First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Citizen

Morgan, TX

#1 Jun 26, 2010
The reason you can't correct your address with anyone is that your local 911 Authorities have taken possession of your property. They tell you what your street is named. And if they have made a mistake that in any way violates your rights as a US citizen there is nobody that will help you even if everyone on your street does not like the name assigned by some petty person working for you paid by you and supposedly helping you with this service. This is the most un-american thing that I have ever heard of. The problem is that this system has left out the most important thing involved in any system and that is you. Your congressman will laugh and your senator's will laugh about your complaints. But a hate crime is exactly the same action being taken as the action being taken here. The N word or the word Cracker,and many other such demeaning names are considered hate crimes. So! Why is the state ignoring the use of the letters cr, or Pvt because they are not being told how confusing that these letters are. There is a rule that was ignored by these 911 enities, and that is that not more than 10 streets can even have a similiar name according to the law as it is written. The whole purpose for allowing the commisioners the power to rename a road was strictly to prevent what they have ultimately done have two roads with the same name. Some of these counties went to an extreme and allowed the rich districts to keep their regular street names while some of your poorer neighborhoods were forced to use this cr even though the street had a name and was accepted by everyone as being this street. They call this descrimination in most parts of the world. Where is the america that we loved, where is the Texas that stressed family values. I hope you guys in Austin realize that Math is one of this nations weakest skills. So! quit trying to reduce us Texans to a Number. Cr is endangering lives and property in some parts of Texas on a daily basis.
Texan

Cleburne, TX

#2 Mar 9, 2011
Cr, Co Rd, Pvt,pvt, county road,and other such abbreviations are hate. These so-called names are demeaning to the people that live on these roads. These Roads had names but the commissioners have taken advantage of 911 addressing to attack their rivals and show disdain for others in the rural areas who can not afford attorneys to fight this offensive action. The outcome of this Cr, and pvt idea is the unnessary endangerment of lives and property in the state of Texas. And since a lot of people are turning off their landlines because of it. 911 operations in the state of Texas are now primarily serving the upper classes. And as for the census being an accurate tool for measuring population growth and other things. I would like you people to know that not everybody has a phone, and mail is not going to every household in the state. And kids are being born and live in this state that do not have birth certificates, or DL's. And some children have never seen anything past their front yard. Insulting people is not the way to get them to participate in anything. And another thing to all of you elitist out there. Some people in this state have never seen in-door plumbing. They still was their dishes clothes and bodies in a creek, or rainwater tank. And they still use outhouses. So! Laugh it up. When you are told that you are insulting people. You are calling people that you do not know ignorant and you are not even aware of anything that is going on right in front of your noses. If you keep ignoring these slights sooner or later they will be happening to you, because you will not always be on top.
Finepix

Cedar Park, TX

#3 Mar 9, 2011
Citizen wrote:
The reason you can't correct your address with anyone is that your local 911 Authorities have taken possession of your property. They tell you what your street is named. And if they have made a mistake that in any way violates your rights as a US citizen there is nobody that will help you even if everyone on your street does not like the name assigned by some petty person working for you paid by you and supposedly helping you with this service. This is the most un-american thing that I have ever heard of. The problem is that this system has left out the most important thing involved in any system and that is you. Your congressman will laugh and your senator's will laugh about your complaints. But a hate crime is exactly the same action being taken as the action being taken here. The N word or the word ****,and many other such demeaning names are considered hate crimes. So! Why is the state ignoring the use of the letters cr, or Pvt because they are not being told how confusing that these letters are. There is a rule that was ignored by these 911 enities, and that is that not more than 10 streets can even have a similiar name according to the law as it is written. The whole purpose for allowing the commisioners the power to rename a road was strictly to prevent what they have ultimately done have two roads with the same name. Some of these counties went to an extreme and allowed the rich districts to keep their regular street names while some of your poorer neighborhoods were forced to use this cr even though the street had a name and was accepted by everyone as being this street. They call this descrimination in most parts of the world. Where is the america that we loved, where is the Texas that stressed family values. I hope you guys in Austin realize that Math is one of this nations weakest skills. So! quit trying to reduce us Texans to a Number. Cr is endangering lives and property in some parts of Texas on a daily basis.
I think I HATE YOU!
Citizen

