Citizen

Joaquin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

DETCOG has made a mistake in saying that the counties were given the right to set addressing standards. County Governments in the state of Texas do not have legislative powers and the state can not give them this power by law. The counties were only given the right to set addresses and there is no mention of them setting their own independent standards. The standards were set by the legislature through the statute that allows the counties to set 911 addresses. The standard is uniform throughout the State. They were not given the right to rename a road without the roads name being in conflict with another named road. I wish these double talking staff members would stop trying to lie to the citizens to justify illegal actions taken probably based on bad advice from these same staff members of DETCOG. Unless there is a change in the constitution of the United States the actions taken by some counties in the state of Texas are unconstitutional and they are also not in Compliance with the statute that they are claiming that gave the counties this right. Only the State legislature can set a 911 addressing standard and it will be statewide. I have said these idiots keep trying to cover up their mistakes by making things seem a certain way. The law of our land is very clear and shows quite distinctly the standards for 911 addressing was set by the state legislature, and whatever the counties actually did does not seem to be in compliance with state or federal laws. These people from driving around and listening to the affected areas have made a big mess and instead of accomplishing the goals of 911 addressing seem to be more in line with a method for insulting the rural citizens. Cr #### according to the state statute as set by the state of Texas can only be used ten times in a jurisdiction of a 911 addressing authority. So! As you can see they are not in compliance with the act that gave them the authority to set addresses and not standards. The standards are already set in the statute any 911 addressing authority that does not follow the state's addressing standard is breaking the law even if they do not realize it. And they are breaking federal law by breaking contracts that were made on roads with a given name. This is not a civil offence for a government entitty to break a contract with a citizen. It is a criminal offence under the U.S. Constitutions Law. So! DETCOG, a public corporation is advocating that county governments have the power of the state to regulate state law (in other words change the law to fit their own agenda). This is also a breach of federal law. The power of the state was given by the federal government to the state and any power of the state can not be given to the county except for the power of enforcement. Counties in the State of Texas do not have the authority to set an addressing standard, only to set addresses for the purpose of 911 addressing in their jurisdictions. And the current interpretation of the standard by the counties violates the state's 911 addressing standards in some instances. This basically means they are in non-compliance with state law. The county government does not have any direct power to change the name of a road that it does not own. This means that county right of way roads are not under their authority to rename if they were adopted with a name. Safety is not a reason to abandon freedom or law.
Citizen

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2012

911 addressing authorities are not willing to work or coordinate with residents. Until you are willing to coordinate with residents and abide by the laws you are breaking, then and only then will you have a workable 911 addressing system. This chip on your shoulder attitude is not helping 911 authorities but only antagonizing the general public and jeapordizing any concept for the publics safety. Under federal law you can not enforce an assigned name to an already established named address without committing fraud. If you are truely interested in creating a workable 911 addressing system then you are going to have to start dealing with the users. Until 911 authorities understand how they are breaking laws in their effort to create a 911 addressing system and the law enforcement people start enforcing the law there will not be a 911 addressing system that works. You people live in America and if you do not understand that then read the first law of our land and you will see that it starts out ( WE THE PEOPLE), and not we the 911 addressing authorities. Facism is your method of approach to your problem and the one problem with that is that you will break the law of the United State of America. You can not honestly believe that you are working for people when you are insulting them. We are for the most part christian in our spirit of law and your actions are that of a bunch of brown shirts of Old Germany in the 1930's and 40's. Why did America go to war with this government if our government agreed with this kind of behavior. Your addressing system is destroying our history and bringing us full circle into the past. Do not make us repeat history. You are not acting in the best interest of anyone in this country who loves their freedom. We bought our homes on an already named road and there is absolutely no safety reason for you to change the names of our roads. You were given a very simple task and that was to put a mileage number in front of the roads name as it was adopted in the past. There is absolutely no good reason for you break the law by assigning these Cr addressings to already named roads. You are only doing it out of hatred. There is no pulling names out of a hat here. This is just good old fashioned contempt for the people and the law.
Citizen

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

I have finally discovered why the counties are so fast to cover themselves. The Corporation DETCOG has said that the counties were given the right to set standards for 911 addressing and that it is found in the county road and bridge act. Well! I have consulted several people and it turns out if the bill has this included then the bill is nothing but dead. In Texas only the state legislature has the power to legislate, the counties only have the power to enforce legislation. Setting Standards is legislating and is illegal to do except for certain cities and their powers are limited. Only the state legislature in Texas can legislate. But, it is my recollection that the bill had already set the standards and whatever interpretation that is currently being used by DETCOG is wrong. Fix the addresses and stop playing games. Cr is not a name and niether is County Road. Pvt or Private road is also not a name and futhermore it makes people think that the people who live there were too retarded to name their road. Put the historically acurate names back and stop hating people. I think that all of you should be tattooed with a number so that you will understand your error. But since I would not want to have that done to me I would not support such an act. Fix the addresses, this Cr repetitive addressing is confusing and unsafe to the general public. You do not have the right to break contracts by the statute as you have written it anyway.
Gunter

