Utah: Same-sex couples can file joint...

Utah: Same-sex couples can file joint taxes

There are 6 comments on the WGAL-TV Lancaster story from Jan 17, 2014, titled Utah: Same-sex couples can file joint taxes. In it, WGAL-TV Lancaster reports that:

Once you're logged in, at the top of each article, video or slideshow you will see a list of your Facebook friends who recently visited Choose to share stories you'e read with your friends or turn sharing OFF to keep your reading experience anonymous .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGAL-TV Lancaster.

Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Jan 17, 2014
LOL!
UTAH's government clown circus reminds me of a leaky dike on a swollen marriage river
Every time another mormonizer plugs his finger into a hole to stop a marriage leak; TWO more marriage leaks spring up

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#2 Jan 17, 2014
You are not allowed a whole pie just because you have a marriage certificate. You may have 1/2 a slice as long as you only take one bite from it.

We'll only recognize how much money you owe because we want to keep it.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#3 Jan 17, 2014
Utah and Missouri have figured out that failure to accept joint returns will cause chaos in their tax system. The rest of the states are about to experience disaster.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#4 Jan 17, 2014
I would want to know if married couples filing jointly with the State of Utah end up paying more or less in taxes. Then I'd go with whichever version is lower.

In the State of Michigan, married couples filing jointly often pay higher taxes due to fewer deductions coming in from the joint Federal return that our tax returns are based on.

I'll happily file as a married couple in Michigan, just as soon as all the rights and responsibilities that come with marriage come with it. But I'm not willing to pay extra taxes simply to check the "married, filing jointly" box on the state tax forms if I'm getting nothing else out of it.

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#5 Jan 17, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
Utah and Missouri have figured out that failure to accept joint returns will cause chaos in their tax system. The rest of the states are about to experience disaster.
Only those states which have income or personal property taxes.
Jesus Latter Day Faints

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jan 17, 2014
Yes, it seems like a victory, but in fact same sex couples in Utah will not be able to have their joint tax returns baptized by proxy, so it's not all sweetness and light in mormon-ville.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utah Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News APNewsBreak: Utaha s anesthesia abortion law un... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Hostis Publicus 2
News Poll: Utahns support Trump plan to deport law-b... (Dec '16) Jan '17 HEY HEY HO HO ALL... 11
News Obama Declares Bears Ears National Monument Whi... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Le Jimbo 4
News Poll: Utahns support deporting undocumented imm... (Dec '16) Dec '16 spytheweb 3
News Op-ed: Rooftop solar's worth? Don't forget the ... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Solarman 1
News Letter: Disheartening lack of judge diversity (Jun '16) Aug '16 judicial 7
News Utahns' enthusiastic embrace of solar power cou... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Solarman 1
More from around the web