Kittanning, PA

#4 Apr 19, 2011
The only people that would hate my remarks are people who liked to be oppressed or like oppressing people. And anyone else that hates my remarks are those people in society who hate dealing with the truth when it is thrown up in their face. But regardless, as to why you hate me the state of Texas is wrong for allowing this kind of behavior from its politicians. So! If you hate me for my opinion of 911 addressing in Texas then, go find you an island and change your name to Fidel.
Citizen

Kittanning, PA

#5 Apr 26, 2011
Regardless of whether you hate my remarks or not. The actions taken by the commissioners courts in rural East Texas are wrong. Because there is the safety issue, then the civil rights issue, but then there is the historical issue. All three of these things are necessary to have a society where family values are to be promoted. And when you are driving down a roadway in East Texas and you see streamers or bottles literally hanging from the street signs. You have to be an absolute idiot not to understand that there is a safety issue there. And if a street name does not seem recognizable then it should be replaced. But Cr is not a name and could mean anything from Court Record to Creek. But the real issue is the abundant use of these letters at multiple locations on the same road can be more confusing than helpful. And while GPS devices are pretty much available to the public, they contain errors about speed limits and a good number of other things about an area. And generally a lot of rural households do not have the extra money to pay for such an extravagance. They are having a hard enough time putting food on their tables. The commissioners courts have done something that has hurt this country so bad that we will literally take decades to repair. And that is if we do not go under. They literally decided to disrupt private communications for no reason except arrogance. And the U.S. Post office and the phone companies are the first to reap the effects of this. But the fun part is that now the tax offices are begining to feel the effects of this abusive 911 addressing system that they installed and that does not work. The government is going to have to relearn that they can not govern without those that they intend to govern. America was great because of its people and not its government, and perhaps it will be great again. And perhaps Texans will take Texas back.
Citizen

Kittanning, PA

#6 May 21, 2011
Well! This keeps gettting better and better. 911 addressing as implemented illegally by the county commissioners courts has cost this state another 20-30 million dollars to send and resend voter registration forms. Jasper County will have to spend another 8000 dollars on just stamps to do the job. These Cr addresses are a bane on the citizen and are being placed on the roads unconstitutionally by legal force. If the DETCOG area tells the State of Texas that there have been no complaints about the use of these letters or the words County Road then they are lying to the State. The Counties in this area have used the sheriff's office and other agencies that are supposed to protect the citizens from harm to enforce the use of these serial numbers, or general descriptions of road use such as private road. These illegally posted letters and words are being used in direct opposition of the people, and they can say that they have a 911 address system and they will be right, but it is the most unsafe system that they could use for the system. Please force these people to put the real names back on these roads and stop playing with the publics safety. You tried these stupid things and they have proven themselves to be unsafe as well as confusing. Those who are trying to change the names of roads instead of setting names on the roads have acted illegally. The 911 law allows only for the setting of names on roads, and does not allow for the general renaming of roads for no reason. Contracts were made using the real names of the roads easements were granted by citizen for roads based on names. It is against the law to rename these roads without the consent of the originator of the easement. This is under U.S. Contract law. It is also unconstitutional to censor free speech by enforcing a name on a road against the owners will. There is no State law that can be held over Federal law, and in general the state constitution does not force the state to provide public services for any area of the state. Which means that the state does not even have the power to force public services on the general public without being in violation of the U.S. Constitution. City's generally as a rule do not violate the law because they usually provide services evenly in their jurisdictions, and when they don't they are fined by the government. Counties in the DETCOG area seem to be using their CAD's as an illegal enforcement agency and also seem to be using exhortion techniques to force the disenfranchised citizens from making a fuss about these stupid addresses. The Counties and these support agencies are putting the general public's safety at risk as well as the public coffers by trying to shove these serial number addresses. The law as passed said to set names on roads. Cr, Pvt, Co Rd, County Road, and private Road are not names, but general non-descript letters and words that bear no seperate meaning. And numbering roads is not any better without a name they are nothing but a un-safe confusing mess.
citizen