Grandview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

A legal bounty reward is about to be started for anyone who can legally remove Cr #### and Pvt #### addresses from the Texas 911 addressing system. Anyone who wishes to contribute to such a reward should ask for information from their elected state representative and senators in Texas. Lets take back our property and set the 911 addressing system back on a safety oriented goal and drop this unsafe addressing by county officials. When donating make sure that these addresses will be permanently removed from 911 addressing before giving any money to anyone. And make sure that they have the authority under the law to do so. This seems to be the only way to make address corrections happen in Texas. Put the history back into 911 addressing and retain it for our future generations. Stop the fraud.
Citizen

Grandview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Dear Where am I this is widespread over the state of Texas and is being caused because of many things, but the number one thing is extra money from the state of Texas to fix the 911 addressing system that they produced with a flaw from the beginning. You can not rightly put your finger on who is responsible because the fingers point in all directions. But according to state law your 911 address problems are the responsibility of the county in which you live. Then there is usually a counsil of Government, then the CSEC OF Texas, then the Sunset advisory commission, then the state of Texas, and evey last one of these agencies have dropped the ball. Their mistakes are a bane on our society because they are paying very little attention to the most powerful thing in this state your address. Without a valid or usable address a lot of things get messed up. The current recession for instance has quite a few candidates to blame for setting it off, but none of which actually were responsible. The U.S. Military would be able to furnish the answer because in conditions of war the action that set the recession off is an action that would be used to disrupt communications. You can not radically change a communication system without a disruption, but unlike the military these people inside the system are paying little heed to the power that they disrupted and just how many things get affected by your address. But their number one failure was to recognize that a change needs the input from the citizens who live with it. These 911 authorities in Texas and throughout the United States for that matter have either been too stupid to understand the power of changing addresses without proper oversight and order of law. They made a 911 addressing system but they made one that does not work. And for the most part it is because of arrogance, and their willingness to abuse their authority.
Gunter

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Do not hold your breath about correcting your address, but this problem is definitely a local issue. It is a problem that no one above the county level is paying any attention to some of your 911 officials are actually listening to the people and others are not. Newton County Texas is intentionally abusing the 911 addressing statute and they are being misled by the COG who runs their system. You can not rename a named road for the purposes of the 911 addressing mandate without it being in conflict of another named road. Renaming a road to fit a 911 address system is illegal even under the 911 addressing mandate because it does not give any authority to rename a road under this mandate except by specific reasons. The biggest problem that 911 addressing officials have is that they are not interested in safety only in creating a system and they are not even worried about it working. These people are not acting within the law in some instances and the law is not stopping their law breaking even though it is very obvious that they are breaking the law. My advice to the citizen of my state is to remove everyone in office that is ignoring this problem. Anyone who thinks it is appropriate to rename a road for no reason has no respect for you or the county you live in. Because they are against your heritage and your history. The county Court here in Newton County Texas has even went so far as to try to rename a cemetery even though everyone there is from one family and the cemetery is privately owned. This is very much illegal and that is why I say that any information issued by officials in Newton County Texas should be treated as suspect. And most information about Newton County Texas on private pages are fraudulant because they get their information from the County. Information on the County Record does not support information being issued by the Commissioners court, and information stored elsewhere is not supporting these lies either. Fraud is a crime and it too is not a part of any 911 addressing mandate law.They have the power to correct their mistakes but you tell me why they continue to refuse to do so.
Gunter 11

