Utah identifies at least 2 state work...

Utah identifies at least 2 state workers allegedly behind list of purported illegal immigrants

There are 7 comments on the CJAD story from Jul 16, 2010, titled Utah identifies at least 2 state workers allegedly behind list of purported illegal immigrants. In it, CJAD reports that:

Utah officials said Friday they have identified at least two state workers who apparently accessed confidential documents to create a list of 1,300 purported illegal immigrants that was mailed to law enforcement officials and the news media.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CJAD.

mcss

Oak Ridge, TN

#1 Jul 16, 2010
Maybe the employees should be given time off with pay. It has to be very disheartening to watch the illegal aliens show up by the bus load to get food stamps, medical help, etc., and acting like they are entitled to it. Why doesn't the government restore public trust with the American citizens and and boot these free-loading law-breakers to the border?

“Press 2 for Deportation.”

Since: Apr 09

Norfolk, NE

#2 Jul 16, 2010
Bravo to these two state workers who are trying to do the job the FEDS refuse to do!!!

WE NEED 49 MORE LISTS -- ONE FROM EVERY STATE!!
Amen

United States

#3 Jul 16, 2010
FedUpWithIllegals wrote:
Bravo to these two state workers who are trying to do the job the FEDS refuse to do!!!
WE NEED 49 MORE LISTS -- ONE FROM EVERY STATE!!
I think the two should receive an award for bravery!

“Press 2 for Deportation.”

Since: Apr 09

Norfolk, NE

#5 Jul 17, 2010
Amen wrote:
<quoted text> I think the two should receive an award for bravery!
and PATRIOTISM!!
TEA

United States

#6 Jul 17, 2010
http://whistleblowers.nonprofitsoapbox.com/in...

Utah
QUI TAM:
Utah False Claims Act,26-20-1-26-20-15 et seq.

WHISTLEBLOWER STATUTES:
Utah Protection of Public Employees Act, Utah Code Ann. Sec. 67-21-1 to 9

Blacklisting employees prohibited, Utah Code Ann. Sec. 34-24-1

Discharge or discrimination against employee prohibited, Utah Code Ann, Sec. 34A-6-203

COMMON LAW:

Yes, state courts have recognized a public policy exception claim for whistleblowers under the common law. Other statutory or common law claims may also apply.

Touchard v. La-Z-Boy Inc., 148 P.3d 945,(Utah 2006)

LINKS:
Utah Supreme Court

Utah Legislature

Utah Attorney General

NWLDEF Attorney Referral

Legal Disclaimer:

If you have any information regarding an important development in the law of this state, please provide the NWC with the information at contact@whistleblowers.org.

http://www.whistleblowers.org/index.php...

Dudleydoright

Salt Lake City, UT

#7 Jul 17, 2010
TEA wrote:
http://whistleblowers.nonprofi tsoapbox.com/index.php?option= com_content&task=view& id=678
Utah
QUI TAM:
Utah False Claims Act,26-20-1-26-20-15 et seq.
WHISTLEBLOWER STATUTES:
Utah Protection of Public Employees Act, Utah Code Ann. Sec. 67-21-1 to 9
Blacklisting employees prohibited, Utah Code Ann. Sec. 34-24-1
Discharge or discrimination against employee prohibited, Utah Code Ann, Sec. 34A-6-203
COMMON LAW:
Yes, state courts have recognized a public policy exception claim for whistleblowers under the common law. Other statutory or common law claims may also apply.
Touchard v. La-Z-Boy Inc., 148 P.3d 945,(Utah 2006)
LINKS:
Utah Supreme Court
Utah Legislature
Utah Attorney General
NWLDEF Attorney Referral
Legal Disclaimer:
If you have any information regarding an important development in the law of this state, please provide the NWC with the information at contact@whistleblowers.org.
http://www.whistleblowers.org/index.php...
TEA is so correct, those workers should be protected under the Whistle Blower Act. I'm betting some smart lawyer will jump on this and end up winning justice for those folks. If they really wanted to hurt those on the list they would have distributed the list every where. Instead they chose to send it to the authorities hoping they would take action, but instead it turned into a witch hunt for the whistle blowers. Sending it to the media was a ploy to insure the authorities took action.
You can bet your sweet bum I will think twice before I call in a crime, don't want to get charged with invading someones privacy.
When is someone in a position to do something going to say the heck with being politically correct, I'm going to stop this use and abuse of the American Taxpayers money.
TEA

United States

#8 Jul 18, 2010
Dudleydoright wrote:
<quoted text>
TEA is so correct, those workers should be protected under the Whistle Blower Act. I'm betting some smart lawyer will jump on this and end up winning justice for those folks. If they really wanted to hurt those on the list they would have distributed the list every where. Instead they chose to send it to the authorities hoping they would take action, but instead it turned into a witch hunt for the whistle blowers. Sending it to the media was a ploy to insure the authorities took action.
You can bet your sweet bum I will think twice before I call in a crime, don't want to get charged with invading someones privacy.
When is someone in a position to do something going to say the heck with being politically correct, I'm going to stop this use and abuse of the American Taxpayers money.
Yes, they are protected under the whistleblower laws. I am waiting for this to be picked up by a lawyer who will enforce the whistleblowers rights...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utah Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Survey: 1 in 6 Utah women a victim of rape or a... Apr '18 Joey 5
News Political Cornflakes: Trump is trying to put in... Apr '18 OccupyThis 1
News Romney announces US Senate run Feb '18 anonymous 1
News Utah bill would ban abortions based on Down syn... Feb '18 Choicerocks 4
News Utah newspaper calls on Orrin Hatch to step down Jan '18 Chilli J 14
News APNewsBreak: Utaha s anesthesia abortion law un... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Hostis Publicus 2
News Poll: Utahns support Trump plan to deport law-b... (Dec '16) Jan '17 HEY HEY HO HO ALL... 11