Kittanning, PA

#7 May 23, 2011
What I would like to know is why is our local officials acting like they know our needs better than we do. The people should have a say in things and to all you people who think that the general public is too stupid to make their own decisions. I say to you lazy wanna bes get a real job where your decisions could cost you income and you will not make these hairbrain mistakes. If you can not see how dangerous these 911 addresses that you made up are then you should be put out of office for being incompetent. You have played your game and you are costing us lterally millions of dollars here in East Texas just because you refuse to do the right thing. People are dying needlessly because you refuse to listen to the people. Your 911 addresses are not working, put the real names of the roads back and allow society to decide what is not working. Stop bullying people with your abuse of power. Reign in your gestapo agents. The thought police were in Germany and Russia and they practically ruined their countries. If you are an American tell your public officials that they are wrong for this behavior. Their authority is not as important as the peoples rights.
Citizen

Ford City, PA

#8 May 29, 2011
I have done the only thing left for me to do. I have stopped the delivery of mail to my home with this dumb address. And I have disconnected my Phone, while it may be harder to communicate and make it harder to reach me. I am an american and I fought against this type of thing when I was a young man. The government does not have the right to tell you what you call a road to your home. They hav steadily been chipping away after your rights in the name of public safety. While some of you may think that this is no big deal, but you better stand up or you will find someone very similar to the natzi brown shirts running things. And whether you know your History or not even Hitler was afraid of these guys. Your local politicians do not understand this kind of action that they are commiting you to is the least bit dangerous to you. They were not there and did not live in the time that these things existed, because we their fathers have fought to protect them and they grew up without this danger. The worst enemy that America has is itself. Change can be a good thing, but if it disregards History and civil rights it will become a problem. America is susceptable to be changed to a non-democratic country, even into becoming a dictatorship. Protect your rights, and protest these supposed little changes according to your duly elected representatives or you may find that you won't be the boss of your own destiny. Freedom is a precious thing and can be wrestled away in the name of mandates and safety. If you are not free then how can you really be sure that you are safe. Now, these 911 authority know that these Cr addresses are causing problems with the safety of the public, but they refuse to act to protect you, because they do not want to lose face. My message to the state is I do not care if the rest of the country is doing this. This crap is illegal and a direct danger to the people you have sworn to protect and represent. How can you represent a person if you advocate the disrepect of that person and his History. Texas touts family values, but what value is a family if the local politicians have no respect to that persons history or surname. You ask on your forms what my address is, and I say that my address is not County Road. My family was not retarded and they did name the road that I live upon, and the only issue that a 911 addressing system in America should be concerned with is whether the name is unique. We pay millions of dollars to educate our citizens to read, so why is it that we allow our employees to get away with telling us things like our emergency services personel have a problem reading and need to have serial numbers to get around with. Most of the personel in my area are just as confused as the rest of us by these stupid cr addresses. They are generic and blend into each other, they do not stand out to be recognized. This makes it harder to find the roads, because you delegated to looking for a number. Instead of a unique name. This 911 addressing system that DETCOG is responsible for supporting is a danger to the general public and costing us millions of dollars because of the disruption in services and direct damages to our society. And these problems will only to continue as each bubble they have caused comes to the surface. Our economy is about to take another hit because of these stupid addresses.
citizen

Kittanning, PA

#10 Jun 13, 2011
Dear Texas If you are having problems contacting some of your citizens then blame yourselves. They are beginnig to turn off their mis-addressed land line phones and a lot of them are considering to transfer their mail to other addresses. 911 communications in Texas is taking another hit, without phones in these rural areas 911 services will be even more difficult to furnish and fires will be even more difficult to fight because by the time some one gets to a phone the fire will be out of control. 911 addressing was supposed to increase response time to an address and now that there are fewer phones in an area a new problem has been created by the very thing that was supposed to reduce it. Assigned addressing is something that is done in other countries not in a democratic country like the United States. This Cr addressing is taking its toll on our post offices and our economy in general, and not to mention how unsafe it is. The statute said not more than 10 streets with a similar name. These local yokels have named almost every road Cr or pvt #### and you do not seem to be interested in upholding the law even though it is obvious that what they did with 911 addressing has broken many laws state and federal as well as created an unsafe situation on our roads and in our society. Make these people correct their addressing to the original names on these roads. They only did what they did to get back at some people. How else can you explain that certain people named roads continue to bear the name of people in this jurisdiction. Discrimination is a federal crime, and when it involves a name it can even be classified as a hate crime, because names are sometimes tied to someones ethnicity. Texas has a problem and it seems to be ignoring it, and Jasper Texas has still got a black eye because the state ignores these things even though they are very obvious to see. 911 addressing in the DETCOG area is obviously not about safety but about power over the people.
Citizen

