Watch as pro-abortion protesters chant 'Hail Satan' while pro-lifers sing 'Amazing Grace'

Jul 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: 720 The Voice

The abortion battle in Texas was still raging Tuesday as both abortion supporters and pro-life activists flooded the State Capitol to make their voices heard.

Comments
21 - 38 of 38 Comments Last updated Jul 25, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
WOW.....obviously the obvious flies right over your flat head.
So true. Kaykay gives a whole new meaning to the word OBLIVIOUS.:-)
Husker

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

kaylayossi wrote:
The people singing Amazing Grace sure drowned out the hail satan sickos. That girl at the end was so classy, lmao! Keep up the good work Prolifers, they're running out of ideas to perform as protest! I guess I'll never understand why all proaborts insist being Prolife is based upon religion, it's not always, poor ignorant proaborts.
Pro-aborts labor mightily and in vain to link all pro-life activism to religion.(Never mind that they're constantly obeisant to the tenets of the Church of the Solipsistic Self.).

Atheists with consciences are unapologetically pro-life.

Leslie Fain writes:

"According to SPL (Secular ProLife) member Julie Thielen, who identifies as a gnostic antitheist atheist, the best ways to reach secular people with the pro-life message are through biology and an appeal to human rights.
“When the sperm meets the egg, a genetically complete human being is formed, and all that is required for maturation is time and nutrition,” Thielen said.“As complete human beings in the most vulnerable stages, there should be protections afforded. As a society we are judged by how we treat the most vulnerable — the young, the aged, the infirm, those who can’t speak for themselves. The unborn belong here.”

"[Journalist Nat] Hentoff encourages anyone who wants to find secular information to support the pro-life argument to read works written by doctors who operate on babies in utero.“Read them in terms of what they do — surgeons who deal with the child before the child is actually a child, according to the law,” he said.
Being an atheist pro-lifer often can have its costs. Hentoff has lost lecture-circuit jobs and the opportunity to have a journalism school named after him and was delayed in getting a Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Press Foundation because of his pro-life views.“Being pro-life has cost me a lot, but these are losses I am proud of,” he said."
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Husker wrote:
Pro-aborts labor mightily and in vain to link all pro-life activism to religion.(Never mind that they're constantly obeisant to the tenets of the Church of the Solipsistic Self.).
You can make whatever idiotic claims you want, Knutter. I'm not buyig any of them.

As far as I'M concerned, the ANTI-CHOICE activism is mostly faith-based, no matter what lame arguments you're attempting to make.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can make whatever idiotic claims you want, Knutter. I'm not buyig any of them.
As far as I'M concerned, the ANTI-CHOICE activism is mostly faith-based, no matter what lame arguments you're attempting to make.
Those aren't HER claims. She plagiarized that whole thing, obviously.

As for the one claiming to argue against abortion with a non-religious argument, let them come here, and will test that with a little back and forth. Because there is no such thing as an argument against a woman's right to choose that is not, at it's core, religious in nature. Not even one put forth from someone claiming to be an Atheist.
Deborah

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Those aren't HER claims. She plagiarized that whole thing, obviously.
As for the one claiming to argue against abortion with a non-religious argument, let them come here, and will test that with a little back and forth. Because there is no such thing as an argument against a woman's right to choose that is not, at it's core, religious in nature. Not even one put forth from someone claiming to be an Atheist.
You've obviously never heard of Secular ProLife.org . Atheists, all.

The atheists in this organization know a true pro-abort religious movement when they see it.

THE ABORTION RELIGION

http://blog.secularprolife.org/2013/07/the-ab...

"Average “pro-choice” people in America are actually quite moderate. They support a ban on abortions after the first trimester. They support informed consent and waiting periods. And they do not join a mob at the state capital to spit on pro-lifers and chant “Hail, Satan.”

"This is not a post about average pro-choicers. This is a post about abortion activists who dedicate significant portions of their lives to defending the practice of prenatal killing against any and all regulation, or to actually committing abortions. I’m talking about activists who believe in abortion with what is practically a religious fervor.[She must have seen you and your fellow religious adherents on Topix.]

"Religious doctrines can provide a tool for understanding the views of these abortion rights hardliners. Below, I draw upon traditions from Catholicism, Hinduism, and other faiths to shed light on the pro-abortion worldview. Whatever your own beliefs, I hope that you find these analogies to be helpful.