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

The problem is not 911 addressing but the stupid idiots that are implementing them are using this 911 addressing to attack certain citizen and not for what it was intended to do. How else do you explain the breaking of contracts for road easements by the county government toplace an unsafe and confusing type address to an already named road. These morons seem to think that they can rename a road every day and not be punished for it. The problem is that no one can complain unless they want to go to prison, because instead of doing the right thing these officials attack the very people that this law was implemented to protect. How can a 911 address be of use to anyone if the people it is assigned to do not want to use and are being forced to by police officers. You want to know what is wrong with the economy. You do not have to look any farther than the 911 officials who were put in charge of it. The local Post offices are even in on this crap and they wonder why no one is using the mail. Are they really as stupid as they sound? If the governor of Texas is listening then I want him to know that law abiding citizens are being attacked by county officials under the guise of 911 addressing and they are literally destroying your states economy. Because even when a company reaches a client he does not make a sale because he has already destroyed any confidence in the company because they are using an offensive assigned address issued by 911 officials who either do not realize they are attacking people or are doing it on purpose. These people do not know what a poll tax is and because of this the state of Texas is going to lose it's law suit with the Justice Department. For some reason local and state officials have forgotten that federal law over-rides any state law and even though people who live in this state are citizens of it. They are also United States Citizens and have certain civil rights that are being ignored by local county officials. A road easement is legally binding contract and protected by the federal government. So! Please explain to me why a contract made by the state to furnish water to a company downstream on the sabine river is being protected over a state law and a contract with a citizen for a named road is not. The Governor and the Texas legislature needs to step in and correct these 911 officials perception of the law. I do not feel sorry for the USPS because they are allowing these officials to interfere with the delivery of the United States Mail and that according to U.S. Law is a crime. The trust of the citizens has been broken and nobody seems to be willing to fix the problem because it continues in Newton County Texas, and to make matters worse even the fire departments are flagging the street signs to help companies find their clients on public projects. Dear Governor tell these mis-guided officials to put the real street names back on the streets and stop abusing the law. My personal opinion is that everything that the 911 officials have done in my county of Newton Texas was either to get more money out of the state for the same job and to get back at certain citizens that they hate with one blow.These people are not as stupid as they sometimes act or want someone to believe. But putting cr and pvt on almost every road is the most stupidest thing that I have ever seen them do. I mean they might as well have done nothing and the roads would have been safer. Now! They have added a risk to everyone driving on the roads.People rubbernecking trying to find the right cr numbered road and you guys in Austin are worried about cell phones.
Citizen

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

The new sheriff seems to be smarter, but will he have the backbone to put the correct names on the roads and stop these people from endangering lives and property. The property owner has a right to say who is trespassing on his property. Put the legal names on the roads and stop the confusion. The locals know the names and not these numbers. The state of Texas and the people in charge seem to be too shortsighted to correct it, because they are afraid of the county courts calling it interference in county business. So! Ask the counties to correct the addresses and if they fail to do so. Keep their state funds on hold until they have done what you have asked. The money isn't helping anyone anyway when they are refusing to listen to reason.
Citizen

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

The main problem with 911 addressing is that the people that were put in charge of assigning addresses simply do not care about what they are doing. In order for something to work you must have everyones cooperation. The fact that these people did not consult the actual property owners about their addressing shows that they have nothing but contempt for the property owners, society, history, safety, and the general welfare of the citizens. Slavery was supposed to be a thing of the past and the citizen are supposed to be secure in their property according to the constitution. The way and methods being used to assign and enforce these current assigned addresses is criminal and very un-American. The state has allowed the 911 officials the authority to violate peoples rights and many other abuses related to addressing. How can you claim to be doing what is right when you are creating a bigger mess than you had when you started. Currently the 911 addressing officials are still abusing the citizens of this state, there is absolutely no oversite to their actions or methods. This is still the land of the free and the home of the brave and I for one would like to know why our elected officials are trying to treat everyone like slaves. I will no longer give money knowingly to any agency or group associated with 911 addressing unless it is by law. I consider these people enemies of our country. They are causing this recession even if they believe that they are not. Addressing affects the life blood of our economy and when you allow it to be corrupted then you are going to have economic strive or a big black market. This lack of insight by the government shows that they also have contempt for the citizens of this state. Who are these people who think that they are better than the people that they represent? How do they justify renaming things that they did not make or build? These are the sniveling spoiled rotten kids that we raised, who have no respect for anything or anyone. You want to know why the people are not using your addresses and putting up signs just start calling everyone you know a name that you know that they do not like and I guarentee you are going to end up in the Emergency room. The economy is shrinking because you can not send anything with a guarentee of success from point A to point B, and all of this is because a bunch of snotty nosed bullies failed to do the right thing. A system only works if it is used.
Citizen

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Well! The federal government and the USPS have finally given their answer, and that is that this problem is a local thing. It has nothing to do with any law. And that there is a chance that the local 911 authorities may have done some things wrong and that they should correct these addresses in the near future. They also said that DETCOG has no authority over 911 addressing and would only be able to do this with approval of the county government and that does not mean that they had the legal authority to change addresses. The USPS does not have any policy for returning the mail. Any problem with mail delivery is still strictly with your local post master and his actions are probably based on bad addressing from the county governments.
Citizen