Hemphill, TX

#11 Jul 22, 2011
You would think that some lawyer out there would go after them after all this is another way of regulating speech. You can not take private property and then assign a name to it without consulting the owner because you would be regulating the property owners right to freedom of speech and that is precisely why the statute says the right to set, and not the right to assign names to road. I do not know who is in charge here, but a blind man can see that how they assigned 911 addressing is illegal. Then there is the law that states that the government shall pass no law that they knowingly will endanger the lives and property of the citizenry. This is another case of what they can get away with and not what is right or legal for that matter. Whoever is in charge of this program has also contributed to the downfall in our economy and may yet push us into a reccession. I want this problem resolved legally and I do not want you people involved in this to just start pointing fingers. You fix this problem and you will help to improve the economy. How many people do you know that are biting at the bit to live in a house with the address ####cr####. I don't thinki you will have a lot of takers based on the name. Forest Gump the movie character said it best "stupid is as stupid does". Whoever is in charge of this addressing you are not only a jerk, but you are also a moron.
Texan

Hemphill, TX

#12 Aug 27, 2011
If you are having a problem with the 911 addressing people and can not get it fixed. File a complaint with your United States Representative and seek criminal charges against them. In Texas the 911 addressing system is operated by a public Council of Government and can face the same penalties as a citizen under federal law. I agree with the citizens response to 911 addressing in East Texas especially that certain laws were broken and then they immediately did what they could to cover up the fact by letting the people complaining know that they will get them if they do not shut up. East Texas used to be known as a crooked place by the authorities in the past, and is still known to be a place where racist reside. Some of these rural counties are operated by people who do not care about nobody but themselves, and operate the government to their benefit and not to the citizens. I do not believe that the government has the right to rename roads without consulting the people who live there. It would put the government in direct conflict with the US Constitution in my opinion. Freedom of Speech being the first. The people who are unwilling to use these addresses would lose their communications by an act of the government and thus the government would be violating their right of free speech. But, from what I have seen of Newton County's addressing the violations go well beyond the Constitution there is a legitimate safety issue about these so-called safety addresses and the commissioners court there has only one answer. It's their way or the highway, and they wonder why they are one of the poorest counties in Texas DUH!
Gunter

Hemphill, TX

#13 Oct 28, 2011
Newton County Texas 911 Street Addressing is not in compliance with the Laws of the state of Texas or the United States of America. Some streets addressed cr #### are illegally called by this designation illegally. The multiple use of this Cr #### as an address on the roads in this County are not only dangerous and confusing to the general public, but were placed on the roads there at gunpoint by the local authorities. While the state may not have a direct provision in the law to prevent this there are several that prevent this in the Texas Constitution because there are laws on the federal level that make this illegal. The loose interpretation of the law on the County level and the ignoring or lack of oversight at the state level does not make these addresses legal. Because of the way these County's implemented addresses the whole system is going to continue to have a problem in one form or the other. You can not take someone's property even for safety purposes in the USA. And you can not call someone a name that the resident finds to be insulting, and dangerous. Placing addresses on property without consulting the originator of the roads name is a breach of trust by the public. Renaming a road under contract with a name already in place and accepted by the public is a violation of law. The economies nation wide are all being affected by the abuses in law being made by the many different 911 addressing agencies. Some people love their property as if it were a part of themselves and the government should realize that it is in the governments best interest to promote this culture, before everyone starts living in slums doing just enough to keep their houses habitable. You do not need a phone, electricity, or any other present day luxury item to have a home stead. And for the state to enforce a 911 address they would have to be knowingly violating laws regarding the freedom of speech. You can not regulate speech, and it was illegal to interfere with the delivery of the mail, and it is still illegal to defame a person by subjecting them to a name that they find offensive. This is the reason that these local officials are violating the law by trying to remove a person from their property by naming it in a manner undesirable to the property owner who already bought a named property. The county officials have created a tort,which means they have caused a property owner unreasonable monetary damage. And if these officials had followed the law of Texas by understanding that their total authority was to set an address on roads and not to make one up of their very on. The County officials by assigning their own addresses have violated every law pertaining to civil rights and several pertaining to property rights and procedures of eminant domain. They believe it or not are setting the precedent that they can take any property in the public sector and use it in any manner they see fit without consulting the owner. They only have to take another step to seize private money from public banks by law. When the government plays fast and loose with the law it can only endanger the public's interest and not enhance it.
Citizen

