 Jun 18, 2010
Concerned wrote:
I believe in the death penalty for some cases. However, if the objective is to render this person "gone from the face of the earth"....then why must it be done in such a gruesome fashion? There is medication that will stop your heart, which could be given with some anesthesia. It wouldn't take 14 people to administer the process, and the agony of guilt for the shooters wondering "who got the blank"...... and end result is the same.
Why the ceremony of the "lethal injection" or the DRAMA of this firing squad? The process seems as sick as the individual being disposed of.....
Concerned, get over yourself.... First, the shooters VOLUNTEER for this duty, so they believe in it and from interviews with past executioners, they do NOT feel guilt afterward. Secondly, many medical experts have deemed this a very humane execution method. Within seconds of the impact, the condemned go into shock, and while there are muscle reflexes, death comes relatively quickly. Last, HE CHOSE THIS METHOD OVER LETHAL INJECTION based on input from his advisers about the process!
Vyv

Cottbus, Germany

#92 Jun 18, 2010
Death penalty means that the government fights crime and cruelty with the same methods that everyone adjudges. So basically every country that has not abolished death penalty and torture are just as bad as the people they are punishing!
love

Salt Lake City, UT

#93 Jun 18, 2010
i am so disagree with all this, all i cAN say we all make mistAke, but watching someone die like that...hoooooo rediciulous....mah heart goes to him n family...
jake

Fond Du Lac, WI

#94 Jun 18, 2010
good that jerk gets what he deservers go utah!!!!!
Stop the madness

United States

#95 Jun 19, 2010
Carlos Rodriguez wrote:
Quick question: Killing this guy will bring back to life the people he took when he did his bad deeds?
To me, death penalty is not about justice, is about rage, revenge, retaliation, vengeance, vindictiveness or whatever you want to call it. It is something to make apparently “feel good”(an eye for an eye) to the families of the victims but that actually doesn't bring anything but more hatred.
Lastly, I laugh when I read people writing about taxpayers' money to keep people in jail. Jail, ladies and gentlemen is not a 5 stars hotel. People there get raped, abused, beaten and who know what else. They are not having fun in there with your tax money.
Regards.
My heart is bleeding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utah Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News APNewsBreak: Utaha s anesthesia abortion law un... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Hostis Publicus 2
News Poll: Utahns support Trump plan to deport law-b... (Dec '16) Jan '17 HEY HEY HO HO ALL... 11
News Obama Declares Bears Ears National Monument Whi... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Le Jimbo 4
News Poll: Utahns support deporting undocumented imm... (Dec '16) Dec '16 spytheweb 3
News Op-ed: Rooftop solar's worth? Don't forget the ... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Solarman 1
News Letter: Disheartening lack of judge diversity (Jun '16) Aug '16 judicial 7
News Utahns' enthusiastic embrace of solar power cou... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Solarman 1
More from around the web