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

The government seem more worried about where their grant money went than into whether the 911 addressing system is going to work. This recession was caused and will continue when state and local officials stop making mandates and start acting like the duly elected officials that they are and who are responsible to the people they represent. Renaming roads was not a part of 911 addressing but an abuse of the law when there was no reason to rename a road. Renaming a majority of the roads in a jurisdiction with the same name is also a violation of at least the Texas 911 addressing ordinances. You can not expect law abiding citizen to respond positively to a system that is full of fraud and threats of physical violence against their person and their property. The USPS is going broke because of their strict adherence to 911 addressing by their local post masters. 911 addressing is a complete failure in the state of Texas because there was no oversight, or direct input by the citizens. If you are looking for Susan and you ask for Kim then chances are you will not be able to find Susan. When you make up a name and you put it on a road that already had a name chances are you will have difficulty finding that road. 911 addressing officials acted and continue to act like dictators than elected officials. You do not threaten the public or its citizens over their use of a 911 address. Burkeville is located in Newton County Texas and Newton County is located in Texas which is located in the United States of America. So! U.S.,Texas, Newton County are also names for Burkeville Texas.A made up 911 address is only a name used by the 911 officials these locations can have other names. Cr , pvt are not names of roads only usage designations and can only lead to confusion. They absolutely 100% have no business being used as part of a large addressing system. The trouble with the state of Texas and most other rural officials is that unlike cities rural areas generally can not depend and do not depend on the government for anything. Discrimination in programs is also a crime. Please explain how one road leading to one ranch can be called cr#### and another ranch road be called Circle Z ranch road when both are being maintained by county funds. Listen fellas put the real names on the roads and stop attacking the rural citizens in their homes and there may be a chance things will straighten out. Chances are one of these slighted people will get into office and attack you.
cITIZEN

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Well! It looks like the state or someone has finally taken notice that there is a problem with the street addresses in at least Newton County Texas. But here is the problem instead of correcting the street name they are correcting the house numbers. The street name is the problem because of the use of numbers. Numbers tend to blurr when looking at them from the highway, or else the state would not be issuing as many speeding tickets as they do. So! Why does these so called experts keep making the same mistake because the addressing is just another tool that the County is using to attack its citizens and has nothing whatsoever to do with safety. If they were concerned for the safety of their citizens they would never had tried to change the known names of the roads. Would you prefer to get directions specifically from a map or a person? The 911 authorities have eliminated the information that a person might be able to tell you because now only the map knows the name of the roads. I challenge these State officials to even try to correct the name of the roads and see if the 911 officials can claim that they have the right to violate their rights as well. There is no 911 emergency service in Newton County Texas that is available to its citizens. There is a 911 map, but it contains a bunch of roads with the letters Cr and a number.Extremely useful don't you think in an emergency when every second counts.
cITIZEN

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

It doesn't really matter who decided that they would use 911 addressing to attack specific citizens here in Texas. The fact remains that they did it. And the fact remains that they enacted addresses with no concern for their legalities. You can not rename a road unless its name is in conflict with another road. The power given to the county courts does not grant them this presumed ability. The state government did not give them the power to break contracts, copyright laws, or power over private property. The people in charge locally have failed to follow the laws of this country. Its that simple. And this is happening nationwide and its the one thing that was enacted in 2008 that no one seems to understand is what really caused this recession. The USPS is the major contributor to this by using only 911 addresses to deliver mail to. They allowed themselves to be drawn into an illegally made addressing system, but a system that was made without the co-operation of this country's property owners. If a road is known as Martin Luther King road by everybody, then why would they have the reason to change the name for 911 addressing. This happened to many named and adopted by federally protected contracts through the local county governments and local 911 addressing authorities roads. Well! I can go on about the numerous times that laws were broken, but that is not going to help the economy or the people and their property's Safety. The people who are in charge of 911 addressing need to forced to correct their mess and get in compliance with the laws of our country. In my country (USA),people have civil rights, and our state legislature did not give the 911 addressing authorities the right to violate peoples rights for any reason. These people broke contracts illegally,copyright names illegally, and civil rights illegally under the guise of safety. How can the citizens trust their government if they allow themselves the privalege of not following the law. While safety is the main issue of a 911 address. The fact remains that somehow the USPS allowed itself to be used by these people and enacted a policy locally to not deliver mail unless it used the local 911 address which regardless of its legallity does not in most cases have the known name on the roads in certain areas of the county(usually poor areas). The known names were removed by these 911 addressing officials and have resulted in a lot of deaths and houses burning down because the volunteer or outside emergency officials could not ask anyone for directions because the roads names are not known to the citizens and are confusing because there is only one number seperating them. Who's in charge of our safety and why are they continuing to ignore the facts that the assigned addresses regardless of their legallities are just not safe. And the fact remains if you can not get a letter or an item from point A to point B, you will not have an economy. While the government is still making money there will come a bursting point and the economy will simply fail right along with the government.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 33 of33
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••