Hookah lounge leaves town

Aug 24, 2010 Full story: Mansfield News-Mirror 14

The hookah lounge that came under fire from members of the community and eventually led the Mansfield City Council to pass the first ordinance in the state against K2 has left town.

Full Story
Shell

Dallas, TX

#1 Aug 25, 2010
does the shell station mentioned in this article sell alcohol?

Why does the "church" (not MY community, mind you) not condone the most lethal drug in the world?

Why is this drug allowed to be sold within 1000 feet of a school/church/daycare?

I don't care either way about hookah's or K2 and don't use drugs. I'm questioning the hypocrisy here.

If the owner of this lounge "donated" his 10% to your Jesus-shack, would he be immune to your wrath?

What say you, sheep?
Ro Chell

Frisco, TX

#2 Aug 30, 2010
Hookas don't belong out here. Good riddence.
Second Hand Smoke

United States

#3 Aug 30, 2010
Yeah, alcohol breath smells bad, but it won't get you high or drunk. Yes, we all know the dangers of alcohol, but why fuel the fire with more types of wrongdoing?

It just makes me laugh when there are those out there that try to justify "smoking" as being an alternative to (name your poison). Actually, I am laughing at you, not with you, stoners.

I used to get high, but once you understand that it causes deformities in the reproductive process, brain damage (yes, so does alcohol, but some will do both, if allowed), lung cancer, throat cancer, mouth cancer, etc., it no longer makes any sense to use a product that will only make cartels richer, you poorer (most places do drug testing, and it is illegal to use until further notice), and our government only rakes in confiscated $$$ from laundering, not taxes. Wise up. You are only benefitting the cartels, no one else. For those that work for the cartels, I sure hope your days are numbered.
ike

Farmington, NM

#4 Aug 30, 2010
yeah this has nothing to do with bud. it's talking about a hooka lounge, maybe you should light up and comprehend a little more. How can you ban a hooka lounge they're smokin plums in there, OHHHH BAD STUFF, maybe they associate it with muslims, why in the eff they would do that I don't know, but they are freaked out by a hooka already
Sheila

Grand Prairie, TX

#5 Aug 31, 2010
I'm with you Shell. What he was doing was legal. The fact that he said he has no hard feelings says a lot about the person he is. I stopped by there hoping to talk with him. Even called the number on the window but no one answered. I wanted to invite him to come picket at my church.(No donations required.) Thought the signs could say, "Marley'z loves New Day." :)
Sheila, Pastor
New Day United Methodist Church
www.ndumc.com

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#6 Sep 13, 2010
Good Lord, here we go again, I suppose it's alright to get drunk but heaven forbid someone might smoke some herb.
NineteenRabbit

Tepic, Mexico

#7 Sep 13, 2010
Legalize marijauna. It is harmless.
MrHothead

Dallas, TX

#8 Sep 15, 2010
ike wrote:
yeah this has nothing to do with bud. it's talking about a hooka lounge, maybe you should light up and comprehend a little more. How can you ban a hooka lounge they're smokin plums in there, OHHHH BAD STUFF, maybe they associate it with muslims, why in the eff they would do that I don't know, but they are freaked out by a hooka already
DURP
Potato Head

Frisco, TX

#9 Sep 16, 2010
I love me some hookers. Where can I get me a date. No fat chicks!
RocketScientist

Arlington, VA

#10 Sep 16, 2010
It always amazes me how much these backwoods bible thumpers know... A HOOKAH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POT! It's about as close to marijuana as rolling papers or philly cigars, which you can still purchase at any corner store.
Shell

Dallas, TX

#11 Sep 22, 2010
Yes but as teh Jesus teaches us (after we pay our 10%), anything that you don't understand must be eeeevvviiilll and the work of the debil!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#12 Sep 22, 2010
We all know Texas is full of idiots, it's a prerequisite to living there.
thatguy

Dallas, TX

#13 Apr 14, 2012
Shut up. This probably your typical suburbanite who stuffs fast food down their throat and is overweight. Itís easy criticizing on the internet. So shut your mouth. I bet you go to church too. F you!
so_ now what

Dallas, TX

#14 Aug 28, 2012
In Texas there are a few IDIOTS but those are born EVERYWHERE... since your location is hidden could it possibly mean, your ashamed of where you are from? hmmmmm, possibly you are a Texan that moved away therefore thinking you are superior... NOT!

As for this topix, it is stupid. People are going to do what they want, when they want, and sometimes where they want. The churches run things down and out-of-town because they cannot control it. So sad because control is the work of the devil when it used to justify actions that are not very becoming of Christians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 46,575
Shah's son seeks support for people's revolutio... 3 hr Dean 1
1965 'Cinderella' star to attend Broadway version 6 hr Go Blue Forever 1
Rachel Anna Neff: 'El Grito' has been part of U... 11 hr el grito 4
Breast Cancer Study 14 hr paddyomalley 8
Rick Perry's immigration record: A hard line at... Sun dirtbag1958 1
Militias complicate situation on Texas border Sun ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 229
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Texas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••