Judge to hear challenge of Texas' gay marriage ban

Feb 12, 2014 Full story: Turnto10.com 9

Two homosexual couples challenging Texas' ban on same-sex marriage will take their case to federal court on Wednesday in the wake of recent legal victories in two other conservative states.

Full Story
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Feb 12, 2014
Sell Texas to Mexico for $1.00
If Mexico can't afford it; reduce the price

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#2 Feb 12, 2014
This case is similar to the one in Michigan where the plaintiffs cite the denial of civil rights from their *son*, who is being denied the legal recognition of his parents' marriage. That's a tough point to argue against, punishing children because other people don't like their parents....
jeffnhouston

Houston, TX

#3 Feb 12, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
Sell Texas to Mexico for $1.00
If Mexico can't afford it; reduce the price
Wow.... just wow... Born and raised in Texas, proud of it too.... not always proud of the way some of my fellow Texans act... but I can see that they don't hold a monopoly on being biased and judgmental....
You do realize that your remarks can be viewed as more than a bit derogatory, right? Guess you are entitled to your thoughts, no matter how disparaging they seem.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Feb 12, 2014
jeffnhouston wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.... just wow... Born and raised in Texas, proud of it too.... not always proud of the way some of my fellow Texans act... but I can see that they don't hold a monopoly on being biased and judgmental....
You do realize that your remarks can be viewed as more than a bit derogatory, right? Guess you are entitled to your thoughts, no matter how disparaging they seem.
LOL! I would loan Mexico the dollar to buy Texas; but I'm afraid Mexico would default when they realized they got cheated
Texas is seriously out of sync with the rest of us; and has been for quite a while. El Paso is especially adept at popping up on our discussion board with soaring outrageous misbehavior
http://www.elpasoinc.com/news/local_news/arti...
I was just suggesting a peaceful solution that wouldn't upset the Great White Egotists until a year or two when they finally figure out what happened too late to do anything about it
Since you are a salvageable Texan; we'll give you plenty of time to sell your horse and escape to Oklahoma
cancer suxs

Owatonna, MN

#5 Feb 12, 2014
I say take all the far righters from all 50 states move them to Texas and let Texas go back to Mexico or become its own nation. Whole nation would be better off without the cavemen.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#6 Feb 12, 2014
eJohn wrote:
This case is similar to the one in Michigan where the plaintiffs cite the denial of civil rights from their *son*, who is being denied the legal recognition of his parents' marriage. That's a tough point to argue against, punishing children because other people don't like their parents....
Isn't it interesting that the gay couples have *so many bases* on which to argue denial of rights? I mean, looking at the cases that are going forward, being instituted or being planned, we have a "smorgasbord" of reasons that denying these marriages legitimacy is unconstitutional and unfair.

It's interesting and amusing to me that the resolution to *ALL* that unfairness is ... to recognize them nationwide. Then all that unfairness and all those double standard evaporate in an instant.

It's even more interesting to view a "deeply religious" person who is virulently antigay. There is *NO* objectivity; they *cannot see* the u.s. constitution or its value; they *are literally blind* to everything but their own fear and prejudice, and WON'T listen. The courts needed very, very badly to step in on these matters and it's about time they did; I am glad to see the progress because I theorize that even a huge loss will not stop anyone: Various groups will simply start suing on a case-by-case and state-by-state basis for individual rights; it will simply take longer and be a "rougher" road. But this does TRULY seem inevitable, even if it takes another fifty years rather than the (more and more widely) predicted three to five.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#7 Feb 12, 2014
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it interesting that the gay couples have *so many bases* on which to argue denial of rights? I mean, looking at the cases that are going forward, being instituted or being planned, we have a "smorgasbord" of reasons that denying these marriages legitimacy is unconstitutional and unfair.
It's interesting and amusing to me that the resolution to *ALL* that unfairness is ... to recognize them nationwide. Then all that unfairness and all those double standard evaporate in an instant.
It's even more interesting to view a "deeply religious" person who is virulently antigay. There is *NO* objectivity; they *cannot see* the u.s. constitution or its value; they *are literally blind* to everything but their own fear and prejudice, and WON'T listen. The courts needed very, very badly to step in on these matters and it's about time they did; I am glad to see the progress because I theorize that even a huge loss will not stop anyone: Various groups will simply start suing on a case-by-case and state-by-state basis for individual rights; it will simply take longer and be a "rougher" road. But this does TRULY seem inevitable, even if it takes another fifty years rather than the (more and more widely) predicted three to five.
Nice description of Christ-insanity-ists. Very objective. And you are right, these loses will not stop them. Our Founding Fathers stopped them at the founding of America with the first Amendment and Christians have been trying to establish Christ-insanity by passing unjust, unfair and unconstitutional laws every since.
Marcavage s Trick

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Feb 12, 2014
jeffnhouston wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on various statistics it is quite possible to make generalizations about TX.

Molly Ivins or Jim Hightower or Ann Richards or Austin, for example, are essentially anecdotal, exceptions. The median wage, education and environmental picture, the penchant for capital punishment, the long history of anti glbt bigotry, the jeesus freakery is clear. Without its accidental fossil fuel related industries the place would be a real basket case. An even worse lagging, right wing hellhole.

Although we hear rumors TX might go purple in five years or whatever. I can't wait.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#9 Feb 13, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice description of Christ-insanity-ists. Very objective. And you are right, these loses will not stop them. Our Founding Fathers stopped them at the founding of America with the first Amendment and Christians have been trying to establish Christ-insanity by passing unjust, unfair and unconstitutional laws every since.
Thank you for this response.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americ... 27 min Le Jimbo 57
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min mdbuilder 46,799
Davis Says She Would Use Executive Action and V... 10 hr sandy1 2
Militias complicate situation on Texas border Sat Here Is One 235
Meredith Lynn Thomas (Jun '07) Sat HAL 2001 2
Perry criticizes Mexico's effort to secure border Sat Guess Who 14
Body of Texas sheriff's deputy found in lake Sat paddyomalley 1
•••

Texas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••