Admittedly, not every abortion advocate subscribes to every belief listed here. But these themes appear frequently enough that pro-lifers are bound to come across them in conversations and debates with people from the other side. Bear in mind, too, that people can hold these beliefs without having examined them carefully or even consciously realizing that they hold them.

** Transubstantiation

--“[B]y the consecration of the bread and wine there takes place a change of the whole substance of the bread into the substance of the body of Christ our Lord and of the whole substance of the wine into the substance of his blood. This change the holy Catholic Church has fittingly and properly called transubstantiation.”~Catechism of the Catholic Church

--“Well, in my heart and my mind, you know, life begins when the mother says it begins, not when anybody else thinks it begins. For some women it’s before they conceive; for some women, it’s never. Even after they deliver, it’s still a problem, not a baby.”~Late-term abortionist Leroy Carhart

"The basic idea of transubstantiation is that when a particular individual speaks particular words, this causes the fundamental nature of something to change, even though this change is not physically apparent or scientifically measurable. In Catholicism, the speaker is a priest, the words are a blessing, the object is a loaf of bread or goblet of wine, and the transformation is that the bread or wine becomes the body or blood of Jesus. In abortionism, the speaker is a pregnant woman, the words are an acknowledgement of positive feelings about motherhood, the object is the unborn child, and the transformation is that the "clump of cells" becomes a living baby.

"Of course, this is the sort of thing that has to be taken on faith. An 8-week-old unborn baby who is scheduled to be aborted looks and functions just like an 8-week-old who is loved by his or her mother. Both have clear signs of life...."
Deborah

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

http://secularprolife.org/faq.php -- SecularProLife.org

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is Secular Pro-Life needed?

Happily, polls have shown that a greater percentage of young people are pro-life compared to previous generations. At the same time, church attendance and other measures of religiosity have been declining. For decades, our religious pro-life counterparts have put tremendous resources and energy into the pro-life movement, and we are grateful. However it is time for the secular pro-lifers to create their own space and their own voice within the movement.

Is this group involved with church-state issues like the Pledge of Allegiance?

No. Our sole focus is on threats to fetal life.

Can religious people be part of Secular Pro-Life?

Yes. We want to create a space for the secular pro-life perspective. This of course means we embrace pro-life atheists and agnostics, but anyone who uses secular reasoning to defend the pro-life position is welcome here. We are not interested in convincing people to be non-religious. We are interested in showing people that you do not have to be religious to be pro-life.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Deborah wrote:
<quoted text>
You've obviously never heard of Secular ProLife.org . Atheists, all.
The atheists in this organization know a true pro-abort religious movement when they see it.
THE ABORTION RELIGION
http://blog.secularprolife.org/2013/07/the-ab...
"Average “pro-choice” people in America are actually quite moderate. They support a ban on abortions after the first trimester. They support informed consent and waiting periods. And they do not join a mob at the state capital to spit on pro-lifers and chant “Hail, Satan.”
"This is not a post about average pro-choicers. This is a post about abortion activists who dedicate significant portions of their lives to defending the practice of prenatal killing against any and all regulation, or to actually committing abortions. I’m talking about activists who believe in abortion with what is practically a religious fervor.[She must have seen you and your fellow religious adherents on Topix.]
"Religious doctrines can provide a tool for understanding the views of these abortion rights hardliners. Below, I draw upon traditions from Catholicism, Hinduism, and other faiths to shed light on the pro-abortion worldview. Whatever your own beliefs, I hope that you find these analogies to be helpful.
Admittedly, not every abortion advocate subscribes to every belief listed here. But these themes appear frequently enough that pro-lifers are bound to come across them in conversations and debates with people from the other side. Bear in mind, too, that people can hold these beliefs without having examined them carefully or even consciously realizing that they hold them.
** Transubstantiation
--“[B]y the consecration of the bread and wine there takes place a change of the whole substance of the bread into the substance of the body of Christ our Lord and of the whole substance of the wine into the substance of his blood. This change the holy Catholic Church has fittingly and properly called transubstantiation.”~Catechism of the Catholic Church
--“Well, in my heart and my mind, you know, life begins when the mother says it begins, not when anybody else thinks it begins. For some women it’s before they conceive; for some women, it’s never. Even after they deliver, it’s still a problem, not a baby.”~Late-term abortionist Leroy Carhart
"The basic idea of transubstantiation is that when a particular individual speaks particular words, this causes the fundamental nature of something to change, even though this change is not physically apparent or scientifically measurable. In Catholicism, the speaker is a priest, the words are a blessing, the object is a loaf of bread or goblet of wine, and the transformation is that the bread or wine becomes the body or blood of Jesus. In abortionism, the speaker is a pregnant woman, the words are an acknowledgement of positive feelings about motherhood, the object is the unborn child, and the transformation is that the "clump of cells" becomes a living baby.
"Of course, this is the sort of thing that has to be taken on faith. An 8-week-old unborn baby who is scheduled to be aborted looks and functions just like an 8-week-old who is loved by his or her mother. Both have clear signs of life...."
Not one thing in that article disproves my statement. In fact, it doesn't even address their own position, it was too busy lying about pro-choice.
Deborah

