A clash over gun shows on public property nears in Texas

Jan 13, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Star-Telegram.com

As Austin and Travis County officials prepare to vote on whether weapon markets should be hosted in their publicly owned Exposition Center - potentially laying the groundwork for other Texas communities to follow - top state officials are firing back in defense of gun shows.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 32 of32
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 12

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

door king wrote:
<quoted text>There is no point in reading anything from Fox News. I suppose all those weapons didn't have a manufacturer either. They were made on Mars, maybe?
As is typial with you and your ilk if the facts do not match our agenda then just ignore them.

You can not dispute any of the facts presented so you just disregar them.
Here is a news flash for you. Many weapons manufactured n coun tries like China, or what used to be the eastern block of Europe do not place serial numbers on the weapons.

Your flippant comment about manfactured on mars just goes to show hw ignorant you are.

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

door king wrote:
But you might take a look at this: http://news.yahoo.com/us-mexico-seized-68-000...
Because a gun can't be traced it does not mean it did not come from the U.S.
As usual with your type.

Well here's a news flash or ya there genius. I did read that link long before you ever posted it. You see I, unlike you, gather information from multiple sources. You see while you pick and choose what references you will look at I look at al of them.

You do have one thing right though as strange as that may seem. Just because a weapon can not be traced does not mean it didnt come from the US as it desn't mean that it did come from the US either.

So what exactly is your point?
As I stated and refereneced he source those supposed 68000 weaons reflect only 17% of the weapons found so why have the others not been presented? Why is there only reference to the ones they can trace to the US?

It is very simple really. It is a propoganda campaign plain and simple. The Mexicans are trying to get aid from the US and the libtards are trying to paint the US as evil.

Since: Sep 07

Drearyville KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
As is typial with you and your ilk if the facts do not match our agenda then just ignore them.
You can not dispute any of the facts presented so you just disregar them.
Here is a news flash for you. Many weapons manufactured n coun tries like China, or what used to be the eastern block of Europe do not place serial numbers on the weapons.
Your flippant comment about manfactured on mars just goes to show hw ignorant you are.
Fox has been caught lying so many times and by so many people they can't be trusted. The Yahoo source I mentioned dropped the 90 percent figure to about 70 percent. Who disregards the facts that don't agree with them. Who accepts "facts" only when they agree? I would say environmentalists, fembots, and gun collectors are tops in that category. Gun collecting and gun marketing is what this flap is all about, not rights.

Drearyville KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

You don't even see the irony is accusing others of what you are so obviously doing.

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

A little more updated data for you here.

"Mexico has provided the ATF with information on 99,691 guns. The ATF determined that the source for 68,161 of the weapons was the United States — 68 percent of the total. The agency couldn’t determine a U.S. source or was unable to trace the request to a country of origin for the other guns. The 68 percent figure is down from estimates of 90 percent in years past when Mexico was sharing less information with the United States."

So again your 90% figure is shown to be false.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-04-27...

"The Mexican military recently reported nearly 9,000 police weapons "missing."
"One weapon - an AR-15-type semi-automatic rifle - tells the story. In 2006, this same kind of rifle - tracked by serial number - is legally sold by a U.S. manufacturer to the Mexican military.
Three years later - it's found in a criminal stash in a region wracked by Mexican drug cartel violence."

"That prompted a "sensitive" cable, uncovered by WikiLeaks, dated June 4, 2009, in which the U.S. State Department asked Mexico "how the AR-15" - meant only for the military or police - was "diverted" into criminal hands.
And, more importantly, where the other rifles from the same shipment went: "Please account for the current location of the 1,030 AR-15 type rifles," reads the cable."
"
2,476 guns to be sold to Mexico in 2006. In 2009, that number was up nearly 10 times, to 18,709. The State Department has since stopped disclosing numbers of guns it approves, and wouldn't give CBS News figures for 2010 or 2011."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-500202_162-573372...

Provided tha link previously but as ususal you ignored it because it didn't match your agenda.

Drearyville KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

My agenda is background checks for all gun sales and responsibility and accountability for those guns after the sale. What the eff doesn't agree with my agenda?

Waltham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

door king wrote:
My agenda is background checks for all gun sales and responsibility and accountability for those guns after the sale. What the eff doesn't agree with my agenda?
Your agenda is evident by your posts and it goes way beyond backgrouond checks.

If it were only the background checks then why all the BS about guns in Mexico?

You are antigun and anti second ammendment. You want the us public to be disarmed just like the rest of your libtard friends.

Your posts speak volumes about your agenda and it is not what you stated in that post.

Waltham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

door king wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox has been caught lying so many times and by so many people they can't be trusted. The Yahoo source I mentioned dropped the 90 percent figure to about 70 percent. Who disregards the facts that don't agree with them. Who accepts "facts" only when they agree? I would say environmentalists, fembots, and gun collectors are tops in that category. Gun collecting and gun marketing is what this flap is all about, not rights.
Sorry but you were the one that quoted 90% not me. When I rebuked that number you stood by it so sorry but you are the one that picks and chooses what facts you want to look at.
As to the entire Fox news thing, well prove any of the data that I presented from Fox News was false!
You dismiss the data out of hand because it does not fit your antigun and anti second ammendment stance.

You show your true colors with your last staement. You do not even understand the issue so how could you ever hope to argue with any semblance of reason on the subject?

It is all about rights. It is about the rights that are promised under the constitution. It is about those rights that, "Shall not be infringed".

Waltham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

door king wrote:
You don't even see the irony is accusing others of what you are so obviously doing.
What I see is you taking the standard antigun libtard stance.

I provided multiple sources, all of which you opted to ignore.
Rattle Brain

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

door king wrote:
Well what was your agenda when you were showing a Corpus Christi location on your post, and now you are posting from Kansas? Isn't that like the web we weave when we try to deceive?

Drearyville KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Check out your location s-head and get back to me.

Drearyville KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 32 of32
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••