East Texas emergency officials brace for torrent of evacuees

Aug 28, 2012 Full story: Tyler Morning Telegraph

East Texas isn't hurricane country, but emergency officials are primed for the worst as Tropical Storm Isaac prepares to assault the Gulf Coast.

Full Story
The Lone Ranger

Tyler, TX

#1 Aug 28, 2012
Aw, crap, here we go again. We're still dealing witht the riff-raff who stayed here after Ike and Katrina.

I'm okay with helping those really in need. The state governments should set up safe, adequate shelter somewhere out in the boondocks with adequate food rations, emergency clinics, and water. Then, send them back home once the electricity is back on.

Last time this happened there were hundreds of scary criminals milling about an emergency shelter about a mile away from where I live. Better get my shotguns ready tonight in case that happens again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min Mothra 49,236
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 39 min Doc Proper 91
Sen. Rodriguez proposes principals, good data a... 2 hr Rural living 13
Sen. Rodriguez proposes principles, good data a... 3 hr Rural living 2
Texas open carry is shooting itself in the foot 20 hr Independent1 9
As Statewide Smoking Ban Burns Out in Capitol, ... Sat generalsn1234567 1
Life on oil rig hard but lucrative (Apr '12) Sat Me Raza 127
More from around the web