Cleburne, TX

#14 Nov 7, 2011
DETCOG seems to be hung up on what they think Texas Law is, but they seem to be ignoring the fact that any state statute has to comply first with federal laws. The counties do not have the right to name roads that they do not own without coming into conflict with the U.S. Constitution. Land Owners do have rights that the state does not have the authority to over rule. Otherwise the police would not need a search warrant for trespassing on private property. If someone has the right to name your property because they were granted an easement then that right would be listed in the easement. The counties that are violating the 911 addressing statute do not understand that under federal law, if they adopt a road that has a given name when they adopt a road then by contract they do not have the right to name or rename a road. The county as well as the state government and any of their assigns are barred from this by section II of the U.S. Constitution and is backed up by the state constitution in Texas. In other words any name change of a road has to have 100 % of the property owners who own land in an adopted road. They purchased land on a named road and any changes to that contract will lead to a legal tort. Which is why no government agency can break a contract. Renaming a named road is breaking a contract. DETCOG is supporting this violation of law, it is not a government entitty and can suffer criminal penalties as well as civil penalties. I do not know who is overseeing these agencies but you are in violation of federal law or are supporting violators of federal whether you are aware of these violations you are still responsible for them. Fix these violations by correcting the address road names that have been changed against the owners wishes, and I really do not care about your people claiming retardation as a reason for using these cr/pvt addresses. I pay taxes every year to educate everyone in my state to read and write and I do not think that emergency services personel should get a pass if they can not read or write. You may not be aware of these statements that are being made in jest by the people involved, but if you decide to come to Newton County Texas and you wish to find someone there you may want to pay attention to the balloons and ribbons on the sign post there because that is how most of the citizen there get around and not by using these cr/pvt address signs that are confusing as hell and are endangering the lives of the citizens who live here. If you are paying attention whether you believe it or not you are attacking the citizens of this state and are not furnishing any emergency service, but in most areas you have created a very dangerous problem. And another thing you need to be aware of is that you are disrupting commerce in a more severe way than you could possibly realize. 911 addressing in an area where you have renamed roads and alienated the citizens is costing this country a lot more money than you could possibly be aware of. A small low populated county such as Newton could be losing the state a million dollars in revenues daily and all because you are hell bent on using a fraudulant address instead of the address that was already there. The Statute that you keep talking about does not give the county courts the right to rename any roads, it clearly states that they are to only set names on roads. Any other interpretation will only lead to the violation of property owners civil rights. If the statute had intended the counties to rename roads it would not have said set, but would have clearly stated the right to rename roads and summarilly it would have been struck down as unconstitutional. Fix these addresses today and save the lives and economy of the people whose lives you have knowingly endangered.
Citizen