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one thing in that article disproves my statement. In fact, it doesn't even address their own position, it was too busy lying about pro-choice.
You didn't read the next post about questions frequently asked of SecularProLife.org , did you?

http://secularprolife.org

"Welcome to SecularProLife.org . The pro-life movement is expanding beyond the cathedral walls and we want you to be a part of history.

"If you are pro-life because abortion violates the Constitutional right to life, science shows that human life begins at conception, abortion hurts women, or for any other non-religious reason: make yourself at home! Here you will meet like-minded atheists, theists, and agnostics who are eager to save lives and fight the media portrayal of pro-lifers as "religious extremists."

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Deborah wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't read the next post about questions frequently asked of SecularProLife.org , did you?
"Welcome to SecularProLife.org . The pro-life movement is expanding beyond the cathedral walls and we want you to be a part of history.
"If you are pro-life because abortion violates the Constitutional right to life, science shows that human life begins at conception, abortion hurts women, or for any other non-religious reason: make yourself at home! Here you will meet like-minded atheists, theists, and agnostics who are eager to save lives and fight the media portrayal of pro-lifers as "religious extremists."
I read what YOU posted. Why on earth didn't you just link to THAT, you Moron?

Now, if one of them wants to come here and debate, great. I'm more than happy to do so, and it WILL show that even for THEM the argument is, at it's core, a religious one. But just reading a pre-packaged blog is not the same.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Deborah wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, you DO realize that "secular" does NOT mean Atheist, right? That this blog you're promoting as an Atheist site is no such thing, right? It's Atheist, Theist and Agnostics. It says so right in the paragraph you quoted.

Damn, you're dumb.
Deborah

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, you DO realize that "secular" does NOT mean Atheist, right? That this blog you're promoting as an Atheist site is no such thing, right? It's Atheist, Theist and Agnostics. It says so right in the paragraph you quoted.
Damn, you're dumb.
I love it when abortion supporters invariably resort to ad hominem. "Moron" seems to be a particular favorite of beleaguered "choicers." Just another example of what the old preacher wrote in his sermon notes, "Argument is weak here. Yell like hell."

You're right about the makeup of the organization. While it's undoubtedly non-religious people who are the sizable majority of its members, it's not limited to secularists. The organizations's ARGUMENTS -- and that's what we're really talking about here, not who makes up the organization -- are ALL secular, non-religious arguments.

http://secularprolife.org/files/religious_iss... -- Is Abortion a Religious Issue?

http://secularprolife.org/publications.php --

Publications

Feel free to print and distribute- that's what they're for!
For women's health information, we recommend Epigee.org

Publications by SecularProLife.org

Abortion by the Numbers - Debunks propaganda about back-alley abortion deaths, the supposed abortion-child abuse connection, etc.
Abortion is forever. Get the facts first.-- For distribution by sidewalk counselors (black background).
Abortion is forever. Get the facts first.-- For distribution by sidewalk counselors (white background).
Abortion is Forever, in Spanish
"Fake Clinics" - Defending crisis pregnancy centers
Is Abortion a Religious Issue?
Pro-Life for Everyone - A Guide to Religious Diversity (To create booklet, print double-sided in landscape orientation, then fold in the middle)
Who is a Person?- Common arguments for and against unborn human rights.
Who are Pro-Lifers?- Challenging stereotypes
Waiting Children, Waiting Parents - Understanding adoption as an abortion alternative

Secular Arguments from Other Organizations

A Future Like Ours - Abort73
Will reversing Roe put women in jail?- Americans United for Life
Free Stuff from Created4Life (a non-religious pro-life group in the UK)
The Feminist Case Against Abortion - Feminists for Life
Free advertisements from Unchoice
Adolescent Arguments in the Abortion Debate - Wanda Franz, Ph.D., Association for Interdisciplinary Research in Values and Social Change.
Christian and Obsolete?- Thoughts On Abortion
Various Publications from the National Right to Life Committee
Publications on Maternal Mortality from the Minnesota Citizens Concerned for Life Global Outreach (MCCL GO!)

