Tea Party out-muscles Boehner on bord...

Tea Party out-muscles Boehner on border-security funding

There are 187 comments on the Reuters story from Jul 31, 2014, titled Tea Party out-muscles Boehner on border-security funding. In it, Reuters reports that:

A bill to fund border security blew up in House Speaker John Boehner's face on Thursday, leaving Republicans in disarray and struggling to reconcile Tea Party demands with the need to deal with a humanitarian crisis on the southwestern border with Mexico.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#22 Aug 2, 2014
kuda wrote:
John Boehner "leads" his caucus in character as cowardly lion, which renders him ineffective in that role. Since tea partiers are all about bullying over reason muscle over mind the only way to get control of them is to crack a whip, not try to appease them. It was entirely predictable that they'd eat him for breakfast. Had he been wise, he would have followed Eric Cantor when he walked out "early" (i.e., under his own terms, so to speak) a reminder to be careful what we ask for.
Obama:'I'm Going To Have To Act Alone'..., oops, oh really.........still fighting the constitution.

Obama: Give me everything I want 100% or I will go it alone..........this is a schlor of the constitution.
Straw Grasping Teabaggers

Providence, UT

#23 Aug 2, 2014
Republican House majority can't pass immigration reform....

House Republicans to President Obama: Take executive action

LOL!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#24 Aug 2, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Awe, poor baby, still name calling
Gosh... it's always a sign they lost the argument unless you do it, Au Dumbo.

Time for you to break out your Mexican alias, dear...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#25 Aug 2, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>PAPER: Hundreds of dead border-crossers in single Texas county...
Rancher shares grotesque photos...
Same PAPER: Sasquatch EXISTS!

{click}

Flagged.

Off topic, cross posted, clueless Au Dumbo Spam.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#26 Aug 2, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Obama:'I'm Going To Have To Act Alone'..., oops, oh really.........still fighting the constitution.
Executive orders
Ronald Reagan 381
George Bush 291

Barrack Obama 183

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#27 Aug 2, 2014
Straw Grasping Teabaggers wrote:
House Republicans to President Obama: Take executive action
LOL!
Funny how the next to the last thing the House could do is vote to sue Obama for using XOs and the last thing they can agree on is Obama should use XOs to fix the bill they can't pass though the Senate.
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#29 Aug 2, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Executive orders
Ronald Reagan 381
George Bush 291
Barrack Obama 183
Only a moron(YOU) keeps count. It's not the number,it's the substance,JACKAZZ!
How many times has Obozo been btch slapped by scotus since 2012?
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#30 Aug 2, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how the next to the last thing the House could do is vote to sue Obama for using XOs and the last thing they can agree on is Obama should use XOs to fix the bill they can't pass though the Senate.
Funny how quick you libtards fail to mention 356 bills passed by the house are sitting on scum bag Reid's desk.

Up to your same old dirty AZZ LYING.
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Since: Oct 10

Impeach Trump

#31 Aug 2, 2014
FUnny to watch Boner-boy getting Teabagged by his own party. Why doesn't he just resign the Speakership and hand it over to Cruz, who's really running things in the House?

Pathetic. Crying Orange Man is doomed...
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Since: Oct 10

Impeach Trump

#32 Aug 2, 2014
truth-facts wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how quick you libtards fail to mention 356 bills passed by the house are sitting on scum bag Reid's desk.
Up to your same old dirty AZZ LYING.
Is it 356 bills, now? I know the number varies according to which Rightie is squealing about it.

Got a link, twink? Got a Constitutional reason why a Senate leader of the other party has to bring ANY House bills to the floor?

Dumbass.
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Since: Oct 10

Impeach Trump

#33 Aug 2, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Obama:'I'm Going To Have To Act Alone'..., oops, oh really.........still fighting the constitution.
Obama: Give me everything I want 100% or I will go it alone..........this is a schlor of the constitution.
Boner:'Obama needs to act alone to stop the crisis at the border.'

Boner:'And BTW, we'll be suing Obama for acting alone without Congressional approval.'

LOL

Dumbass hypocrite...:)
brad

Bolton, CT

#34 Aug 2, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
FUnny to watch Boner-boy getting Teabagged by his own party. Why doesn't he just resign the Speakership and hand it over to Cruz, who's really running things in the House?
Pathetic. Crying Orange Man is doomed...
I thought the tea party was dead long ago?

Now they're running the show?
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Since: Oct 10

Impeach Trump

#40 Aug 2, 2014
brad wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the tea party was dead long ago?
Now they're running the show?
Apparently, in the House.

Who said they were "dead long ago?"
brad

Bolton, CT

#41 Aug 2, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, in the House.
Who said they were "dead long ago?"
Liberals,in general,when it suits their narrative.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#42 Aug 2, 2014
truth-facts wrote:
<quoted text>Only a moron(YOU) keeps count. It's not the number,it's the substance,JACKAZZ!
No, spoogesponge, it is quantity, especially when the losers in the tea bag party cry that any POTUS who uses the executive order is a dictator... and it turns out the Republicans have used twice as many as Obama.

So you end up with a mouth full of spooge and have to switch to your other aliases...

Wipe your chin, dear.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43 Aug 2, 2014
brad wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the tea party was dead long ago?
Now they're running the show?
HAAHAHAHAHAHAH!

You tea baggers are the best thing to happen in twenty years to the Democrat party!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Imagine having Palin and Rafael Cruz as your intellectual tent posts?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#44 Aug 2, 2014
brad wrote:
I thought the tea party was dead long ago?
Now they're running the show?
Happy to see Senator Rafael take FULL CREDIT for the mess he made in the House of Representatives.
Fred

Colby, KS

#46 Aug 2, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Executive orders
Ronald Reagan 381
George Bush 291
Barrack Obama 183
LIE

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#47 Aug 3, 2014
Straw Grasping Teabaggers wrote:
Republican House majority can't pass immigration reform....
House Republicans to President Obama: Take executive action
LOL!
WASHINGTON, D.C. House Republicans passed a border supplemental bill Friday night.

The 223 - 189 vote came after an initial attempt at a border supplement failed to make it to the floor Thursday due to lack of support.

Late-night meetings and tweaks to the original bills found members emerging from a Friday morning House GOP conference meeting expressing optimism about the prospects of passing a supplemental border bill to help alleviate the ongoing crisis of unaccompanied minors and family units illegally crossing the southern border.

The GOP victory comes after conservative House members pressed hard for changes tightening up the initial bill that failed to come to the floor Thursday due to lack of support.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#48 Aug 3, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Same PAPER: Sasquatch EXISTS!
{click}
Flagged.
Off topic, cross posted, clueless Au Dumbo Spam.
Border Official:'I'd Almost Guarantee People Have Been Released That Are Sick'...
Measles, H1N1, TB 'Pretty Common'...
PAPER: Hundreds of dead border-crossers in single Texas county...
Rancher shares grotesque photos...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-sex couple allegedly told they don't 'mirr... 33 min youll shoot your ... 17
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min Fart on Bozo 64,474
texas women smell of fart (Nov '09) 4 hr FART PRODUCE 37
HEB grocery 4 hr FART PRODUCE 4
texas women smell of fart (Sep '10) 5 hr FART FRIDAY 31
News The Long Island Gay & Lesbian Film Festival to ... 5 hr FART FRIDAY 40
This is awesome 5 hr FART FRIDAY 2
More from around the web