Hemphill, TX

#15 Nov 9, 2011
A road easement was given to Newton County Texas with a name on the roads. Under Section II of the U.S. Constitution it states that no government agency can break a contract by law. That means that Newton County has to get permission from the original contractor,or grantor to change the name of a road that they adopted with a name. Basically these Cr #### road serial numbers violate the 911 addressing statutes of Texas requiring a name but they violate federal law as well. The County has the right to name any un-named road and negotiate a name on a named road that is in conflict with another road. But as for the renaming of roads they do not have the outright authority to rename any road carte blanche. They have to comply with the peoples federally protected civil rights in order to legally rename any road that they do not own. The public interest in a road only pertains to the use of the private property as a road. The federal government protects the owners civil rights pertaining to the name of a road under several parts of the U.S. Constitution. The State of Texas does not have any authority to regulate speech. A named road by contract with the county through an easement grant will maintain it's name until the original grantor or his assigns agrees to a different name. International Laws pertaining to the naming of thing are a little more stringent than what I am telling you here. Newton County Court of Texas is in violation every time they enforce a different name for a road than that given by it's founder. 911 addressing is unsafe any way with the use of these serial number addresses and are not in compliance with the 911 addressing statute to begin with. It specifically requires that a name be set on all roads. The primary reason for this statute was to allow for a milage number to be attached to a location along these roads. The law does not give anyone the right to rename a named road in Texas. Any county that has renamed a road by force of law is actually not only breaking federal but the very statute that they are purporting to enforce. Read the Law! It is very plainly stated. You have to have the co-operation of the citizen's to even have a working 911 address system. Anarchy is what you instigated even if you do not see that you have alienated the citizen's. You people have placed fear in the hearts of your people and it will sooner or later erupt. This recession is the first sign of the trouble you have caused by not following the law. Any time a government talks about mandates on private property in which they do not own they can bank on having problems. Return to Sender is costing this government millions daily and it's anyone's guess as to how much it's costing in future revenue for our state. You economics major's out there need to understand that people are not cog's, they do tend to go buffy when confronted with force. We won world war II because we had the support of our citizen's. We had a bad time in veit nam because we did not have the people united behind us. Wake Up! Texas and any other state that is doing this. Correct these problems that were created by the counties and the COG'S. They have broken the laws of our state and country and their punishment is not a major concern to the people whose civil rights were stomped on. Show these local politicians that America is still here. Stop their abuse of the law.
Gunter

Kittanning, PA

#16 Jan 5, 2012
The state of Texas and the county of Newton have failed to correct the illegal Cr #### posting on named roads in my county. 911 addressing was done by breaking the law in Newton County Texas and more than likely a good number of Counties in the DETCOG 911 addressing area. When you change the name of a road for no reason on a map you are committing felony fraud in the United States of America. You are also guilty of violating the civil rights of the people on that road. How can a group of politicians and law enforcement officers who have sworn to uphold the U.S. Constitution ignore that they are breaking the laws of our country. They are ignoring the civil rights of certain individuals for a 911 addressing system that puts these peoples lives and property in danger. This is a form of civil negligence being perpurtrated in the name of safety. 911 addressing was done by criminals even though they bear the title commissioner or judge. Criminal activity by a county official even in 911 addressing is still a crime, and no one is doing anything to uphold the actual laws of this country. And they are wonderinng why we are in a recession. The people are afraid to invest in their property because of these law violations that are being used to target certain individuals in the County of Newton Texas. The numbers I get, but this CR, COUNTY ROAD ,PVT, PRIVATE ROAD is just illegal when the roads had a name and one person tells them that he does not want to change the name on his road. And using the county sheriff to enforce a name change is also a crime as well as faking the theft of road signs to attack an individual. The county of Newton Texas is not even in compliance with the 911 statute that they are using to enforce their reasons for doing this. The state legislature asked the Counties to set an address, and did not give them the right to attack their citizens over a dangerous non compliant illegal system of addressing. They were to simply put a number in front of the name of the road. That number was to reflect the milage to a home on that street. This naming everything in rural areas Cr with the occassional exception for certain rich households is illegal and the state will have to fix this anyway because it is almost as inefficient as the rurai route numbers were. These people did not only break the law but are going to cost the taxpayers more money to put up signs that should have been put up to begin with. They have also cost this state billions in lost revenues each quarter of the year that this has been engaged, as well as aided in the general bankruptcy of the U.S. Post office, and phone companies loss of their stable landline system. This recesssion that we are supposed to be in is a direct result of illegal activities by the counties being left unchecked. Inflated appraisals, illegally posted road names, interferring with commerce, communications and private property. An enemy country could not hurt us as bad as these people have been allowed to do. When you attack the people of the state of Texas, you are also attacking the state. The Texas legislature needs to stop these loose interpretations of the law and fix these outright violations of it.
Citizen