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Deborah wrote:
<quoted text>
"I love it when abortion supporters invariably resort to ad hominem. "Moron" seems to be a particular favorite of beleaguered "choicers."

Oh, no, I don't have a favorite. It was merely the one that fit you.

"Just another example of what the old preacher wrote in his sermon notes, "Argument is weak here. Yell like hell."

Well, that's where you're wrong. I can make a good argument, AND call you for the fool you are, all at the same time.

"You're right about the makeup of the organization. While it's undoubtedly non-religious people who are the sizable majority of its members, it's not limited to secularists. The organizations's ARGUMENTS -- and that's what we're really talking about here, not who makes up the organization -- are ALL secular, non-religious arguments."

No, they're not, not at there core. That's the point. And there is no way to expose that fact unless they are engaging in actual debate. Like I said, a pre-packaged blog doesn't cut it. The statements on it are just surface, not the core.
Deborah

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I read what YOU posted. Why on earth didn't you just link to THAT, you Moron?
Now, if one of them wants to come here and debate, great. I'm more than happy to do so, and it WILL show that even for THEM the argument is, at it's core, a religious one. But just reading a pre-packaged blog is not the same.
They've probably never been invited. You could do that, couldn't you?

Here's the link: http://secularprolife.org/contact.php

Oh, and in your invitation, tossing a few "you moron" endearments at them will probably be a great inducement for them to join what laughably passes for a typical Topix pro-choicer's "debate."

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Deborah wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and in your invitation, tossing a few "you moron" endearments at them will probably be a great inducement for them to join what laughably passes for a typical Topix pro-choicer's "debate."
Ah, but the difference is that YOU are not here to debate, and I don't know yet if they ARE morons or not. That would remain to be seen.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Deborah wrote:
<quoted text>
Save the sanctimonious BS Debbie, you have posted many endearments towards pro choicers.

Have you conveniently forgotten?
Deborah

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but the difference is that YOU are not here to debate, and I don't know yet if they ARE morons or not. That would remain to be seen.
Speaking of pro-choicers' preferred methods of "debate," Satan's gotta be really ticked. The Texas Dept. of Public Safety is confiscating his minions' weapons, and the screaming harpies will be getting a quick trip to jail if they try again to shout down the legislative proceedings.

[from a July 12 story on the WFAA Channel 8 (ABC affiliate) website}

"In a release, the Texas Department of Public Safety said it "discovered one jar suspected to contain urine, 18 jars suspected to contain feces, and three bottles suspected to contain paint." The items were confiscated, as were tampons, glitter and confetti, according to a release.

"DPS said it received a tip that some attendees in the gallery had planned to "disrupt legislative proceedings" and began inspecting the bags of everyone who entered the Capitol. The release was later revised to note that the Senate authoritized the search."

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Deborah wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of pro-choicers' preferred methods of "debate," Satan's gotta be really ticked. The Texas Dept. of Public Safety is confiscating his minions' weapons, and the screaming harpies will be getting a quick trip to jail if they try again to shout down the legislative proceedings.
[from a July 12 story on the WFAA Channel 8 (ABC affiliate) website}
"In a release, the Texas Department of Public Safety said it "discovered one jar suspected to contain urine, 18 jars suspected to contain feces, and three bottles suspected to contain paint." The items were confiscated, as were tampons, glitter and confetti, according to a release.
"DPS said it received a tip that some attendees in the gallery had planned to "disrupt legislative proceedings" and began inspecting the bags of everyone who entered the Capitol. The release was later revised to note that the Senate authoritized the search."
Seriously? Your arguing with me about whether or not there are non-religious arguments against abortion, and you bring up Satan?

LOL, you're dismissed.
LineDazzle

Hawarden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? Your arguing with me about whether or not there are non-religious arguments against abortion, and you bring up Satan?
LOL, you're dismissed.
Butch Bitner, when it comes to what a masculine voice sounds like, your voice is dismissed, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••