Texas House debates 'Chris Kyle Bill'...

Texas House debates 'Chris Kyle Bill' to fast-track police jobs for ex-military

There are 1 comment on the WFAA-TV Dallas story from Feb 28, 2013, titled Texas House debates 'Chris Kyle Bill' to fast-track police jobs for ex-military. In it, WFAA-TV Dallas reports that:

He had so many titles, but he wanted one more: Chris Kyle wanted to be a cop. "It was important to him, he wanted it, he was excited about the process of getting a badge," said his widow, Taya, in Austin Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFAA-TV Dallas.

SGT GARCIA JON

Austin, TX

#1 Mar 22, 2013
I am a full time national guardsman and before i came on as a full timer a year ago I graduated a police academy and got my TCLEOSE certification. Now that I have been applying for a reserve officer position and applied for several full time positions I have been denied due to background issues. I know I have done some bad things in the past but it nothing to dismiss my application for. I have an outstanding resume and work background that I know is above a lot of applicants. I deem it unfair, I understand why they have to regulate who they let in but why donít they let the person explain the situation from the past. Many people make mistakes and I know for a fact peace officers do to. I am extremely upset at this situation; I have a security clearance in the military and I am successful at my job in it. This just not make any kind of scene to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 7 min woodtick57 739
News Hillary goes ugly early with racism claims 3 hr GoGrannyHillary 587
News GOP presidential candidates celebrate July 4 in... 6 hr private guy 1
News Perry: 'I was offended by' Trump 7 hr yourown 1
News Perry: Trump doesn't get it 8 hr wild child 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Earthling-1 53,996
News Immigrant children in Texas detention center gi... 12 hr Donny Brook 1
More from around the web