Kittanning, PA

#17 Jan 7, 2012
If you have a death related to an ambulance not being able to find you or if the fire department goes to the wrong address in Newton County Texas and you live on a road that has been renamed illegally or legally by their account you have the right to sue the state for damages. They will not listen to common reasoning and you just might be saving the life or property of one of your fellow Texans. They are not in compliance with the state 911 addressing statute and someone in the State Legislature should punish them for being so calvalier with the citizens lives and property. This Cr #### and pvt #### is unsafe as an address and very confusing to the people who live here, and they do not seem to care about the general welfare of the people who live here. This mess they made to get back at a few residents is costing this county millions in lost revenues each quarter. A government that does not listen to the people will fail, but usually not before the destruction of its society is over. The court was only supposed to set names on the roads and never was supposed to replace the names on the roads thus destroying our society. Prentiss Hopson, Thomas Gill, Mr. Powell, and Truman Daughtery would not like to be called natzi's but their actions in 911 addressing in Newton County Texas are similar to those taken by the Brown Shirts of Natzi Germany. This is a free society and whether state law says that you have a certain right you must always consult the U.S. Constitution to see if you have the absolute legal right to do something. In this case a company has been allowed to interfere with the delivery of the mail, commerce and other private legal dealings. A phone conversation seems to have the protection of the constitution but the address does not even on private property. A 911 address may be necessary, but it should be one that the property owner agrees too. And then it should be a safe address unlike CR #### which they put all over the place. And pvt is so stupid because it infers that the property owner is stupid.
Gunter

Hemphill, TX

#18 Feb 28, 2012
The reason 911 addressing failures are occurring is because the 911 authorities designed it to fail in order to get more funding later on. You can not say that the system was not destined to fail when you change the name of a road without reason and then you use the same term as a name for almost every road in the system you are pretty sure to have designed an addressing system that you know will fail. In America you have to have the citizens on board in order to have a 911 addressing system that will work. In my county they dictated addresses and enforce them through the sheriffs office. Freedom of speech is no longer in existance in a county that says it has the legal right to punish you for not using their addressing on your property. The only thing that I can think about these 911 addressing officials is that they are suffering from mental illness for renaming any road for no reason other than a system. Secondly, the same applies to anyone who assigns the same cr/pvt name to most of their roads. Thirdly, they do not seem to realize the extra problems that these type addresses create for anyone working with addresses within a system like this. It is so confusing and generally causes a breakdown in everything that is tied to this type addressing and that does not include the extra expense incurred from the extra time needed to sort through these type addresses in a system. 911 addressing is a failure in Newton County Texas because of the massive misuse of fake addressing by the 911 addressing authorities. They under Texas law were only to assign address numbers to named streets and name unnamed streets, they were not given the cart blanche right to rename roads, because that would put them in conflict possibly with federal laws. And in Newton County Texas that is exactly what has happened. You can not make a contract to adopt a road by a certain name and then rename that road later without altering a legally binding federally protected contract. No Government agency within the U.S. can alter a contract through an act of law after the contract has been entered into by the agency. Also the name of a road could be classified as intellectual property and subject to federal copyright laws. The local government may have jurisdiction over 911 addressing but they can not implement a system that operates outside of the law. The state of Texas has a legal problem here and I think that they are hoping it will go away by the use of attrition. There is an election coming up in a few months in this County and it is my reccommendation that all incumbents currently serving this county should be voted out of office if you as a citizen value your civil rights. And if not your civil rights then you should vote them out for being unchristian in their methods of office.
Gunter

Glen Rose, TX

#19 Apr 3, 2012
There is no confusion about 911 addresses in Newton County. They are intentionally made the way they are to create future jobs and gain the county more funding. They spend more money on looking up paper work. And they get more money to find people because of the confusing addresses. Look up cr address and you will find that there are a good number of these addresses in Newton County Texas. And you can look up the 911 addressing statute and you will find that this system is illegal by the statute 911 addressing standards and yet these addresses are being enforced at gun point and legal threat by local law enforcement. This is a direct violation of the US Constitution and you are right no one seems to care because they are getting paid and if you die because of these Cr addresses its not there fault. They will pay attention only when they are forced to by either someone dying that is well recognized or some major catastrophe where these addresses cause it. Until, the State changes these addresses back to there real names there is always going to be a problem. Cr addressing that was done by 911 addressing authorities in Newton County Texas will continue to cost the Government money in numerous ways, and endanger the citizens as well as any property in Texas. This problem that has occurred because of hate for certain citizen names is an example of government left uncontrolled. I do not know who is responsible for allowing these clearly problemsome addresses in Newton County but whoever you are safety is not of any concern to you or is the County's general welfare. You have directly caused certain citizens to be removed from their right to vote because you refuse to recognize any other address other than a 911 address that was placed on homes without any respect to the laws of this country. I do not understand why these elected officials think that the Constitution is a joke, and why they don't seem to understand that the law may have been passed constitutionally that does not mean that the law complies with thew constitution. You have to change the constitution before you can pass a law that is not constitutional
Citizen

