Was Baby Jesus an Illegal Immigrant?

Dec 23, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The American Spectator

At Christmas time, should the Nativity story be interpreted as a tale of solidarity with illegal immigrants? Some religious voices, anxious to push some version of liberalized immigration policy as a Christian imperative, describe Jesus and the Holy Family as the most premier of illegal immigrants.

Comments
2,181 - 2,200 of 2,201 Comments Last updated Dec 7, 2013

“Do you like my abs? ”

Since: May 11

San Gabriel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Jesus real? I keep getting him mixed up with the Trix rabbit, because they are both fake!
I think Jesus was a real man. Was he the Son of God? Well isn't everyone Gods children? Moreover... what Jesus did in those times was challenge the Pharisees and Religious beliefs at the time and for the most part liberated many people from ancient orthodox religious ways and in doing so he was killed for it.

So to me, he's significant that he changed the way people portrayed God but for that, I feel no need to worship him. IMO... he was just a man like Martin Luther King who was influential & persuasive enough to change the way people think about an incorrect "establishment" and was killed for doing so.

“Do you like my abs? ”

San Gabriel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

justagi wrote:
<quoted text>Cite the law that was broken.
No need to site law... It was clear that during Roman Empire, there were borders and Roman Soldiers fought against Barbarians and other surrounding empires. So it's blatantly obvious that Jesus was illegally entering territory with no permission from the Roman Empire or other Empires at all.

Take a look at where he and his disciples preached. They crossed many borders.

http://www.ccel.org/bible/phillips/CNM11-Gosp...

Don't try to interject our immigration laws that were created 2000+ later by the USA into ancient times.

That's so stupid and at a pathetic rebuke by you.

“Do you like my abs? ”

San Gabriel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>What's amazing also is how many aid and abet them. At the tax payer's expense.
It's amazing how they're going to get amnesty & citizenship someday!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

The Infamous Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing how they're going to get amnesty & citizenship someday!
I would be amazed if that actually happened in the near future.

Since: Feb 09

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

The Infamous Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to site law... It was clear that during Roman Empire, there were borders and Roman Soldiers fought against Barbarians and other surrounding empires. So it's blatantly obvious that Jesus was illegally entering territory with no permission from the Roman Empire or other Empires at all.
Take a look at where he and his disciples preached. They crossed many borders.
http://www.ccel.org/bible/phillips/CNM11-Gosp...
Don't try to interject our immigration laws that were created 2000+ later by the USA into ancient times.
That's so stupid and at a pathetic rebuke by you.
Exactly, genius- no laws were broken. It's one thing to have borders, it's another to have laws against crossing them. Clearly it's YOU projecting present laws into a 2000 year old scenario.
Rico the Holy One

Rowland Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I would be amazed if that actually happened in the near future.
It'll happen in our life times.
Rico the Holy One

Rowland Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

justagi wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly, genius- no laws were broken. It's one thing to have borders, it's another to have laws against crossing them. Clearly it's YOU projecting present laws into a 2000 year old scenario.
Jesus was an illegal alien.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Rico the Holy One wrote:
<quoted text>
It'll happen in our life times.
(shrugs)

“Do you like my abs? ”

San Gabriel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Jesus was a Mexican too.
james

Malmö, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

this aint true

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

The Infamous Rico wrote:
Jesus was a Mexican too.
Idiot, there weren't even ANY mexicans until the Spaniards came over and killed the males, raped the females and laughed about it- 1000 years after Christ was born. Idiot.

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Rico the Holy One wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was an illegal alien.
...and on another continent half way around the world. Idiot.
deport deport deport

Danielson, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

The Infamous Rico wrote:
Jesus was a Mexican too.
Rico, you wet back piece of chit, you have YET to answer my question. If you illegal leeches are so valuable, then why does the government of Mexico tell you to move to the US? Wouldn't they want such hard-working, family-oriented assets to stay on Mexico to work on its space program, teach in their universities and design their computers? The answer of course is that real Mexicans hate you scum. You are garbage to them. Look at Mexican soap operas. Do any of the people on those shows look like you subhuman illegal aliens? Mexico has thrown its trash over the fence into the US. Answer the question, you walking turd. You greasy slime sucker.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Nijoni wrote:
To the fool Rico AKA wanna be ambidextrous:
God is a Spirit. Not a Race you blooming idiot.
I don't have to believe that God is a spirit. Ever hear of freedom of religion? I recommend that if you want to pretend to be an Americans... you start acting like one and respect the 1st amendment to the US Constitution.

I don't need some fake Indian telling me what I have to believe.

Pfffttt......

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

deport deport deport wrote:
<quoted text>
Rico, you wet back piece of chit, you have YET to answer my question. If you illegal leeches are so valuable, then why does the government of Mexico tell you to move to the US? Wouldn't they want such hard-working, family-oriented assets to stay on Mexico to work on its space program, teach in their universities and design their computers? The answer of course is that real Mexicans hate you scum. You are garbage to them. Look at Mexican soap operas. Do any of the people on those shows look like you subhuman illegal aliens? Mexico has thrown its trash over the fence into the US. Answer the question, you walking turd. You greasy slime sucker.
First of all, Mexico has never told their Citizens to move to the USA illegally so i'll have to stop you there based on the fact that the content of your rhetoric is a fabrication of your own ignorance.

But hey... Jesus was an illegal alien and you worship an illegal alien. Pretty funny!!!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

justagi wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot, there weren't even ANY mexicans until the Spaniards came over and killed the males, raped the females and laughed about it- 1000 years after Christ was born. Idiot.
And aren't you glad they did? Imagine Mexico with an larger population at that time... wait... we see that today with the influx of illegal aliens from Latin America today!!!

It makes you wonder how the Mexican-American war would have turned out had the Spanish not dented the Mexican population just 20 years prior. Just think about it, Mexico didn't even have enough time to breed a sizable army....
deport deport deport

Danielson, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
And aren't you glad they did? Imagine Mexico with an larger population at that time... wait... we see that today with the influx of illegal aliens from Latin America today!!!
It makes you wonder how the Mexican-American war would have turned out had the Spanish not dented the Mexican population just 20 years prior. Just think about it, Mexico didn't even have enough time to breed a sizable army....
Caught you on another lie. Roaches can reproduce on just weeks.

“Who Would Jesus Shoot?”

Since: Sep 10

1,000,000,000 light years away

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Jesus was actually gay because he never boned a chick in the bible.
Jesus Malverde

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

In the name of my Father, I forgive all of you.

POS sinners.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Jesus Malverde wrote:
In the name of my Father, I forgive all of you.
POS sinners.
Thank you, son. I approve that you have taken the liberty to forgive those sinners in my name. We are one. Let it be written in stone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••