Kittanning, PA

#20 Apr 22, 2012
Addresses are not mismarked, the County 911 authorities are refusing to use the real addresses and are trying to illegally change the legal addresses by breaking the law and using the states 911 statute to do it. The problem is they are not in compliance with this law either with their efforts to establish a 911 system. Put the real damn names on the roads and stop playing games with peoples lives and property. The state and federal mandate did not give you the right to play with addresses. It gave you the right to set an address, and did not give you the right in any way to change the name of any particular road. The people setting the addresses are causing the problems with 911 addressing. And to any one of you emergency responders who thinki its the citizens then quit your job, because the people who tell you what the address is are wrong and do not seem to be willing to admit that they are. And in the meantime while they have this chip on their shoulder the system will not work and they are destroying our economy and everything else. Take a look around rural east Texas road signs. Those bottles and flags and painted ribbons are being placed there because the 911 addressing authorities are wrong and their system can only work if they start shooting people and denying personal rights and freedoms like the Brown shirts did in Natzi Germany about 80 years ago. I am just waiting for them to start rounding up certain groups of people and ordering them to live where they assign them. Then the next step on the road to genecide can occur. 911 authorities in East Texas as far as my opinion are a group of thugs imposing their will over private property and have actually nothing to do with public safety. But are trying to set a precedent that will allow them to do other things later on. The Governor says he wants Texas to be family oriented, how can you think taking the family names off the county roads is going cement families. The ugly truth Governor is that 911 authorities are not putting the correct address on homes and are destroying your states economy. The abuse is widespread, and the result is return to sender and address unknown, how can an economy work let alone grow when you can not communicate with you customers without being interferred with. If a business can not reach its customers then how does the state think that the county government is actually furnishing services and that those services are being used and are not just a bunch of made up stats on paper. 911 addressing I think is being manipulated by the local politicians to control the citizens and not for emergency purposes.
Where_am_I

Cumby, TX

#21 Jun 5, 2012
I been working with the county trying to get my 911 address so it might work when I need to call 911. The county road I live on is a short one and the CR that intersects with it is another number. So here the deal. The county road that comes off the farm to market(FM)road to get to me comes out 3 different times on the FM road. Yes that makes it hard for anyone to find me. Last call to 911 was a long wait. After 45 minutes I had to call back and ask if they were coming out. About 10 minutes after that they showed up. Found out the next day they stopped up the road and had to ask directions. Scaried this little old lady to death with the sheriffs department banging on her door looking for me. From my house to the sheriff's office is a 30 minute drive. I have asked my commissioner about more signs and was told they done what they can. I pointed out that one of the county road signs on the FM at a stop sign call one road by a different name but yet the green 911 signs on the FM call it by a different name. I look up tax records on a house on that road and it has a name different than the CR that it has always been for the 30+ years I have lived here. The commissioners solution was to just take the odd sign down. Dont know what they do just pull manes out of a hat and spend tax payers money on bad signs. Oh yeah one of the sheriff's deputies said after they finally got there.. "WOW, you kind of your own Sheriff way out here" I need help.. phone calls arent doing it yet. Hunt Co. tx

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Mothra 50,287
For Saudis, Falling Oil Demand Is More Worrying... 5 hr jeffry 1
Rain leads to dozens of wrecks, officer sent to... 10 hr killeen gurl 2
U.S. Border Patrol truck parked on the Texas-Me... 14 hr huey goins 9
First drive: 2015 Chrysler 300 Sun Mr California 3
Columnist Navarrette: Sen. Ted Cruz Is 'Authent... Jan 24 wild child 4
Lawmakers Consider Boosting Earthquake Research Jan 24 a bit late eh 1
More from around the web